[FTL RP, WE'RE BACK, REBOOTED!] The Rogue Cadets

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
stylesrj

Re: [FTL RP, WE'RE BACK, REBOOTED!] The Rogue Cadets

Postby stylesrj » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:26 pm

Honestly? I think I'll stick with what I've got because I feel like I'd get bogged down too much if I took on more characters than I should be.
Also, because it was a stupid and silly idea at the time, let's just casually ignore/retcon/remove/nukeitfromorbit the more crazy cannibalistic elements of Eden's pirates (you know the ones) but I think the Hive Queen aspect and the Rebel virus that caused it can remain... those are still relevant.
JakeCollins

Postby JakeCollins » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:58 pm

stylesrj wrote:Honestly? I think I'll stick with what I've got because I feel like I'd get bogged down too much if I took on more characters than I should be.
Also, because it was a stupid and silly idea at the time, let's just casually ignore/retcon/remove/nukeitfromorbit the more crazy cannibalistic elements of Eden's pirates (you know the ones) but I think the Hive Queen aspect and the Rebel virus that caused it can remain... those are still relevant.

Not gonna lie, your stuff was OUT THERE, Stylersj. But tbh, I kinda liked the weirdness of it. Really cool and creative! What do you want to pull back on?
Me: Have you ever wanted to explore the galaxy... in a BANANA?
You: No.
Me: Well now you can! Click the link below for the one-and-only Banana Mod!
http://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32321
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:07 pm

As in I want to stick with Lux and Eden as characters. I don't think I can take on Ruwen as well. I could try I suppose though?
JakeCollins

Postby JakeCollins » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:07 am

It's fine. I'll take on Bren and Ruwen, JumboCarrort can take on the rest of the Scarab.

Does that cover it for characters? Lemme know if I'm missing anyone. If everything in that department is a GO, we can move on to discussing plot (just a bit, won't take too long) and then getting started with the RP!
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:58 am

There's NEmergix's chacter Nicholas, which I have mentioned. He has been absent from this however has not officially exited the RP. For now I'ld say that no one really control him in case NEmergix comes back. A background character like Eden's cannibalistic crew, who are now not as crazy anymore.

Also just remembered today about Kira's friends from the station she was found on, Gonag the slug and King the engi.
King, like Kira used to, had his memory wiped. He has some sort of connection with the Jensen family, having only vague memories, but a lot of details are fuzzy and/or wrong. Also served on a vortex style engi cruiser, recalls no memory of the mission or what the vortex is.
Gonag found Kira and King on the station and tried to help with retrieving their memories. He only found their names, which he was wrong about Kira's name saying it was Ferra. He might be wrong about King's designation too. Is this on purpose? Is Gonag trying to hide something from them? Or did he just make a mistake?
JakeCollins

Postby JakeCollins » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:31 am

Yeah, Let's just let Nicholas sink into the background.

Now, let's briefly discuss plot. Here is a list of all major plot points. Refer back to this list if you need a refresher.

MAIN PLOT WITH FEDERATION MISSION:
-Some teenage cadets stole a ship with no real goal at first. Remember, WE ARE STILL JUST TEENS OUT HERE!
-Anti Black Hole Induction Mission (We are on our way to a rebel fleet/facility in the abandoned sector, to stop the development of further Black Hole Induction)
-Jake's Father (Jake's father is working as an undercover operative in the rebel facility. He's gone dark, possibly dead. We haven't mentioned this in a while.
-The Silence (A demonic force that seethes "underneath" the universe, in "lower dimensional" space. Any conscious entity that looks into the silence directly is driven mad)
-Trenzalourus IV (An alleged planet that they were told to avoid by themselves from the future)

SEDIMENT:
-Ex-Financial Minister of Promethium government (One day he learnt about the government's propagandic regime and attempted to stop this by spreading the word. No one believed him and the government is hunting him down.)
-Bounty (Has a big bounty on his head placed by his government. Preferably dead.)
-Wants to end the rockman's propagandist regime

KIRA:
-Pshycic (By doing the ceremony she can predict the future and can know about a person's past. She can't read minds.)
-Know's everyones secrects, pasts and futures who has served in the Rogue Union (This does not include Xernia. This ranges from the man Eden talked to, whether the Rogue Union will succeed in their mission, Lux's grief and Jake's crush on Sarah. This is why she won't step foot into the Mutare and she is very responsible with this knowledge.)
-Bren's long lost sister (were seperated from slavery)
-Trusted Bren with a letter to give to Jake (will tell Jake about one or more important event/s in the future)

XERNIA:
-Maybe has a past with the Mutare (Future? What's the term for the history of something from the future? And I know that I could just use history, but I've already written this soo...)
-Is immune to Kira's mind reading powers
-Has also seen/heard the Silence (but hasn't gone insane. Hold on... if Xernia is immune to Kira's powers and is 'immune' to the Silence... Coincidence? I don't know, just throwing out some plot ideas)
-Is connected to the unknown engi

UNKNOWN ENGI:
-Has corrupted memory which is slowly restoring
-Also has connection with Mutare
-Has connection with Kira (when she was named Ferra) and Xernia

KYRIE:
-Family is in the rebellian
-Worried what the crew will think of her if she reveals this
-Worried about running into her father in combat

If no one has any questions, we can move towards getting started! (I'll make the first post once we're ready)
Last edited by JakeCollins on Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:26 am

No real questions here. Lux and Eden's backstories and plots are more localised. Lux is worried about her own father but he's on his own mission far away and can't contact her, so no issues of a meetup. There's also the underlying issues of her grandfather's disappearance shortly before the Rebellion started, with only a Mantis-Claw blade and an old blaster pistol from a "friend." Her mother's death is also something she's been pursuing after; she wants to find the bastard(s) who opened fire on a hospital ship.

Eden is looking for ways to replace her crew if things go bad, but someone swapped out the hidden stash of the virus without her knowledge. She's also got a bounty for Dread Pirate Tuco and is training Lux non-Federation combat techniques. She's also not talking about a certain planet in the Quarantine Zone as it's her homeworld.

That's all I can really recall, so I'm ready to go.
4n4rch1st

Postby 4n4rch1st » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:13 am

So am I
Well done war hero and or olympian. We are satisfied by your contribution to The Rebellio- BZZZZT Hey! That's the clone bay, not a bathroom.

Fact: Now with 110% more snarkyness!
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:21 am

I'm fine to go.
Chickengames

Postby Chickengames » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:26 pm

Yeah all my plot points are pretty much covered. I've got some ideas to expand tho. I'm ready when you guys are.