Otherwise: An FTL-RP

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
Jumbocarrot0

Re: Otherwise: An FTL-RP

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:34 am

dyno101 wrote:I'm really sorry for letting this RP die for a bit there, but I still plan to start it. If anyone is still here, than:

Accepted! We'll be starting just about here. To make it clear:

You are totally allowed to join mid-RP. Just post your character application and wait for it to be accepted, then hop in.

I'll post the beginning of the RP soon. I hope some of you are still listening!

Cool, I'm glad to see this is still alive and I hope it stays that way.
dyno101

Postby dyno101 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:04 am

The first and most notable thing about their chamber was the handcuffs - specifically, those attaching Algen to a metal pole behind him. What became clear next was that he was not alone - specifically, 3 other people were in the exact same scenario.

The artificial gravity systems had clearly failed to function, as they were indeed in micro-gravity. As he was floating uncontrollably, he noticed the pole he was secured to was not a pole but a pipe. This was the same for his crewmembers.

It quickly became clear that this ship had been emptied left only with its emergency life support systems on. The assumption was at first made that the crew of the ship had abandoned them, but his occupation made him think twice.

Lost in thought, Algen failed to notice a tool bag drifting in the room until it hit him in the face, at which point he realized it was used in an attempt to repair the ship, as its tools were covered in stains from oil and fuel. It contained a few spare parts, an automatic screwdriver, and a wrench spattered with blood. This confirmed his previous suspicion but the usefulness of the tools for his escape was clear. He detached the pipe from the wall with the wrench. The handcuffs slid out from the now-floating pipe, and he quickly got to waking up the other crew-members.

EDIT: Grammar
"There isn't good or bad. There's just insane."
"Blamsauce!"
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:04 am

Turzil saw Algen escape the pipe he was attached too. He didn't need any tools to escape as the handcuffs he was attached too were poorly designed to suit an engi. Turzil reformed the nanobots in his wrists and slipped out of the handcuffs. He knew Dargjas could easily reform the metalic pipe he was attached to and Algen could help Mawkish. He looked for a way out. Scanning the room, he found a sole ventilation shaft above the room. "Informatition suggests that our best course of action to exit is a ventilation shaft." He explained to Algen, the only person who awakened. "Due to lack of artificial gravity our only obstacle to breaking into the shaft is a proper tool." He then spied to tool bag Algen used to escape. He grabbed a screwdriver from it, floated to the shaft and quickly unscrewed the vent. "Probablity of escape has increased by 97.83%."
AI41

Postby AI41 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:50 am

Dargjas faded back into consciousness, finding himself handcuffed to a pipe in microgravity and Algen and Turzil climbing into a vent in the ceiling. The pipe Dargjas was attached to was inadequate to keep a Lanius, so it melted under his arms, although a few drops flew around. "Ah, who the hell did that?" Dargjas muttered as his spikes melted into his body. He followed the other crewmembers.
Last edited by AI41 on Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
WARNING: Shipyard Complex Overload
Chickengames

Postby Chickengames » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:06 am

Maw woke up suddenly, and looked around frantically at first. He saw others he recognized and their similar situations, which they had already escaped from. Being inherently mucus-y, he was able to easily slip out of the handcuffs. The last thing he remembered was walking in an ...alley? He cursed himself for being kidnapped so easily. Maw pushed off the nearest wall up to the opening. “I think we all know why we’re here. Somebody didn’t want that story being published.”
dyno101

Postby dyno101 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:42 pm

"You're more than right about that - any normal pirate would've turned off life support and abandoned us to die in our sleep. This crew fought and clearly lost. I don't know to what, though."
The vents, cramped as they were, led directly into the cockpit. The flight controls were disabled, as were the engines, and the walls were stained with blood as expected.

"I don't figure the files would've stayed with this ship. We need to find a way to turn the power back on. I have no clue where they keep the ship's other controls, though."

The door to the main hallway had drift open as they spoke, providing a path to investigate the ship.
"There isn't good or bad. There's just insane."
"Blamsauce!"
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:06 pm

"Oxygen levels in the room we regained consciousness in was of 73% oxygen. Considering Dargjas is a lanius and can drain oxygen that only leaves two possibilities. That the life support system is advanced enough to slow the lanius' abilities or consciousness was regained shortly after we were put there."

The door swung open but Turzil was too busy scanning the blood. "Blood suggests the deceased of the ship were of mantis orgin. Evidence that supports mantis kidnappers: Poorly designed handcuffs.
Evidence that denies mantis kidnappers: Ship seems of human origin, blood suggests that they were killed on ship, we're still alive."
Chickengames

Postby Chickengames » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:06 am

“If the power is off, then this fight happened recently. The oxygen would have been depleted quickly like you said, Turzil. Mantis are known to take other ships, so this may be theirs, but that leaves the question of who attacked and why didn’t they see our life signs?”
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:22 am

"Likelyhood of being captured by mantis: Probable. Likelyhood of being capture by mantis and staying alive: None." Turzil reminisced back in the days of the Mantis-Fed war. Back then, he was a mechanic on many ships. On one such ship, the mantis raided and killed all the crew. He only survived by an escape pod. Since then he evaded many captures by mantis and when he became a general he had quite the bounty on is head, he remembers when he discovered the wanted posters of him.
WANTED: GENERAL TURZIL OF THE ENGI BREGADE. VALUE:500 CREDITS. DEAD OR DEAD, NOT ALIVE, MUST BE DEAD TO COLLECT.
He was pretty sure those bounties were still on his head. "It is uncharacteristic for mantis to keep us alive, unless there is an incentive." He then stared at the two investigators, Maw and Dargjas, "Like a bounty for two reporters of an undesired report."
Chickengames

Postby Chickengames » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:28 am

“That may explain our captors, but not their deaths.” Maw pulled himself to the glass in the cockpit. “I don’t see any other ships or stations from this angle. We might as well look through the rest of the ship for more signs of what happened.”