One final chance: An FTL-RP

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
dyno101

Re: One final chance: An FTL-RP

Postby dyno101 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:47 pm

Quintet opened a private communication channel with Kr.

"Act normal. I, uh, did sort of kidnap her. She was supposed to be on a different ship, but instead we came pretending to be that ship. We needed more crew."
"There isn't good or bad. There's just insane."
"Blamsauce!"
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:39 am

"When I was being transferred to a ship, I didn't read the fine print on which one I'd be transferred to" Tabitha said to Whyte "They just said that they needed a pilot for a special mission and all of the aces were already assigned. Out of the cadets, I was above average on the simulator so I got transferred here to fly a ship that flies itself."
She guided Whyte towards Kr's area "I don't know what you were expecting, but it seems our AI Captain has decided your skills are better suited with us than on the Wrath of Ares."

With a chuckle, the chef said "So I guess you have been kidnapped sir. Welcome aboard. I'll go make something in the mess hall to make you feel better."
Frosty

Postby Frosty » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:01 pm

Whyte paced back and forth in front of a window. She looked outside, looking for a way out. Something. Anything.
The stars glittered quietly, providing no answers.
She bit her lip anxiously until she was met with the taste of blood. Whyte didn't see a way out of this.

A Mantis entered the room and Whyte's translator went to work turning its guttural language of clicks and growls into something she could understand. She turned to the newcomer, standing tall but with a frown. He was dark green, but hadn't provided her with a name.
Kidnapped... that isn't funny.
"Captain Whyte Oakhart," she said stiffly. She didn't want to be impolite, but it was becoming impossible to suppress her worry and negative thoughts.

She turned to Tabitha. "We do everything very thoroughly at my academy. A mistake like this is very rare, so I must have boarded the wrong ship."
Wait.
Kidnapped.
Kidnapped?

"Ensign Mia, there will be no need for that. I will sort this out with Quintet and the pilot. I am not to be a prisoner," Whyte stated with false conviction. She hoped the shaking in her voice wasn't overly evident. The thought of eating right now made her stomach turn.
Though their supposed mission is an honorable one, this isn't where I am supposed to be. They haven't killed me yet, though, so they probably aren't going to. Maybe they'll let me go after all.

Then Whyte frowned to herself.
Smug artifical bastards. I've seen their kind. Think they know it all, she griped to herself.

edit: Kr is green, not blue. my apologies.
Last edited by Frosty on Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
"don't destroy this station? did you just assume that the Pimpwagon cares about what you want??"
Chickengames

Postby Chickengames » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:22 pm

I think you're getting my character confused with another. There was another guy who had a blue mantis who's recently left. Just so there's no confusion.

Reviving Quintet's message, Kr's smile faltered for a second. He was almost sure humans couldn't read mantis facial expressions, but he wasn't taking any chances.

The newcomer introduced herself as Captain Whyte Oakhart. Captain? That might be a problem. She went on, saying that she wasn't to be a prisoner, and that she probably boarded the wrong ship. Kr let out the mantis equivalent of a cough, but tried to act normal as Quintet had asked. Unfortunately that was not an option anymore since Tabitha apparently hadn't received the same message. "Well I don't know if the pilot will have any opinion on wether you stay or leave, and the captain seems to have already.... made his decision. We can show you around if you want."
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:53 pm

"Sir, it's better if you eat; I could brew up alcohol or something appropriate for the situation but I do not recommend drinking on duty" Tabitha said to Whyte "The Emergency Detox Kit is a lot worse than any hangover."
She decided to leave Whyte and Kr to talk while she headed back for the Shield Room to continue figuring out the systems; while she would have preferred to get started on her cooking, it wouldn't hurt too much to try and learn as much as possible about the shielding considering her combat record.
Of course chances are by the time I've learned something, they'll have me replaced, she thought to herself with a dismissive shrug.
Frosty

Postby Frosty » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:55 pm

Though put off by the indifference of the ship's captain, Whyte decided to try and make the best of her stay aboard the... ship.
Is this thing even registered? It must be. It was able to dock with the base back there.

Whyte was shaken by the thought of being kidnapped, but the reception had been kind at least. She nodded to Ensign Mia as she left. Doors swished open and clicked shut in the distance.

Whyte put on a polite smile for Kr. "While I am here, a tour would be nice. Thank you for your generosity," she said.
Kr. Nice and short. I like it. There are definitely harder Mantis names to pronounce out there, she thought with a note of humor.
She folded her hands neatly behind her back, standing up straight. She figured she might as well present herself proudly. Whyte was, after all, a representation of her academy and what it stood for. And she quite liked her dress blues. She felt important in them.

Whyte's eyes wandered around the room aimlessly, taking in the surroundings. The room she was in wasn't particularly striking. Sterile white and shades of gray.
At least they take good care of their ship.
There were patches and repairs that seemed too neat to have been done by human or Mantis hands. Claws?
Anyway, Whyte figured that the ship employed the use of drones, and she felt a bit safer.
"don't destroy this station? did you just assume that the Pimpwagon cares about what you want??"
dyno101

Postby dyno101 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:45 pm

"Now, to console you, you're not going to die unless you kill yourself like two people.. two? one? three? Arbitrary. Anyways, you die if you kill yourself or we all die. I won't be imprisoning you. You're far too low on the ranking to have information I might need. Instead, you're a new crew-member. We're here to take down the rebels in a top-secret federation mission, but I have plans for a whole lot more.. Once we reach the rebel base, our only option is to find the nearby super-weapon development facility inside. With the materials, I can build an insane bomb built and banned by humans before they even permanently left earth and evaporate their base in an instant. We'll be heroes and, more importantly, obscenely rich through the fed's bribing tactics. Brutal as I may be, I've got a plan that'll get us all living the high life. Trust me."

Quintet then though about the request for a tour.

"A drone will give you the works and practices of the ship. It's a mini-cruiser built specifically for this mission."

The drone arrived at the first room and began the tour.

"Oh, and don't ask me about the bomb. All I know is that is has the power to kill everyone on that base and the data says something about.. Tsar Bomba? I'll go do some research."
"Blamsauce!"
I_am_person

Postby I_am_person » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:44 am

Nazia was simply sitting in her quarters, which were silent except for the low hum of her thinking process. She wasn't sure what to do, really. She felt... as far as she could feel, some sort of need to... to do something. Talk to her, give some advice. Or at least something. But she couldn't sympathize, it simply wasn't in her to do it. After being frustrated for a while, she just enough up and walked through the corridors to say something that she would think up.

Encouragement seems appropriate. But of what type, though. Something about how, until now, every captain I served under had either been asphyxiated, sliced, or blown up? And that she was better off here? No. Useless. Ineffective. Most likely counterintuitive. Well then, what else? She's a federation soldier with a code of conduct, although most times it is pushed down for efficiency. Morals might do it. Yet, what about this mission is noble? Or even useful to any party or object that she has affinity for? Quintet deletes almost anything that stands in his way, and what he doesn't delete he leeches for benefit. There doesn't seem to be anything, really. Unless... Oh, I've already passed her.

Whyte barely noticed the meek, monotone, yet somehow convincing "Hello" that Nazia subconsciously droned out as they crossed paths.
Injustice Rains From Above!
Chickengames

Postby Chickengames » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:22 am

Seeing as the drone would give the basic rundown of the ship, Kr bid the newcomer goodbye and passed Nadia on his way out. She had the same blank and unreadable face as always.

Quintet's research might take a while, so Kr got back to studying the engine controls and the meaningless symbols. While doing so, he noticed a panel on the underside of the terminal that came off without any type of screws. He popped off the cover and looked inside. Among the various wires and electronics there was a small box that didn't appear to be connected to anything. Kr took out the box and examined it, revealing a few mechanical buttons and a lid. One of the buttons opened the lid and inside there was a smaller box which appeared to have some sort of tape inside. It did nothing on its own, so he put it back in the larger box and closed the lid. Kr tried some of the other buttons, and it started to make noise. It sounded like music, but nothing he had ever heard. This must be an old human music player. It must have been replicated, I've never seen one like this before. The music was loud enough to be annoying, but Kr was still trying to understand the words. They were in some language he'd never heard. It wasn't galactic, or any type of mantis, and the translator wasn't much help either as it was still trying to identify the language.

The song was good, though, even if the words meant nothing. The translator suddenly spit out "ABC, 123," then went back to jiberish. Kr decided to deal with it later and went back to work with the music playing.
dyno101

Postby dyno101 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:45 am

"No. No, no, no, please, no."

Quinted stared down the blueprints for his most despised weapon.

"This can't be. They couldn't have."

It was scattered and encrypted, but there it was.

"It's.. no, no, this isn't right. This isn't okay."

It was the anti-beam, a complicated mess of parts and paradoxes code-named 'God's Beam'.

He downloaded the file and moved on to finding Tsar Bomba. The research was long and inconclusive, packed with dead ends and failures.
After a few hours, he found what he needed to study, but one thing was wrong. It was missing the method of ignition. Perhaps this was purposeful, but he needed to figure it out.

Clearly, he thought, It's not a normal ignition. This is a nuclear bomb. It's built off a chain reaction, but-

Suddenly, a transmission came in. It was simple and unencrypted, but contained a dangerous file.

It was the other four parts of the God's Beam blueprints. The blueprints were originally split into five pieces entrusted in five different people: Quintet, the head of the federation, the head of the Empire, a mantis colony leader, and Quintet's only ally, an A.I. called Avarex-1. The message was from Avarex, with three words:

"Do it now."

Quintet saved one copy of each file onto physical hard drives and deleted the other copies. Quinted swiftly replied.

"Soon."
"Blamsauce!"