[FTL RP, WE'RE BACK, REBOOTED!] The Rogue Cadets

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
Chickengames

Re: [FTL RP, WE'RE BACK, REBOOTED!] The Rogue Cadets

Postby Chickengames » Tue May 29, 2018 7:20 pm

Kyrie had been pretty useless in the battle since shields were useless, but then the battle stopped suddenly with a strange wave. The ship’s systems turned off and everything went dark. She shuffled slowly to the door, which she had to pry open, and tried the comms: “Jake? What happened?” Nothing. She put a hand on the wall and followed it toward the medbay. It was pitch black. The only sounds were the creaking of the ship and Kyrie’s own breathing.

Suddenly, she felt the hair stand up on her neck. She stopped walking. She held her breath. There wasn’t a sound, but she still felt like something was there. Eventually she continued and came to an intersection in the hallways. There was usually an extra rifle and radio at the intersections, so she felt around till she found a panel and pulled it off. Kyrie took out the rifle and turned on the light. There was nothing around her, so she turned on the radio. “Can anyone hear me?” Bzzzzzz “Hello?” Bzzzzzz The buzz of the radio wasn’t the only sound, though. Kyrie strained to hear. It almost sounded like... someone running.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue May 29, 2018 10:00 pm

Lux swept the area with her torch, looking for the source of the growling.
Footsteps. Running footsteps.
Then something slimy dripped onto her shoulder. That was all she needed to start running as fast as she could out of the room.
She headed down the corridors of the dark ship, her torch waving erratically until she bumped into something at an intersection. "Kyrie!" she shouted in surprise and relief that it wasn't some big slimy monster.
Before she let Kyrie react or even speak, the young woman started to ramble "You're alive! Something's happened to the power, I can't raise Jake on the comms. There's something slimy in the Medbay that's probably got us on its menu. We should stick together because splitting up in a horror situation is really bad. You've ever seen those movies? Let's avoid being the opening kill girls of that movie..."
Whiskey

Postby Whiskey » Tue May 29, 2018 11:55 pm

Name: Dahl

Species: Lanius

Age: Unknown (Lanius hibernate for years on end after all)

Profession: Lanius scavenger, engineer, cyronetics

Physical: Normal Lanius body structure (about 5’-6”) and is a Lead colored Lanius, but has cyan eyes instead of regular orange. (Lanius eyes have a low glow to them)

Personality: Nervous, scared of other species, hesitates sometimes.

Quirks: Does not know how to speak any other languages except very little English.

Backstory: Was scavenging an old Rebel Battleship with other Lanius until Rebel patrol squadron attacked them and were taken prisoner for research as they behaved differently than other Lanius.

(Cargo hold of the Rebel ship) Dahl was... kinda sleeping somewhat with his eyes not glowing, he was in a white metallic room with a Laser barrier blocking up the cell exit but the alloy was specialized to prevent Lanius from melting it down. But he woke to the sound of running outside his cell and slowly walked over to the barrier as a creature ran past the barrier like a blur. Dahl fell on his back and scurred to the wall terrified yelling out an unintelligible message in the process.
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Wed May 30, 2018 10:20 am

Grom was attending to Bren when the blinding light of Lux's torch shined over her eyes, followed by the static of a radio. She couldn't care less about what she was trying to do, she just wanted to make sure Bren and Ruwen were fine. Then, the growling. “What was that?” The rockwoman muttered. Lux powered her blaster, Grom readied her fist. Growling, footsteps, fast footsteps. In a few seconds this was all drowned out by Lux running out of the room.
‘That can't be good.’ Grom thought. She went into a fighting position. ‘I fight for honour!’
ImageImage
JakeCollins

Postby JakeCollins » Thu May 31, 2018 4:29 pm

"All right," Jake said. "Now what?"
And that's when they heard it. Scurrying footsteps across the deck plating. Jake felt his stomach drop, but didn't have time to react before one of the things was on top of him. He toppled over from the crushing weight, held down by a large, slimey, boney creature.

The rebel grabbed a steal pipe from the ceiling of his damage ship, held it in front of the creature's neck and pulled. He yanked the creature off of Jake with the steel pipe, only to hear the being howl in pain as the Rebel repeatedly struck it with the pipe. Jake grabbed the rifle and was about to shoot, when suddenly the howling and screeching from the organism sounded like it was being autotuned. Gurgling, organic noises were converted into computerized tones. The universal translator was kicking in.

The Rebel and Jake stood above the wounded creature, listening as words emerged from the technological sounds. Soon, it was clear enough to have a conversation. Jake aimed the rifle, just in case.

"By Savaia, save me from my demons," The creature said, the tone of its voice upset and defeated.

"Who are you?" Jake said.

"What? You can understand me?" The creature replied.

"Yes... We thought you were... Some kind of monster..."

"We thought you were the Armageddon..."

"What? Why?" Jake asked.

"So you are not demons?"

"No... I don't think so..."
Me: Have you ever wanted to explore the galaxy... in a BANANA?
You: No.
Me: Well now you can! Click the link below for the one-and-only Banana Mod!
http://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32321
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:44 am

After King lost connection, The Lanius Fleet were switching frequencies trying to contact someone, while fighting off the creatures. Eventually they got contact. The other side spoke first.
“This is General Vikar of the Rebel Fleet, who may I have the gratitude of contacting?”
After translating, the commander of one of the Lanius ships responded. “We are a fleet of Lanius that are a part of the Rogue Union.” There was a short pause before the Genral responded, while the translator did its work on his side.
“Hah! Rogue Union, those Federation wannabes thinking they have a chance. Ahem, sorry. So you're Lanius? Interesting.”
“We are surprised you see us as interesting and not remarking a xenophobic comment and threatening our death.” the Lanius remarked.
“Xenophobic?” the rebel general responded, “No no no. That is a common misconception, the rebels aren't xenophobic. Of course it might seem that way, but we respect ALL races. We only kill under the most extreme of circumstances, and even so I’m not in the position to kill anything, darn black hole. And besides, we believe Lanius are a misunderstood species. Just look at this: a civilised conversation.”
The Lanius didn't buy a word of what the rebel said, but it was better than noone. “I suggest a temporary truce until everyone can get back to the previous condition.” The lanius proposed.
“Hm, I suppose. You under attack by those things?”
“Indeed we are. It seems these creatures don’t need to breathe oxygen, as they are surviving in our oxygenless ships.”
“So those things are anaerobic as well? Nothing stopping these things.”
ImageImage
Whiskey

Postby Whiskey » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:21 pm

(Cargo hold) The backup power eventually ran out and the red emergency lights went out and the force field went out.
He stuck his head out of both corners of the door to make sure he was alone and did the best he could to not make noise.
He found the scrap hold and melted them down into a flamethrower like weapon fed by the two pressurized tanks on his back filled with a cyro like substance and a welder like mask for protection, as he was doing this he heard something fall and turned with he cyrothrower shaking as he was holding it backing up to the doorway as he did and ran for a closet to hide/gain a defensive position still shaking in fear of death as his eyes dart around.
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:21 pm

Whiskey wrote:(Cargo hold) The backup power eventually ran out and the red emergency lights went out and the force field went out.
He stuck his head out of both corners of the door to make sure he was alone and did the best he could to not make noise.
He found the scrap hold and melted them down into a flamethrower like weapon fed by the two pressurized tanks on his back filled with a cyro like substance and a welder like mask for protection, as he was doing this he heard something fall and turned with he cyrothrower shaking as he was holding it backing up to the doorway as he did and ran for a closet to hide/gain a defensive position still shaking in fear of death as his eyes dart around.

Woah, woah, woah, you’re getting ahead of yourself there.
JakeCollins hasn’t actually accepted your character into the RP, you should wait until he does until you start participating.
Last edited by Jumbocarrot0 on Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Whiskey

Postby Whiskey » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:25 am

I PM him few days ago and was approved. sorry if my arrival was unannounced, My bad :D
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:04 am

Whiskey wrote:I PM him few days ago and was approved. sorry if my arrival was unannounced, My bad :D

Oh, okay. :oops:
ImageImage