One final chance: An FTL-RP

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
dyno101

Re: One final chance: An FTL-RP

Postby dyno101 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:30 pm

I_am_person wrote:
dyno101 wrote:
"Targon is dead. My best guess is that she was killed by an explosion planted by a rebel from our fights a while ago. It raises a lot of questions, but we have to keep moving. I'm stirring up the jump drive."

A reverse trap? That's a pretty interesting secret you had there elijah.

Sorry. Post edited.
"There isn't good or bad. There's just insane."
"Blamsauce!"
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:13 pm

"The Rebellion will pay" Tabitha said, heading back to the shield room. She was going to find a way to fix the crap out of those shields and then figure out how to science them further, even if she didn't have the faintest clue how to do the latter and the best she knew of the former was replacing power coils.
Nomiddlename

Postby Nomiddlename » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:12 pm

Some of Arkangel's plot arc revealed!

Arkangel was deeply troubled by this sudden change of events. Hastily making his way to the hidden room with the connecticut, he extended both arms into the golden energy and spoke, unaware that his commlink was broadcasting ship-wide. He ignored this, a slight tint of anger surging through his body.
"Dissolvitis pactum Rebelles. Targon mortuus est".
"Quid !? perfidus canes!"
"Qui ordo iratos. Incipe ritualia."
"Ut vis. Ipsi vero rogabunt pro eo."

With that, Arkangel began making several incisions in the ground.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"The rebels broke the pact."
Covenant spun around in his ornate chair. "What?"
"Indeed. They shall pay for this."
He reached out of his pocket and held out a needle, then took a slab of clay from his desk and began making small incisions.
"Start work on the Grand circle." The hooded man behind Covenant bowed. He then spoke through a commlink.
"Pinpoint the rebel base. Send out the ritual ships when you find it."
dyno101

Postby dyno101 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:14 am

Quintet was busy fixing the communications from its injury when a message, which was immediately translated, came through the speakers.
"It.. start work on.. so.. not.. try.. they will pay.." The translator sputtered, attempting to translate the words. Quintet said nothing and immediately looked into it.

He found nothing.

Apart from researching his partner for the turnover, this was the only time the database had literally no information. There was nothing to be found.

The communications came back up. His message was sent with an immediate reply.

"Caller 42 inbound. Null him at once and we can continue."

He scanned around, finding a ship which contacted him as soon as it was found. It hailed and then shut off its communications.

"Terminate the turnover or face the consequences. This hooligan ends now, Quintet. Your punishments are inbound."

Quintet knew that the Empire could do and sent out the message which would start a strange, wondrous, and uncontrollable chain of events which would never involve Quintet and his crew again.

"Begin the turnover. May OMEGA lie victorious."

After this, he turned to his crew.

"Let's spin up the drive. Something about this upcoming ship spooks me and I don't think handling it will be worth our time."
"Blamsauce!"
I_am_person

Postby I_am_person » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:52 pm

Nazia went back to the ship, searching for the medbay. When she got there and opened the door, Arkangel was nowhere to be found, even though he had suffered more injuries than her. She must've taken quite a while to find the thing.

What was there, though, was a battered rebel, tied up to a chair and manacled to some assets on the wall he was next to. Walking in was uncomfortable, both of them chancing glances at each other, one with wary and confused eyes and one with tired and glaring eyes. By the time she had sat down to bruises on her back, they hadn't said a word. She supposed it was going to stay that way.
——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

"Let's spin up the drive. Something about this upcoming ship spooks me and I don't think handling it will be worth our time."

With an, "okay" he pulled up the jump map. There was only one option, so he took it. With a bright flash, the ship jumped. Soon after, many blips appeared on the map, too many to comprehend. Most of them were obviously false. What was obvious, though, was the rebel outpost that could be seen from right outside the reinforced glass pane. It was a grey sphere, with some remnants of construction evident on the sides. It looked quite formidable, but Cathos couldn't stick his finger on the reason. The small amount of AI scout ships and one or two manned ones weren't it, he could count them on his fingers. The size wasn't that big, only the size of a small flagship. No, it was something else, some other unimaginable power to it. He didn't have too much time to dwell on it, though, as he immediately received a hail, which he accepted, as there was no reason not to.

"State your buisness, this isn't a- hey! You're that ship! Prepare to die!"
Injustice Rains From Above!
dyno101

Postby dyno101 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:03 pm

"Ohhh shit."

Quintet responded to the hail. He knew that if he made one wrong move, his entire existence would evaporate in a second. Every word was a risk in the making. This was his last part in the overturning.

"Quintet, you've made a mistake. Nothing can harm the empire anymore, and we plan to use this power soon. You know what happens when you get in our way. That's what ended the United Galactical Empire and the Multi-Racial Federation."

"I'm tired of this. You've suppressed everyone since the dawn of your existence and the moment you're discovered, you start evaporating people. It's time to let anarchy rule where it once succeeded."

"We're so close to completing our modifications on the war-"

"This is where you're mistaken. This is different. The rebels already know you're here, and the feds are catching on. This whole war was against you, not the feds. You think I stayed with the feds for fun? Hell no. I was helping the rebels give the feds the news when no-one else could."

"Wh.. what? You're lying."

"Why would I lie?"

"To trick us."

"Why would I trick you?"

"So you can take our power."

"Why would I want your power?"

"Greed."

"Why would I have greed?"

"Because-"

"I don't have emotion."

"You're l-"

Quintet shut off the communications.
Not a single shot was fired. He knew he had lied, but couldn't care.
"Blamsauce!"
TheDreadedPirateTuco

Postby TheDreadedPirateTuco » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:55 pm

I dunno.

Name: Zane (Its an alias)
Race: Spam (Salty Meatbag)
Skills: Drones and fire beams. "Look guys! I got the fire beam to pierce a shield level!"
Weak points: Impatient as all heck, is crap at fighting. (Boarders please)
Enjoys: Fire Beam Drones, Vulcans, Glaive, The FLAKship
Dislikes: [Enemy] Boarding Drones
Secrets (Optional): He [censored] once.
Appearance: Bedhead is constant, has a T-Shirt that says "I'm not a morning person.", sports long pants, has cheap sneakers (repairman doesn't pay well.)
Rank: Someone decided they didn't like him and assigned him to common repairman, even though they'd be much better torching the hell out of the Flagship.
Last edited by TheDreadedPirateTuco on Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:33 pm

Tabitha was still studying up on the shield room specs when word came down of another potentially hostile encounter.
"Here we go again" she groaned, accessing the console and preparing to focus the bubble where it may be needed the most.

That's when she saw it on the screen as to what their target was. Throwing her hands up into the air, the chef asked "We're going to get out of here are we not? I don't think we can take on that many ships and a space station at once! Even if we had a Glaive Beam and a Zoltan Supershield"

Yes this RP is active. No, most of us have little idea what's happening on a page-to-page basis and thirdly... why the rush to create a character? You have... all the time ever to create one and you quickly rush something out with things like "He's ummm 15 and impatient!" without even a description of what they look like. Even a Mary-Sue has more details than that.
dyno101

Postby dyno101 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:10 am

"I'll explain it.. one day. We're safe. I planned this and tested it a thousand times. If you're too scared to continue, just spin up the drive. If you trust me enough to trust that we're not about to die, then you can explore. It's up to you guys.

(Sure! Accepted. Use this discord for OOC chat: https://discord.gg/MFeAf
And might want to listen to stylesrj.)
"Blamsauce!"
TheDreadedPirateTuco

Postby TheDreadedPirateTuco » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:40 am

(never ask me to do appearance because my brain will never ever think of one)
(you can make one up for him if you want to)
I CLICKED THE INVITE 1 SECOND AFTER IT EXPIRED FRICK)