One final chance: An FTL-RP

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
kestrelfan

Re: One final chance: An FTL-RP

Postby kestrelfan » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:08 am

[quote="dyno101"]Quintet grabbed a plasma welder out of the drone's repair toolbox and used it on an incoming mantis, sending it reeling backwards screaming.
"Hey! I should use this for torture sometime. Probably capture a rebel agent and get their fleet's movement plans. In fact, I'll do that once we clear this horde and everyone's off the ship. Maybe. Who knows!"
Quintet put up the welder and shot directly into the horde before announcing over the communication headsets, not the speakers.
"We could sit here shooting for an hour or so and just might clear these guys. I've got a better idea. Everyone, clear to the back of the ship. I think I can vent out a good portion of these maniacs. If not, I'll use a skill I haven't used in a while!"
Quintet replied to Gat.
"Well, I don't think I've payed my original crew a scrap of a scrap yet. They were sent here by the feds."

(Is this not counting as two major plot points? I don't want to spin off again, so be honest. We can fix it now, but probably not much later.)[/derk wasn't... but i dont need no wage
Dont Call it a comeback, I've been here for years

I just surf the forums for new mods and nostalgia at this point, that's about it
elijahdb

Postby elijahdb » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:13 am

"On my way, Quinny." Targon limped past the Engi and gave her a word of advice on his way to the medbay. "You're on crack, you idiot. Get in the medbay before you start to have a headache." He collapsed on the metal floor, sighing with relief as the nanobots repaired his leg. "Ahhhhh. What a relief."
He laid down on his back and closed his one eye. "Tell me when it's time to get up," He said dreamily, and then he fell asleep, curled up like a baby.
I've created Type C Hulls for the enemy Mantis, Slug, Rock, and Zoltan ships, and anyone can use these for a mod.
Check out the details here.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:41 am

"I won't tell you when it's time to get up but maybe later on you can help clean out the new medical isolation pod I bought for the medbay... I think the former owners were trying to create a slushie considering how much crystal is in there" Tabitha informed Targon "Can you believe those merchants, trying to sell that thing for a hundred scrap?"
She could see that Targon was fast asleep and probably didn't catch any of that. But the chef felt it was important to point out constantly about how she acquired the pod. "Maybe Quintet can take those fragments and pawn them off to a Rock or something as "Januine Crystal Dust" or something" she laughed "I think the Rockmen go crazy for that substance."
kestrelfan

Postby kestrelfan » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:16 am

derk walks into the staging area, since we have time could someone tell me whats been going on for the last 4 hours, and who this engi is?

I just surf the forums for new mods and nostalgia at this point, that's about it
kestrelfan

Postby kestrelfan » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:57 am

im going to bed, later

elijahdb

Postby elijahdb » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:59 am

Targon barely heard Tabitha telling him to check out the new pod in the storage bay; he was partly zonked. "So.. sleepy.." He murmured, sluggishly getting up and walking to his bed, tripping on the side of the wall in his tiredness. "If snanyone needs me, I'll be sneeping," He snorted, then rolled over and fell into a deep slumber, but not before moaning pitifully.
"Stupid bar drink.. Don't dink kerosene, future note."
I've created Type C Hulls for the enemy Mantis, Slug, Rock, and Zoltan ships, and anyone can use these for a mod.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:12 am

Tabitha didn't sleep. Not because she was a machine and thus did not require the Human need of sleep but mostly because in her previous line of work she did all-nighters as well and she just didn't seem to feel tired.
Omega King

Postby Omega King » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:51 am

Gat's servo's whirred with pleasure as the AI confirmed her position. Sure, she might not be getting paid, but she had room and board. That was good enough for now. Besides, she'd probably get paid eventually. If not, she might just delete him from the ship's drive. Wouldn't be too hard.

She made a rude gesture at the Mantis – Targon? – as he walked past, making sure to blow a stream of smoke straight into his face. "Shut up, kid. They let you smoke in prison, I might as well smoke here." She took a deep inhale, savoring the taste of quartz compounds as they passed the still-living cells of her throat.

Other crew moved past, but Gat failed to acknowledge them. She sprinted to the back of the ship, letting the psycho AI drain the ship of oxygen. Eh, it would probably all work out. Psychos were alright, as long as they didn't end up killing her.

Bored of the rest, Gat put herself in the corner and powered down. Maybe things would be less ridiculous if she woke up.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:10 am

As the ship jumped to the next beacon, they were immediately hailed by a ship registering as a Federation Bomber on the display.
The ship transmitted "Give us all yer yarbles! You gotta have yarbles! No? Then raise yer rollin' hammers!"
The sound of a teleporter activated nearby and two Rockmen, a Human and a Zoltan beamed into the Weapons Room. However sensors would indicate that the hostile ship did not have a teleporter room; only a slow cargo teleporter (How else do those ship encounters do it, eh?)

"Battle stations everyone! We've got boarders going for our guns!" Tabitha shouted over the comms, hopefully waking up everyone.
elijahdb

Postby elijahdb » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:51 pm

"Whathe-" Targon awoke to the sound of Tabitha yelling about intruders. Alarms were blaring around the entire ship. "Whatever," he mumbled, and was about to curl back up when he heard that they were in the weapons room. He awoke instantly.

"Duh-huh, dey got good system," The sandy Rockman grunted, staring at the unknown coding.
"Mebbe we shud leave it.. 'lone.." Said the other one, just a little shorter and darker.
"Are you idiots!?" The Zoltan was sucking out the power in the weapons grid and transferring it to the battery case around his belt. "Oh, wait. That was sarcastic, because you ARE idiots!" He grinned and high-fived the scruffy human, sending a spark of static on Targon's newly healed leg.
"Hello, friends," He said cheerfully. "Before you try to knock out this system, perhaps you would like to compensate. Maybe we could-" The human took out a gun and fired at the monitor, making it fizz.
"Right then." Targon flipped his arm in two and charged at the Zoltan first, knowing their capabilities. It responded by pressing a hand against the belt and shocking Targon in the chest, sending him across the room and slamming him into the wall. He quickly scrambled up, did a quick side-flip to avoid the short Rockman's fist and kicked the Human in the gut, making him retch and gag.
"How about THIS?!" Targon quickly picked up the Human and used him as a shield against the next electric attack from the Zoltan, then threw the body at the other Rockman, startling him and making him trip on his comrade's foot. As they crumpled in a cry of shock, for they had been hit a little, Targon jumped to the side, ricocheted off a wall and leaped straight out of the room, barely avoiding a blast of blue ion light.
"Hah, I have the upsi-WHAT!?" Targon gasped as the Zoltan lit up and dived right into the crackling monitor. "Uhh, Quintet, we have an intruder in the-" He ducked as a chunk of reddish rock slammed into the wall next to him, "computer system. Have fun." He suddenly groaned as a spasm shook his whole body. Mental note: After effects of a shock hurt.