[FTL RP, DEAD] FTL: The Shadow Era

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
User avatar
JakeCollins
Posts: 407
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:26 pm
Contact:

[FTL RP, DEAD] FTL: The Shadow Era

Postby JakeCollins » Wed May 17, 2017 2:58 am

Hello, I am starting an FTL themed Role-Play. Anyone can submit their character, and I will approve their character. When we get a fair amount of characters into the role play, we will begin the story! Once the story has begun, no new characters will be accepted until further notice.

PLOT: (FTL: The Shadow Era)
The Federation and Rebel war ended with both sides in pieces. The Galaxy nearly wiped each other out! This led to a mutual ceasefire, with both sides too weak to continue.

An Engi probe, scanning the edge of the galaxy and into the vast void between galaxies, detected a fleet of MASSIVE ships emerge from Trans-FTL. This alien fleet arrived after thousands of years of traveling across the expanse between galaxies. Even though this species was capable of Trans-FTL (Super fast FTL travel) it still took them thousands of years to get here from their unknown home galaxy.

The alien fleet consists of thousands of well armed carriers, each carrying hundreds of shuttlecraft. They have technology far beyond anything ever seen before, and they are NOT FRIENDLY. They have already destroyed fleets of Engi and Zoltan ships.

We (the players) are in a fleet of ships, with both Rebel and Federation counterparts. Our mission is to learn more about these mysterious aliens, and if necessary, find a way to destroy them. Are YOU up to the challenge?

MY ROLE:
I am going to randomly create any fortunate or unfortunate events. (In essence, I will be "Nature" and "Luck.") I will also control the movements/actions of these mysterious enemy aliens. (I will be anything that is independent of the crew's actions) However, this is pretty loose! You guys can still add in plot twists of your own!


RULES:
Keep it PG!

Please only participate if your character is approved. If it is not approved, you don't need to leave, just create a new character!

You may used content for AE and CE.

Don't kill each other, unless the person you wish to kill gives you permission.

Enjoy! :mrgreen:

The RP is now OPEN for new characters. Feel free to submit one!


CHARACTER SHEET:
Name:
Species:
Occupation:
Faction: (Rebel, Federation, or Drifter)
Weaknesses:
Like/Dislike:
Backstory:
Quirks:
Appearance:
-Wesley
Last edited by JakeCollins on Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:23 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Me: Have you ever wanted to explore the galaxy... in a BANANA?
You: No.
Me: Well now you can! Click the link below for the one-and-only Banana Mod!
http://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32321
User avatar
JakeCollins
Posts: 407
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:26 pm
Contact:

Re: [NEW RP, EVERYONE WELCOME] FTL: The Shadow Era

Postby JakeCollins » Wed May 17, 2017 3:01 am

Oh, and I forgot to mention.
I am always open to suggestions and Ideas! If you have something to suggest/change, feel free to let me know!
Me: Have you ever wanted to explore the galaxy... in a BANANA?
You: No.
Me: Well now you can! Click the link below for the one-and-only Banana Mod!
http://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32321
User avatar
JakeCollins
Posts: 407
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:26 pm
Contact:

Re: [NEW RP, EVERYONE WELCOME] FTL: The Shadow Era

Postby JakeCollins » Wed May 17, 2017 3:31 am

Well, I suppose to kick us off I should create a character of my own. :/

Name: Error

Species: Engi

Occupation: Programmer (Hacking Specialist, and able to correct software malfunctions/glitches)

Faction: Never worked for anyone (Federation OR Rebels) so I guess I'm a drifter

Weaknesses: Afraid of open spaces

Like/Dislike: Likes chocolate cake, but it clogs the Engi Digestive Circuit

Backstory: Originally a peaceful Engi serving on a cargo freighter, I was captured by rebels. The rebels experimented with my software, deleting and re-programming certain parts of my code. When the war ended, I was found by the Federation. Engi working for the federation attempted to restore my program, but I was digitally damaged forever. Our ship was the only one willing to take me.

Quirks: Due to my software being damaged by the Rebels, I now suffer from numerous strange issues. I fear open spaces, and whenever someone asks me my name I just say "Error." Thus, people call me Error! I have trouble speaking and interacting with others, even other Engi. I have been known to crawl around the dark corners and maintenance shafts of the ship and I am incapable of entering sleep mode. Due to some strange quirks of my code, I have slowly begun to develop a very sketchy/basic prophetic ability.

Appearance: Standard Engi, but usually dirty

Yup, that's my character!
Me: Have you ever wanted to explore the galaxy... in a BANANA?
You: No.
Me: Well now you can! Click the link below for the one-and-only Banana Mod!
http://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32321
User avatar
elijahdb
Posts: 302
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:31 pm

Re: [FTL RP, PLAYERS WELCOME] FTL: The Shadow Era

Postby elijahdb » Thu May 18, 2017 12:57 am

Might as well give it a whirl.

Name: bADgArT (Badgers)

Species: Engi/Lanius Hybrid, Trogis

Appearance: Image

Occupation: Computer Administrator

Faction: Drifter

Weaknesses: Lava and anything at that temperature

Like: The smell of pretty much any tasty food

Dislike: Stupid people

Quirks: Can't stand the sounds of styrofoam.

Backstory: Badgers knows where he came from, but all he tells people who inquire is that two young Mantis's created him. No one knows his exact story, but it has been suspected that he used to be a Engi who worked for the Federation during the Federation/Rebel war. He has just recently been signed to a ship, and he hopes the crew will get along with him.
I've created Type C Hulls for the enemy Mantis, Slug, Rock, and Zoltan ships, and anyone can use these for a mod.
Check out the details here.
User avatar
JakeCollins
Posts: 407
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:26 pm
Contact:

Re: [FTL RP, PLAYERS WELCOME] FTL: The Shadow Era

Postby JakeCollins » Thu May 18, 2017 2:01 am

elijahdb wrote:Might as well give it a whirl.

Name: bADgArT (Badgers)

Species: Engi/Lanius Hybrid, Trogis

Appearance: Image

Occupation: Computer Administrator

Faction: Drifter

Weaknesses: Lava and anything at that temperature

Like: The smell of pretty much any tasty food

Dislike: Stupid people

Quirks: Can't stand the sounds of styrofoam.

Backstory: Badgers knows where he came from, but all he tells people who inquire is that two young Mantis's created him. No one knows his exact story, but it has been suspected that he used to be a Engi who worked for the Federation during the Federation/Rebel war. He has just recently been signed to a ship, and he hopes the crew will get along with him.


Accepted!
What an interesting concept! I love the picture, did you create it?

A couple of quick questions:
1. Is "Trogis" the species name for an Engi/Lanius hybrid? What exactly did you mean by that?
2. What did you mean by a "Computer Administrator?" What is the role of a Computer Administrator?

Thanks for joining the crew! Welcome aboard!

The RP is still open for new crew/characters!
Me: Have you ever wanted to explore the galaxy... in a BANANA?
You: No.
Me: Well now you can! Click the link below for the one-and-only Banana Mod!
http://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32321
User avatar
elijahdb
Posts: 302
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:31 pm

Re: [FTL RP, PLAYERS WELCOME] FTL: The Shadow Era

Postby elijahdb » Thu May 18, 2017 2:06 am

Eyesight Technology wrote:What an interesting concept! I love the picture, did you create it?

Indeed I did, I'm actually trying to make sprites for it :D
Eyesight Technology wrote:A couple of quick questions:
1. Is "Trogis" the species name for an Engi/Lanius hybrid? What exactly did you mean by that?
2. What did you mean by a "Computer Administrator?" What is the role of a Computer Administrator?

1- Yes, Trogis is the species name.
2- I should've been specific, wasn't really thinking about the actual job description... What my character would do is transfer the power over the ship to the needed systems and supervise all of the computer activity, and if something needs fixed or a virus needs wiped out, Badgers would be the guy.
I've created Type C Hulls for the enemy Mantis, Slug, Rock, and Zoltan ships, and anyone can use these for a mod.
Check out the details here.
User avatar
JakeCollins
Posts: 407
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:26 pm
Contact:

Re: [FTL RP, PLAYERS WELCOME] FTL: The Shadow Era

Postby JakeCollins » Thu May 18, 2017 2:28 am

elijahdb wrote:
Eyesight Technology wrote:What an interesting concept! I love the picture, did you create it?

Indeed I did, I'm actually trying to make sprites for it :D
Eyesight Technology wrote:A couple of quick questions:
1. Is "Trogis" the species name for an Engi/Lanius hybrid? What exactly did you mean by that?
2. What did you mean by a "Computer Administrator?" What is the role of a Computer Administrator?

1- Yes, Trogis is the species name.
2- I should've been specific, wasn't really thinking about the actual job description... What my character would do is transfer the power over the ship to the needed systems and supervise all of the computer activity, and if something needs fixed or a virus needs wiped out, Badgers would be the guy.

Alright, cool! Now all we need are a few more people to form a full crew! (Target goal is around 5 people. That seems reasonable, right?
Me: Have you ever wanted to explore the galaxy... in a BANANA?
You: No.
Me: Well now you can! Click the link below for the one-and-only Banana Mod!
http://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32321
Chickengames
Posts: 341
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:24 pm

Re: [FTL RP, PLAYERS WELCOME] FTL: The Shadow Era

Postby Chickengames » Thu May 18, 2017 11:52 pm

Well that other rp is basically dead, so why not?

Name: Resssa
Species: Slug
Occupation: Interrogador
Faction: Drifter (slugs were banned from the federation, right?)
Weaknesses: Combat, feats of strength
Like: Trying to read exact thoughts, deception, those human piña colada drinks,
Dislikes: Food of any other species, when people keep things from him
Backstory: Born on a slug colony near where the rebels would form, Resssa began his life working his father's tourist trap, scamming customers. When the rebels moved into slug space, he joined a slug resistance force and discovered his talent at interrogation, specifically placing suggestions into the minds of others to make them do or say things. This explained his success at scamming. Resssa helped the slugs to squeeze information out of even seasoned veterans. His constant use of his skills on his superiors, however, made sure he had no service awards. Resssa was exiled after the war, being no longer any use. That is, until now.
Quirks: Will sometimes claim that he is being watched, or that there is someone else in the room. Also claims to occasionally feel a massive intelligence nearby.
Appearance: Slimey, bright yellow
User avatar
JakeCollins
Posts: 407
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:26 pm
Contact:

Re: [FTL RP, PLAYERS WELCOME] FTL: The Shadow Era

Postby JakeCollins » Fri May 19, 2017 1:47 am

Chickengames wrote:Well that other rp is basically dead, so why not?

Name: Resssa
Species: Slug
Occupation: Interrogador
Faction: Drifter (slugs were banned from the federation, right?)
Weaknesses: Combat, feats of strength
Like: Trying to read exact thoughts, deception, those human piña colada drinks,
Dislikes: Food of any other species, when people keep things from him
Backstory: Born on a slug colony near where the rebels would form, Resssa began his life working his father's tourist trap, scamming customers. When the rebels moved into slug space, he joined a slug resistance force and discovered his talent at interrogation, specifically placing suggestions into the minds of others to make them do or say things. This explained his success at scamming. Resssa helped the slugs to squeeze information out of even seasoned veterans. His constant use of his skills on his superiors, however, made sure he had no service awards. Resssa was exiled after the war, being no longer any use. That is, until now.
Quirks: Will sometimes claim that he is being watched, or that there is someone else in the room. Also claims to occasionally feel a massive intelligence nearby.
Appearance: Slimey, bright yellow


Accepted!
A good idea, everyone loves a decent interrogator!

When we get about three more crew members, we will begin the story! Any new characters are welcome!
For Future Players: We have some Drifters, and some Federation people. Why not add some Rebels into the mix? The war is over!
Me: Have you ever wanted to explore the galaxy... in a BANANA?
You: No.
Me: Well now you can! Click the link below for the one-and-only Banana Mod!
http://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32321
User avatar
mr_easy_money
Posts: 610
Joined: Fri May 29, 2015 9:05 pm
Location: A galaxy far, far away

Re: [FTL RP, PLAYERS WELCOME] FTL: The Shadow Era

Postby mr_easy_money » Fri May 19, 2017 6:48 am

I don't quite know how this works, but I've wanted to be a part of a role play, so here goes.

Eyesight Technology wrote:You may used content for AE and CE.

Name: Cr33-yBo (Creeybo)

Species: AI Hologram

Occupation: Sensors Specialist

Faction: Formerly Federation, now indecisive which faction to side with.

Weaknesses: Fire, or anything else that may interfere with the holographic emitter unit.

Like/Dislike: Likes the color pink, purple, and any similar colors. Also likes backup batteries for whatever reason. Dislikes being referred to as "it" and will not stand for other crew members to be called as such.

Backstory: Served aboard a Federation science vessel until war between Federation and Rebels broke out, and was forced to go into hiding as all ships diverted to war efforts, where a science vessel would have little use. When the war finally ended, Creeybo no longer knew which side to be on. Having previously served with the Federation, Creeybo was able to transfer aboard this ship. With the crew aboard not all from the same faction, Creeybo thought it the right place to "rejoin the ranks", so to speak.

Quirks: Creeybo can directly interface with the sensor array, able to be in touch with the sensors at all times. The source of this affinity is unknown. Able to think about several things at once, like all Holographic AI.

Appearance: Translucent and luminescent, like any other hologram. Long brown hair with lavender and blue highlights.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests