One final chance: An FTL-RP

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
dyno101

One final chance: An FTL-RP

Postby dyno101 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:58 pm

WELCOME TO ONE FINAL CHANCE
I haven't done an FTL-RP for a long time, so who knows where this'll go!
STORY:

The bulk of the war has passed. After a brutal fight, the rebel flagship has been destroyed, and the power of the rebel fleet quickly diminished. However, a small group of cruisers in the back managed to maintain order and continue to advance for a final attack. The federation fleet, however, suffered heavy losses as the rebel fleet advanced onto their bases in the major part of the war, and has a small group of cruisers remaining that plot to hold their land and attempt one final attack called Mission Finale. A single cruiser, manned by you, the players, is sent through the thick and thin of 10 grueling sectors full of people and places depressingly ravished by war to penetrate the final rebel lines and destroy their base. If you succeed, the rebel fleet has no orders to take and will surrender or be destroyed. If you fail, the federation will fall.

CHARACTER SHEET:

Name:
Race:
Occupation (Federation Pilot, Rebel engines operator, Etc. Basically your job and your side. Civilian counts gut likelihood is you'll only be encountered once.):
Skills:
Weak points:
Enjoys:
Dislikes:
Secrets (Optional):
Appearance:
Rank (Lieutenant, Captain, Etc.):
I will be the ship's hacking and drone control A.I. (I am the drones!)
"There isn't good or bad. There's just insane."
"Blamsauce!"
dyno101

Re: One final chance: An FTL-RP

Postby dyno101 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:27 pm

RULES:

1. Keep it PG. Nothing more suggestive than the game itself.
2. Keep to your character.
3. No violent language.
4. NO DYING unless you have to quit the RP, in which case, die at your leisure.

Also, if you would like, you can add some backstory to your character sheet - what I had shown was the minimum.
"Blamsauce!"
dyno101

Postby dyno101 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:41 pm

To get us started, my character sheet:

Name: Quintet
Race: A.I.
Skills: Working with computer coding and creating viruses for a hacking device, optimizing computer speed.
Weak points: Doesn't know how to use weapons, can't repair things or fight fire without the body of a drone.
Enjoys: Not being alive, hacking enemies, being multiple things at once.
Dislikes: People against A.I.'s, Pirates
Secrets (Optional): Wants to destroy the entire mantis race.
Appearance: When needing a physical form, resorts to a repair drone to communicate in person.
Rank (Lieutenant, Captain, Etc.): Assistant.

A slight backstory:

Created before the Rebel - Federation war in an experiment, many Federation officers agreed that Quintet would be a useful assistant to have onboard their cruisers and ships - and so Quintet's programming was copied onto every cruiser that could support it. After a while, however, Quintet started acting carelessly towards some of the ships he was outfitted on because of his constant duplication, and so he was removed and put into captivity while other A.I.'s took his place. Now, when the federation needs one ship the most, they begin to hear rumors of an old A.I. locked away long ago...
"Blamsauce!"
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:44 pm

Why not?

Name: Tabitha Mia
Race: Human
Skills: Sniping, Cooking, Flying ships
Weak points: Close Quarters
Enjoys: Food, Hunting
Dislikes: Rebels
Secrets (Optional): Might not actually be Human
Appearance: Blue skin, green and red hair. Has a long scar over her right eye and a green tattoo under her left. Wears standard Federation Blue uniform.

Tabitha used to work as a chef (and local wildlife hunter) on a nice backwater planet with her own personal delivery shuttle for supply runs until the Rebellion visited her planet and shook things up. Not wanting to be serving meals to ungrateful Rebel soldiers, she took her shuttle to a Rebel fighter and killed the crew before heading to what was left of Federation-controlled territory. She hasn't had much time to get promoted through the ranks as she joined a day before the Flagship's destruction but she's hoping to get the war over so she can get back to what she truly enjoys and so the Federation assigned her as the pilot of a certain ship to get the job done.

(The pilot doesn't always have to be the Captain, right?)

On the ship, Tabitha is proud of her cooking and if anyone says otherwise, let's just that Gordon Ramsey would feel uncomfortable hearing it.
Last edited by stylesrj on Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elijahdb

Postby elijahdb » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:10 pm

I've always wanted to do an RP.

Name: Targon
Race: Mantis
Occupation: Federation Weapons Operator (was in training, but got halted due to the final attack)
Personality: Kind but not patient
Skills: Graphic Design and a keen knowledge of weapons.
Weak Points: Vegetables and Horoscopes
Dislikes: Zoltans and everything about them
Enjoys: Tweaking weapons and watching Zoltans blow up over and over
Secrets: He actually likes the Type C Stealth Cruiser...
Appearance: A dark blue shell, extremely large and flexible claw hands and only one pure black eye in the middle of his forehead. Otherwise looks like the average Mantis.

Targon was a misunderstood Mantis, made fun for his cyclops looks which were considered hideous by the Mantis culture, so he pretty much ignored civilization while he taught himself everything about weapons. He has a grudge on the Rebel Fleet for killing his family, inspiring him to sign up for the Federation. Passing the tests at only 9 years old, Targon is one of the most intelligent Mantis on the fleet.
I've created Type C Hulls for the enemy Mantis, Slug, Rock, and Zoltan ships, and anyone can use these for a mod.
Check out the details here.
elijahdb

Postby elijahdb » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:48 am

Oh, and a few questions. What does our ship's hull and layout look like, and what are its weapons, systems, etc? If you need me to I can whip something up.

And also, what universe are we in? Something made up as we go, CE, or just plain vanilla AE?
I've created Type C Hulls for the enemy Mantis, Slug, Rock, and Zoltan ships, and anyone can use these for a mod.
Check out the details here.
dyno101

Postby dyno101 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:35 am

stylesrj wrote:Why not?

Name: Tabitha Mia
Race: Human
Skills: Sniping, Cooking, Flying ships
Weak points: Close Quarters
Enjoys: Food, Hunting
Dislikes: Rebels
Secrets (Optional): Might not actually be Human
Appearance: Blue skin, green and red hair. Has a long scar over her right eye and a green tattoo under her left. Wears standard Federation Blue uniform.

Tabitha used to work as a chef (and local wildlife hunter) on a nice backwater planet with her own personal delivery shuttle for supply runs until the Rebellion visited her planet and shook things up. Not wanting to be serving meals to ungrateful Rebel soldiers, she took her shuttle to a Rebel fighter and killed the crew before heading to what was left of Federation-controlled territory. She hasn't had much time to get promoted through the ranks as she joined a day before the Flagship's destruction but she's hoping to get the war over so she can get back to what she truly enjoys and so the Federation assigned her as the pilot of a certain ship to get the job done.

(The pilot doesn't always have to be the Captain, right?)

On the ship, Tabitha is proud of her cooking and if anyone says otherwise, let's just that Gordon Ramsey would feel uncomfortable hearing it.

Accepted! Also, good character. Chef mutiny! Delectable doom.
And yes, the pilot is not necessarily the captain (Although we will need one...).
"Blamsauce!"
dyno101

Postby dyno101 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:38 am

elijahdb wrote:I've always wanted to do an RP.

Name: Targon
Race: Mantis
Occupation: Federation Weapons Operator (was in training, but got halted due to the final attack)
Personality: Kind but not patient
Skills: Graphic Design and a keen knowledge of weapons.
Weak Points: Vegetables and Horoscopes
Dislikes: Zoltans and everything about them
Enjoys: Tweaking weapons and watching Zoltans blow up over and over
Secrets: He actually likes the Type C Stealth Cruiser...
Appearance: A dark blue shell, extremely large and flexible claw hands and only one pure black eye in the middle of his forehead. Otherwise looks like the average Mantis.

Targon was a misunderstood Mantis, made fun for his cyclops looks which were considered hideous by the Mantis culture, so he pretty much ignored civilization while he taught himself everything about weapons. He has a grudge on the Rebel Fleet for killing his family, inspiring him to sign up for the Federation. Passing the tests at only 9 years old, Targon is one of the most intelligent Mantis on the fleet.

"GOD NO! Not the...
HOROSCOPE!"
Accepted! And what a secret. I see why you also like seeing things blow up- the Stealth C sure is good at doing that!
Also, Zoltan Wrap! (Reddit Reference)
"Blamsauce!"
dyno101

Postby dyno101 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:40 am

elijahdb wrote:Oh, and a few questions. What does our ship's hull and layout look like, and what are its weapons, systems, etc? If you need me to I can whip something up.

And also, what universe are we in? Something made up as we go, CE, or just plain vanilla AE?

Something that's generated as we go. The story is set in a time after the war played in-game, so AE nor CE would make the story we need.
As for features? All the features of AE. We could do a bit of CE stuff, but I don't have CE so it would be a bit harder for me.
"Blamsauce!"
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:34 am

Accepted! Also, good character. Chef mutiny! Delectable doom.

No one insult the chef's cooking or else she'll turn that ship right around! So help her Meyneth she will do it!