Otherwise: An FTL-RP

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
Chickengames

Re: Otherwise: An FTL-RP

Postby Chickengames » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:54 pm

Fine with me

Maw slithered up to meet with the others. The guards genuinely seemed to think they were dead. "How can we prove to you that we're who we say we are?"
AI41

Postby AI41 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:16 pm

Fine with me.

"Damn, more Federation." Dargjas muttered to himself. "Yes, this Engi is indeed ex-general Turzil. And these are indeed Algen and Mawkish. I am Dargjas Verik, of Lania. My allegiance colours are silver and blue. Also, Turzil, all Engi do look suprisingly alike. So do Lanius. Slugs and Humans, though, have some variation."

You'll grow on Dargjas.
WARNING: Shipyard Complex Overload
dyno101

Postby dyno101 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:11 pm

The Federation members led the crew to a central area in the crew quarters. They began by apologizing and offering the crew a few food and water rations, which Algen happily accepted.

"We're sorry to be suspicious of you, but the entire disappearance has-"

Algen interrupted them. "Hang on. Can you turn off your communications system?"

"We.. can, but I'd prefer not to."
"Well," Algen responded "it's not exactly a choice. We need to stay hidden and they can locate us through any means necessary."
The officer pushed a few buttons on his data pad. "It should be off for now. What is it we need to know?"

"Our research team was investigating the possibility of the Rebels being controlled by something else. They kidnapped us, faked our deaths, and tried to run off with us. It looks like they got raided by some mantis as we were being transported - our life signs were hidden by some fancy gizmos that they used to smuggle us across borders. We need to get out of their clutches, but they've likely bugged us, that ship, and have search teams en route to here already."

The officers had a few hushed whispers before responding to Algen's explanation. "What we figure to do as of now is to get Turzil to Federation command for a few short discussions and the rest of you to somewhere safe until we can start locating the source of all this madness. I'll spin up the FTL drive and notify someone else to take my shift. You all can stay here and get yourselves in order. We can't let you communicate with anyone outside this ship until we've verified your innocence, so just stay here and.. eat. And - apologies, Mr. Turzil. We're getting this sorted as fast as we can. The entire kidnapping was a very.. complex situation. Nobody knew what happened to any of you until we found what we thought were your bodies, and that kind of case is unusual to say the least."

The three then left the room, leaving Algen, Turzil, Mawkish, and Dargjas on their own.
"There isn't good or bad. There's just insane."
"Blamsauce!"
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:51 pm

"The situation seems sorted." Turzil stated after they left. "Now it seems we must go through some filing and discover who is behind it all."
AI41

Postby AI41 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:27 pm

"So, the other ship's in no condition to do anything, and we'll need a ship of our own if we're to find the people who kidnapped us. We most likely have no money, but I might be able to get a Lanius scout if these Federation men will take us to Lania." Dargjas mentioned.
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:45 am

AI41 wrote:"So, the other ship's in no condition to do anything, and we'll need a ship of our own if we're to find the people who kidnapped us. We most likely have no money, but I might be able to get a Lanius scout if these Federation men will take us to Lania." Dargjas mentioned.

"Yes, you will be able to take a Lanius scout while the rest of us will be left behind." Turzil stated, clearly not being with good terms with Dargjas, with the death threat and all. "Way to think about yourself there."
AI41

Postby AI41 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:06 am

"No, I'm saying I could get us a scout with oxygen through my connections. But if you don't want a ship, I'm going home. You can find your kidnappers without me.*sighs* I apologize for being abrasive. I can get a ship, because I work for the Lania government, but they won't help me any more than that unless it's about Kruos. I understand I have to stick with you, for all of our safety, subsequently I'm trying to be more social, and less annoying."
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:20 am

Turzil realized what he said. "I apologize as well. It is unlike I to be so brash. We are all matured entities here, and as us four will likely have to stay together it is wise to develop good relations. Also for this ship, or any future ship we are going to reside in, we should probably invest in the best life support system to counter Dargjas' anaerobic abilities."
AI41

Postby AI41 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:00 am

"Turzil, earlier, you seemed surprised when I said that the Federation had stolen the cruiser Kruos. Is this the first time you've heard of Federation soldiers, in Federation marked ships, commit piracy?"
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:56 am

AI41 wrote:"Turzil, earlier, you seemed surprised when I said that the Federation had stolen the cruiser Kruos. Is this the first time you've heard of Federation soldiers, in Federation marked ships, commit piracy?"

"Well, um." Turzil trailed off his sentence. The answer was obviously, no. The 'heroes' of the Federation that everyone talks about, the crew of the Kestrel. If they didn't save the Federation they would be in prison. They've destroyed ships for scrap, not just rebels but pirates, zoltan law enforcement, rocks, mantis, even a pair of engi ships enganing in 'Reproductive Procedures'. They've refused surrenders, they've killed crew, they've bought slaves and done hundreds of crimes on the way to the Last Stand. Even other Federation officers have been known to commit piracy, mainly just refusing surrenders but that is still barbaric. And Dargjas knew this, he investigated the war and would've discovered files relating to the crew that weren't classified. He had to reply, so the best he could say was, "It has not been confirmed that Federation officers have never frequently commited piracy