[FTL RP, WE'RE BACK, REBOOTED!] The Rogue Cadets

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
Chickengames

Re: [FTL RP, WE'RE BACK, REBOOTED!] The Rogue Cadets

Postby Chickengames » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:35 pm

whos in control of the aliens?
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:34 pm

Chickengames wrote:whos in control of the aliens?

I’d say all of us, but that’s Jake’s call.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:14 pm

Honestly, at this point I've lost most of my interest in the RP.
I feel like I should just blow up Eden's ship to show off how dangerous these otherworldly invaders are. And I don't mean the guys from the parallel pocket dimension within the singularity.

The idea I was going for with these mysterious blaster-proof slime creatures was that they're psionic projections from a race of otherwordly beings that would be called "Starghosts." (if you played UFO: Aftershock you'd know where this was going because it's pretty much those guys)
They can project themselves from long distances within a system and cause damage to people and ships without harming themselves; the only solution to encountering the Starghosts is to run like hell because unlike holograms, they cannot be harmed. Eventually though, the Slugs would find a solution because psionics are kind of their thing but that's another story.

But yeah, I doubt the RP would go on long enough to have that slowly pieced together but there's my idea
DENVER

Postby DENVER » Sat May 18, 2019 8:15 am

The main sense that really hit him was the smell of smoke, and the inconspicuous sentiment of warmth. All the commotion sounded far off and distorted, similar to somebody was hollering at him submerged. His vision gradually balanced out and he figured out how to sit up, gradually. "Lux... status... report... please..." He moaned.
JakeCollins

Postby JakeCollins » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:33 pm

On Continuing this RP
I have no intention in continuing this RP. I think it's a great story as is, and I don't want to run it into the ground. Sometimes a TV show can start out phenomenal, but as the seasons progress it falls apart, and even sours the original show. I'd hate for this RP to deteriorate, and that's why I think it's best left alone. I encourage those reading this to take the time and read the roleplay if you haven't already. It really is an amazing tale of adventure.

However, I have a new mission. Re-discovering this RP has inspired me to start a new RP project that I would love for each and every one of you to be a part of. Even if this post is really old at the time of your reading, still join my new project! :D

It's a RP Universe, a hub where people of all genres can come together to read and write amazing RP stories. I've just started it, so I encourage you to join if you like roleplaying! (It's a discord server)
https://discord.gg/wA5DhM5

How this RP Ended
Hi everyone, it's me! The owner of this RP.
This RP had a great run, but people started losing interest towards the end. It died a sort of quiet death. I waited for someone to post and continue the story, but when no one did, I didn't go out of my way to reboot it again. After all, if no one was interested in continuing I didn't want to force it. That's not anything bad, people just use interest sometimes. Plus, I had a lot going on at the time.

Our Legacy
I am still so impressed with our success. Post and view count mean nothing to me, it's the amazing world we created and the incredible characters we populated it with. Everyone who participated showed amazing creativity with their characters and stories. This story was a beautiful and harrowing adventure, a journey that continues to impact me as I look back on it. It's certainly not just me that brought the story to life. I may have started and managed the adventure, but it was the players that brought it to life.

On the Subject of... Me
When I first began this roleplay, I was a 14 year old middle schooler. I'm a Junior highschool now, thinking less about FTL and more about college! Just as I couldn't imagine this RP's success when I started it, I also could never imagine my world in real life now. I've changed so much since I last spoke to you all! That's why looking back at this is such a cool experience for me. I'm reading the words of a past self. A self that could never have imagined where I am today.

I think it's time I officially introduce myself. My name is Wesley Sappington, and I'm a Junior in Highschool in New Jersey.

Back in Middle School when I first started writing, I had dreams of starting a company and making some games of my own. My company TECHNICALLY existed back then, but it was just me and a crappy Weebly website, lol. A name and a dream. I made some cringey, awful, poorly made FTL mods and called it content, but those are long gone now. Since then, I've made my dream into a real game-development startup. Our games, after multiple years of development, are approaching release. I'd like to invite you to check out my startup on Instagram and Twitter (@techeyesight) and visit our website. (http://www.eyesighttechnologoes.com) In some ways the games are kinda similar to FTL!

When I first started writing this, I was also writing a novel! I finished the novel, but it was bad, (middle school writing is the worst :lol: ) so I never got it published. However, after seeing this ol' thing resurface, I think I might try for a re-write. I've found inspiration!

Anyways, that's a little about me, in case you were interested. :D

Me: Have you ever wanted to explore the galaxy... in a BANANA?
You: No.
Me: Well now you can! Click the link below for the one-and-only Banana Mod!
http://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32321
Chickengames

Postby Chickengames » Sun May 08, 2022 3:34 am

It’s been a while hasn’t it? By chance I found an old bookmark on my browser that linked to this rp, and it’s like entering a museum of your own past lol. This brings back so many memories…

If anyone of the original players happens to see this, I had a lot of fun rping with y’all and it’s pretty amazing that we kept a story going on so long with as many members as we had. I can’t believe it’s been as long as it has (the nostalgia is hitting me hard tonight haha). Anyway, I just wanted to make a post and say the goodbye I should have when we ended the rp.

Hope everyone’s next five years are better than the last