[FTL RP, WE'RE BACK, REBOOTED!] The Rogue Cadets

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
BrenTenkage

Re: [FTL RP, GAME BEGUN, CHARACTERS WELCOME!] The Rogue Cadets

Postby BrenTenkage » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:28 am

Eyesight Technology wrote:"I promise you Lux. This isn't a huge detour - just like any other sector, we get to the exit and get out. This won't cost anybody anything - except for the Rebel Scouting Network scratching their heads when they can't find where they are. Now everyone, let's jump!"

Jake programmed the next jump sequence. The exit wasn't too far away - and it wouldn't take them too long to get there.

On the next beacon, they encountered a mantis ship, floating adrift over some vacant, dead world. What are the MANTIS doing here? Jake thought.

"That can't be a mantis...how would they have came here, no offense ot the mantis but they aren't the forfront in flight technolongy weapons sure...but how would one get here?" he asked as everyone began to make their way in
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:13 pm

The Pelican moved in to gather what it could from the wreckage of the Mantis ship.
"No doubt they got forced into some dangerous wormhole" Eden remarked rather annoyed to Bren "Maybe the singularities the Rebels are making are also making wormholes."
"Then why are we only seeing single ships and not say, entire fleets?" Lux asked.
"I don't know Luxanna... didn't your TV show have some sort of technobabble for this sort of thing?" Eden replied.
Hmm... there was that episode with the wormhole... something about a quantum fold pocket as to why the Red-Tail survived the transition but the Kazaaak's Vengeance did not, she thought to herself before informing Jake and Bren "Maybe there's a hole in those massive singularities that act like a temporary wormholes and they're spitting out single ships across this sector?"

Not saying black holes are wormholes but maybe the tech involved in the black holes also generate wormholes within and they all seem to point to the Crystal Homeworlds. So after a massive assault, one or two ships might survive. Hell there could be intact Rebel scouts trying to find the exit...
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:32 pm

Bren sighed and opened coms, "Mantis Ship do you read, we come in peace and wish to help you" he said, when he had no answer he sighed and switched the translater and repeated however his words came out in clicks and clacks, he hoped maybe if anyone was alive they would react to their own language
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
NEmergix

Postby NEmergix » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:25 pm

Mantis ? In here ? Odd ... Though it cound be a trap ; i dunno what could happend in this odd universe ... Like a sort of fake hollogram ?
"Hey it could be a trap of some sort , be on you guards ... " shouted Nicholas while entering the command room
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:48 pm

Eden turned to look at the man who just ran onto the Bridge of the Pelican. "Don't worry about us. The Mantis' primary strength is boarding."
Lux and two of the pirates stepped behind Nicholas "So is ours."
One of the pirates drew out a small blade and began picking his teeth with it.
"The crew isn't trained in standard Federation Hand-To-Hand where almost every move is designed to disable and subdue your opponent. They're trained to kill as quickly as possible, just like the Mantis fighting techniques" Eden said "Well except Luxanna but she's picking it up quickly."
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:51 pm

"Hey Eden not getting any response" Bren said, 'You want to investigate?"
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:53 pm

The Pelican was already proceeding on a docking manoeuvre with one of the ship's airlocks. "Way ahead of you Bren" Eden said "It looked dead the moment we came into this area... and I'm not seeing any signs that would indicate that they were torn apart by orbital defences."
NEmergix

Postby NEmergix » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:29 pm

just noticed that i didn't add this to my character :|

He is also a great fighter and likes melee fights , as he alredy was part of a boarding team with rockmens.

They are tring to board a mantis ship ? Then this pirate crew are more either tougher than i thought or are insane ... Or both .
Time for a nice fight ...
JakeCollins

Postby JakeCollins » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:24 am

"I'm not getting any response either," Jake said. "The question is, how did they get out here? Listen guys, when you board try to get their transceiver online and establish a data uplink to the Mature. I'm on open to new data links on port 225 mark 770. That way, I'll be able to upload the ships logs to the Mature, and we might be able to find out what happened."
Me: Have you ever wanted to explore the galaxy... in a BANANA?
You: No.
Me: Well now you can! Click the link below for the one-and-only Banana Mod!
http://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32321
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:59 am

The Pelican docked with the ship's airlock with a resounding CLANG! "Tell Jake that he'll be the last one to look at the logs, if any once they're recovered" Eden said to Lux "Also, tell him that my crew will be taking all the salvage as well and he'll be lucky if I spare him any scraps."
The pirates got to work quickly with their breaching torches, forcibly opening up the airlock doors and sweeping into the corridors with their blades and guns in case of any hostile Mantis suddenly leaping out of an air vent or corner.