One final chance: An FTL-RP

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
elijahdb

Re: One final chance: An FTL-RP

Postby elijahdb » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:23 am

Targon's brain suddenly registered his cyborg arm as he was teleported onto a ship. From head to toe the floors, walls and ceiling were made of an impenetrable glass. He could see pipes and wires running all over the ship, and occasionally the odd monitor sticking out of a wall.

"Yo, Dyxie! We got 'em!" The Rockman said cheerfully.

A chair in the front swiveled around to reveal a pure amber Mantis. She was small and thin, but her light green eyes shone intelligence.

"Hello, Targon. Good to see you again." Her chair slid over to a monitor flashing code. "Let's get to business. I can't figure out all of the codes your AI is using."

"Quinny told me he's made of python-javascript, but he lied. The ship's core doesn't even register that code." Targon stated as he positioned himself at the monitor. Dyxie pressed a button and the computer unlocked a tiny section of the ship, which vanished as fast as it came.

"Yes, unless he made a hidden extension. Seriously, Targon." She regarded him sadly. "You're getting rusty. Literally." She pointed at a piece of red on his robotic arm. "Now, follow my lead for awhile..."

Twenty minutes pass by..

"I swear..." Dyxie was growing impatient. "What kind of AI makes a system of a certain code and then rewrites it every five minutes!? It's completely random!" Targon suddenly gasped in delight at what he saw on the screen.

"He uses Hyplus X!" The blue Mantis crowed. He took ahold of the keyboard and proceeded to type out a long string of code. "I think I got it," he panted, when all of the code erased and a message in large text appeared in place. Targon nearly fainted from mental fatigue reading it.

NICE TRY, TARGON. I'M NOT STUPID.

I hope you don't mind what I'm doing, dyno. Just say so and I'll rewrite the post.
I've created Type C Hulls for the enemy Mantis, Slug, Rock, and Zoltan ships, and anyone can use these for a mod.
Check out the details here.
Chickengames

Postby Chickengames » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:36 am

So here's why I haven't been here... I thought I had it set to email me when people posted, but for some reason that hasn't been happening lately. Idk why. So I thought everyone was just not posting anymore. I decided to check the forum today and found 5 new pages. So here I am again.

Water was too heavy to carry on ships, so showers were not possible. Instead, they used sound waves and vibration to make the dirt etc. fall off. Unfortunately, Xec dung was as sticky as honey, and took forever to come off in the so-called "sonic shower." The ship had shaken several times, and Kr had fallen out of the small space several times. When all the dung wasn't finally off, he stepped out into his quarters and then out into the hall. Rockman blood was everywhere. Charred skin and blood plastered the walls. This looks like it was burnt with a plasma torch... Kr stepped over the bodies and checked an info panel to find they were docked at a civilian station. Dang, how long was I in there? He asked over the comms: "Uhh were we just in a battle? And where is everyone?"
I_am_person

Postby I_am_person » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:02 am

The ship arrived in a blip. The station itself was modest, surrounded by only a handful of ships. Not as big as the huge trade hubs that the engi ran, but sufficient for Cathos' needs. As he got closer, he opened comms and flipped his civilian ID onto the screen, equipping his beam lance(think halo sword) with his free hand. After that, he docked.

"Nazia, you're coming with me. Genevas, stay here and oversee the ship. Remember to have the anti-personnel drone on at all times." He walked onto the space dock with Nazia as the ship pulled away. He looked around briefly, scanning the shops. At the back corner of the station was an inconspicuous door. Immediately, he recognized it as the hub entrance. He swiveled his head to face Nazia, who was looking at some tourist trap artifacts.

"I'll be going to that hub over there. Expect me back in about twenty minutes. Go check the augments for anything good, and don't meld one of them into something random, steal it, and eat the scrap like you did last time."

She playfully scowled at him. "One. Time. Oh my god. We didn't even need a reverse ion field anyway."

He opened the door to the place and stepped in. It looked like they took a bar and just made some rebel renovations to it. Homely. Looking around, he found the man from the video call, who was walking out of what looked like a storage room with a confused look on his face. As Cathos walked over, the man hardly noticed him, still dazed. Suddenly, the man looked up.

"Say, do you know what coding is?" While Cathos didn't want to meddle in Rebel activities anymore, he was still intrigued, was the man offering him a job?

"Why do you ask?"

"Well, no, just that there was a repair drone in there and when I told it to get me a drink it said no and asked me if I knew what coding was." Cathos sighed under his breath, he was surprised the man wasn't dead from alcohol poisoning if he was drunk enough to not know what coding is. Still, why would a repair drone say something like that, or even say something at all? Usually it wouldn't have responded. Cathos looked around for a second, trying to see if there were any other drones serving drinks. There was only one as far as he could see, but this was a small establishment.
Maybe it was faulty.

"Hmm, sounds weird. I'll go check it out." Hesitantly, Cathos checked if anybody was watching and slipped into the room, the only sight to greet him being a repair drone working on some pipes.

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

For a store labeled, "High Quality Augments", it had a large ratio of trash in it. While there were some gems, like a Weapon-Pre-Igniter, which they couldn't use because their artillery wasn't compatible with conventional weapon augments, most of the augments were old or outdated.

"Scrap-Flak Converter? You need an augment for that?" Nazia lost interest in the immense supply of Oxygen Chargers, Stealth Beams, and Drone Reactor Boosters quickly. Her attention off of the augments, she had a feeling that people were staring at her. Her suit that she wore was pretty conspicuous, that's for sure, but it was pretty expensive to install a level two oxygen system *on* someone. If only there was a cheaper way...

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

The repair drone was occupied by something, that was for sure. Although... the pipes weren't broken.

Cathos opened up the green dome on the drone's head to check its wiring. The first thing he noticed was that it didn't power off when he did this, it just kept concentrating on whatever it was occupied by, which Cathos figured by now wasn't the pipes. The wiring wasn't faulty, either, albeit with some modifications. He hesitated for a second, tempted to just walk out and blame it on the folly of the drunk man. After taking another glance at the thing, though, he delved deeper, extracting a portion of its code to analyze.

A flurry of mixed letters and symbols confronted him. While he could hardly even recognize the language, he saw some definite keywords. It was apparently connected to a ship outside of the station, although Cathos doubted that it was the station's main AI location. The weirdest thing was the battle codes. Why would a repair drone ever need to wield a plasma cutter? One thing was definitely clear: this wasn't a civilian-grade repair drone. He scrolled through the code again, trying to look for clues. There was one highly encrypted word that stood out. Quintet. Cathos boggled his memory, he knew he heard it somewhere...

Suddenly, the green dome snapped closed. Cathos was barely able to save his pinky finger from a horrible fate. The repair drone stood upright, as if it was stretching. Slowly, Cathos pulled out his beam lance and put it behind his back, finger on the trigger. The drone faced hm.

Hmm, Chickengames, correct me if I'm wrong, but, I think elijahdb specifically said that there was no trace of a battle in the ship.
Last edited by I_am_person on Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Injustice Rains From Above!
Chickengames

Postby Chickengames » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:18 am

Oh I'm talking about way back with the pirates and the plasma torch wielding repair drone. I've been out for a while so I'm compensating by having Kr not know what's happened.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:31 am

Tabitha wandered the various food shops in the area. She overheard a conversation between a Human and a Rockman concerning the spices on a steak.
"Look man, I just want to cook a damned steak for my girlfriend. I don't need this lecture."
"Oh why don't you just go to the Mantis Charlies and order the Spicy Wings? I'm sure she'd appreciate that more than what you're cooking."
Tabitha cleared her throat "Am interrupting something?"

"Unless you're his girlfriend and if so, you should dump this idiot immediately before he poisons you"
Tabitha examined the catalogue and said to the Human "You'll want the following spices" and pointed to several items. "They'll blend real nice together" she explained.
"Great! You've been much more helpful than that asshole" he said, glaring at the Rockman as he went to pay for the items.

Once the transactions were over, Tabitha walked up the shopkeeper and said "Are you always that pretentious towards your customers? If a man wants a steak, just sell him the damned spices..."
"I don't like selling to customers who have no idea how to use them properly" The Rockman grunted "Because when they screw up they..."

"I'm suing this store!" the Human suddenly shouted, throwing one of the spice containers at the Rock "I just sprinkled this up my nose and now my sinuses hurt!"
Tabitha sighed as the Rock said "He didn't even make it that far away from the store... that's got to be a new record"
Naturally security was quickly called in to drag the idiot away.
"So Human... you seem to know about the culinary arts, what can I get you?"
"Just a few spices. I'm actually cooking for a crew of mostly Mantis and I..."
She looked at a Lanius who seemed to be going about the augment shops. What she found weird was that it was dressed in a tight suit that seemed to stick out like a trenchcoat and a fedora would. So far her experiences with Lanius were that they walked around the ship naked so a Lanius with clothes was unusual to say the least.

She quickly filed the spices she requested and the delivery point and gave a quick message back to the ship "Hey Arkangel... Derk... is it unusual for a Lanius to be naked or to be wearing clothing? Because if it is... you might be interested in what I've just spotted for you."

Hey, even a Rockman may or may not be wearing pants on the ship :P
SciGuy303

Postby SciGuy303 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:02 am

"I don't normally wear clothes, it gets in the way of stealth operations. Not sure about Derk though."
I do random stuff and surf on the fourms. That's about it.
I_am_person

Postby I_am_person » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:08 am

SciGuy303 wrote:"I don't normally wear clothes, it gets in the way of stealth operations. Not sure about Derk though."

I presume Derk is an unofficial Lanius character?
SciGuy303

Postby SciGuy303 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:11 am

I_am_person wrote:
SciGuy303 wrote:"I don't normally wear clothes, it gets in the way of stealth operations. Not sure about Derk though."

Derk is kestrelfan's char. He's the lanius engineer we found in that escape pod.
I do random stuff and surf on the fourms. That's about it.
I_am_person

Postby I_am_person » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:15 am

SciGuy303 wrote:
I_am_person wrote:

Derk is kestrelfan's char. He's the lanius engineer we found in that escape pod.

Oh. I thought Derk was an engi and so I was confused.
dyno101

Postby dyno101 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:52 am

(This post is now irrelevant!)
Last edited by dyno101 on Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
"There isn't good or bad. There's just insane."
"Blamsauce!"