[FTL RP, DEAD] FTL: The Shadow Era

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
JakeCollins

Re: [FTL RP, GAME BEGUN!] FTL: The Shadow Era

Postby JakeCollins » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:22 pm

Error was more interested in how the ship had just appeared. The wave it emitted when it popped onto the scanner was very similar to FTL jump residue. It's formed when a small amount of the energy from Hyperspace is pulled through when a ship exits hyperspace. A little hyperspatial energy follows the ship when it returns to normal space. However, this energy wave was of much higher intensity than normal FTL Jump. After all, the energy wave was enough to shake the Rock ship! Also, the energy composition in the wave seemed to be of completely different. Could this be what the Mission Outline talked about? Trans-FTL???

Suddenly, a loud noise came through the comm system. It was some sort of strange screeching and "wubbing" noise. Could these aliens be attempting to communicate?
The audio signal faded, and about one minute later there was a loud crash and a flash of light in the engine room. A wave of heat passed over Error and he was thrown to the wall, and collapsed to the floor.
Me: Have you ever wanted to explore the galaxy... in a BANANA?
You: No.
Me: Well now you can! Click the link below for the one-and-only Banana Mod!
http://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32321
JakeCollins

Postby JakeCollins » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:06 pm

Unidentified Hostiles: The UH's ships shell opens up, and hundreds of tiny creatures pour into open space. They latch to the Steath ship's hull and secrete an acid that begins dissolving the hull
Chickengames

Postby Chickengames » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:32 am

The creatures swarmed the stealth ship like flies, attaching to the hull. Ressa paused for a second on his way to the engine room to take in the sight. I hope they can handle themsselvess, we're not going anywhere. He reached the engine room and could see no breaches or fire. He entered the room and found the engines spouting smoke and sparks. Error was slumped against the wall not moving. Ressa could sense he was injured. He picked Error up and told two crewmen to start work on the engines as they were coming in. Depositing Error in the medbay, Ressa calle Dover the comms for orders from the captain. He received no response, even to more calls.

Ressa went up to the pilot's station and was about to enter when the ship was hit with another blast of the aliens' weapon. The slug stabilized himself and entered the station to find the room littered with crystal shards. There was a pile of shards in the captain's seat. "Ressa to Badgerss and Kadita... Ruwen is dead."
JakeCollins

Postby JakeCollins » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:08 am

The character Ruwen is dead. He is no longer part of the role-play

However, feel free to carry on role-playing everyone! :)

I assume everyone else is still in the role-play. (Kadita? Are you still in?)

I know it took a while, and there were a few problems here and there. But I think everything has been worked out, and the action is just beginning!
JakeCollins

Postby JakeCollins » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:23 pm

I assume this forum has lost interest by now. Sorry, but without SOMEONE posting something this RP obviously cannot continue.
Unless anyone wants to continue, feel free to speak up now - I would be happy to continue if someone wishes to keep the story going.

Otherwise, (if no one replies) I suppose this RP is dead. ;(

Oh well, every once in a while you just get a dud. :lol:

I will be starting a new RP soon, that will hopefully be more successful than this one. Keep an eye out for it! I will post a link to my new FTL RP here, once I make it.
JakeCollins

Re: [FTL RP, DEAD] FTL: The Shadow Era

Postby JakeCollins » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:18 am

My new RP has begun!

Check it out and submit your character!

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=32180&p=111370#p111370

Hopefully it will last longer than this one, I think it's less complicated and will be easier for a large group to follow, so I think it will do much better than this one!