One final chance: An FTL-RP

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
kestrelfan

Re: One final chance: An FTL-RP

Postby kestrelfan » Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:12 am

hey.. is that a mantis charlies bar and grille? derk says as he look out the veiwport at a desolate moon with what looks like a resturant
Last edited by kestrelfan on Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dont Call it a comeback, I've been here for years

I just surf the forums for new mods and nostalgia at this point, that's about it
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:14 am

"Doubt he said I was pretty, unless he meant to say "Pretty badass" or something" Tabitha said "He only tolerates me for the food, just like the rest of my ungrateful customers. Seriously... he poured all that corn syrup..."
She started cleaning up the trays and utensils before resuming her station at the pilot's seat in case the ship needed to move after that Engi ship and match velocities or something.
Although if they require us to flood their ship with oxygen, watch for boarders... she thought to herself.
It was another story she overheard back home. Ship Captain went to help out a damaged ship but they didn't have a robust O2 system... the stranded ship decided to take their ship instead.
Or it could be full of Mantis ready to shout "Foolish Meatsacks!" at us.
SciGuy303

Postby SciGuy303 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:16 am

"Why?"
"Everything is gone. Destroyed. Stolen. It's the only way."
"But there's got to be another way...
"There isn't. Everything's gone. We have to start anew."
"I'm... I'm not ready to leave."
"Sorry. I've been there before, and I understand. We have to."
"..."
"Should we go?"
"...sure."
"OK. Get on board."
"Are you sure about this?"
"Listen. You have to leave your scars behind. Let's go."
I do random stuff and surf on the fourms. That's about it.
dyno101

Postby dyno101 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:58 am

(Well, you just broke every 4th wall there ever was. Watch out for flying towels and Parkers.)

"Dread Pirate Tuco. Ah, I met the crazy bastard. He isn't crazy or a bastard. In fact, that's just his guise for a major con plot that he's been running. Double-black shell upside-down pyramid 3-4-5 variant. Pretty nice, but my signature "Black Shell 1" dominates. Also, that is not a good-looking ship. Arm weapons, but don't charge them. I'll contact the ship."
Quintet hailed the ship and got no response.
"It's completely empt-"
He got a response even though the ship never received the hail.
"Black Shell 1."
Quintet contacted the ship again. No line was connected. Another response came through.
"Back off. We know who you are, and we just want to leave."
Quintet contacted the ship, and once he got another response, he set up a few bots and an old program to spam the ship with contacts and contact viruses. Nothing got through.
Quintet contacted his crew.
"That's.. not normal. We're leaving the ship alone. Disarm the weapons and drop any intercept paths."
"There isn't good or bad. There's just insane."
"Blamsauce!"
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:22 am

"We're not going in there?" Tabitha asked, flipping a few switches and preparing the ship for an FTL jump "Fine, let's get moving then out of this sector before the Rebel Fleet overwhelms us. We only did barely get away from them at the black market"
Chickengames

Postby Chickengames » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:08 am

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, I've been busy doing nothing.

Watching out the port window, Kr watched the flaming ship fly by. He heard Quintet and the other's comments about the ship. No, that ship is definitely not normal... Wait... He looked closer at one side of the ship and saw a certain branding on the side he hoped he would never see again. Oh God... Not here, not NOW "So yeah... hehe... weird ship, huh? We better leave before those rebels get here, right?" Kr started nervously walk-running to the sensor station. He entered and brought up the interface quickly. Nothing, of course. What would I suspect... He went back to his quarters and tried to not remember.
dyno101

Postby dyno101 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:10 pm

Quintet noticed Kr's strange behavior. Something was extremely off about what was happening. He knew the ship wasn't right the moment he saw it, but it may have just been a malfunction at that time, but now it was easy to see this ship was worth investigating.
"Stop the jump. We're moving in. I want no protest at all. Arm weapons, but keep them on stand-by. Grab your weapons and charge them. To be honest, the most likely result is nothing happening, but I just want everyone to be prepared. Safer for you, really. All i'm going to do is send them one close-range message and get some data, then we'll leave."
Quintet began to scan the fiery ship.
"There isn't good or bad. There's just insane."
"Blamsauce!"
kestrelfan

Postby kestrelfan » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:14 pm

*over coms* firing up engines to full capacity captain* says derk

I just surf the forums for new mods and nostalgia at this point, that's about it
kestrelfan

Postby kestrelfan » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:16 pm

firing ftl drive for emergency jump if needed derk says

stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:34 pm

Tabitha brought the ship on an intercept course if the need for action was required. She had no idea what was spooking everyone else about the contact. "Although it might be a Tuco impostor since we've all been talking about him"