One final chance: An FTL-RP

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
dyno101

Re: One final chance: An FTL-RP

Postby dyno101 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:55 pm

(Sorry for the down time! Due to the end of the nine weeks, there were tests, projects, and concerts I had to go do but I should be able to muster more posts now.)

Quintet checked on his crew. His time spent repairing a few very concerning problems in the ship's code was longer than he had originally intended, but the ship had a revamped operating system that would prove stable against plenty of attack.

"Is everyone alright? I spent a... while tinkering with the ship's code. Oh, and I heard your messages about the weird head voice, but responding would have killed the system code and we would be stranded, so I thought you were better off waiting. I haven't found a source, but I can see that it sure isn't a slug because it's communicating with Tabitha. Maybe a virus or a-"

The ship got a message from the flaming ship. It seemed to be a distress hail, but after some decryption the true message was found.

"We both know who that was, Quin. I take it you understand what I'm really doing here. Your crew is an interesting bunch. The feds must've got them together for you. Except you knew this is what you needed. You made this happen.
Remember when I met you? Xia 234-567? Calplatin Colony? That was an interesting war in an interesting time. It was a good evening, finally meeting with you.
Hasn't it been too long, Quin? The last time we worked together, you weren't yourself. Not anymore."
Quintet deleted the message and moved on.
"There isn't good or bad. There's just insane."
"Blamsauce!"
Omega King

Postby Omega King » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:25 pm

((Hey y'all, I know I'm woefully late, but is this RP officially closed? If not, I'd love to join the crew with my own trigger-happy engi or any character you might need.))
elijahdb

Postby elijahdb » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:25 pm

If you're quick, we can find you at this store and hire/let you join you on our ship. We've exhausted our amount of Lanius and Mantis crew, so I wouldn't take those if I were you.
And if you're willing to wait, we could find a Zoltan Research Facility for the Crystal pod and you could be the Crystal dude.
I've created Type C Hulls for the enemy Mantis, Slug, Rock, and Zoltan ships, and anyone can use these for a mod.
Check out the details here.
Omega King

Postby Omega King » Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:28 am

((Alright, thanks. Here's a quick character sheet

Name: GAT-SDR-3799, goes by Gat
Race: Engi
Skills: Engineering, mechanics, weaponry construction/calibration, partying
Weak points: Physical combat, interacting well, resisting the urge to get wasted and make lasers
Enjoys: Tinkering, making new things, getting really high, watching ships go "boom"
Dislikes: Boredom, extended periods of sobriety, being outclassed
Secrets: She acts like she just gets wasted for the fun of it, but she's actually addicted to engi Si-smoke
Appearance: Gat is fairly large for an engi, with the trademark slim and useful hands. Her hull is gray, with dark streaks from previous weaponry accidents. Her faceplate shines UV rather than the usual red or green, so she often looks like she's powered down. Her only clothing is a utility belt containing several crucial tools and a pocket stunner for self defense.

Gat was produced in an engi plant taken over by mantis pirates, and was shipped off to act as a weapons administrator and mechanic. When mantises realized that she enjoyed the kill as much as any other, she began to climb the ranks. She worked with her own ship, The Tarrasque, as it looted all through space. Unfortunately, the captain bit of more than she could chew, and was destroyed by a ship's ASB assisted defense system. Gat barely made it out in an escape pod, landing at a mercantile base where she's been trying to get hired ever since.
))
kestrelfan

Postby kestrelfan » Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:36 am

derk walks into a nearby bar and looks around spying what looks like a powered down engi he walks up to the engi and trys to reactivate it
Dont Call it a comeback, I've been here for years

I just surf the forums for new mods and nostalgia at this point, that's about it
Omega King

Postby Omega King » Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:50 am

kestrelfan wrote:derk walks into a nearby bar and looks around spying what looks like a powered down engi he walks up to the engi and trys to reactivate it

((My character hasn't been accepted yet, so I'm not going to respond to your post until Dyno gives an affirmative.))
Chickengames

Postby Chickengames » Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:49 am

Omega King weren't you one of the guys who started that one faction rp? It was like a war between a church and two governments.

Targon had gone off being the classic bar fight kind of person. Kr preferred to be more calm in his ways. He went over to the counter and scanned the room, but didn't see the two mantises. He turned to the bartender and ordered a Dargo raek. It was a rockman drink, very thick, almost like ice cream, but with alcohol and small amounts of ground rock. "Ah, trying to get tough skin like us?" The rockman that had asked turned toward Kr. "No, your thick skin is too heavy. And every mantis eye would follow me wherever I went."
"You wouldn't stand out as much as the two that came in before. Looked like they painted themselves."
"I must see this, where are they now?"
"Oh they were the rich folk, got themselves a private room to meet with someone. Ones like that never last, spending all their money on drinks and girls."
"I don't expect them to last long either, only to the morning, if that." Kr finished his drink and went to find Targon.
Omega King

Postby Omega King » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:25 am

Chickengames wrote:Omega King weren't you one of the guys who started that one faction rp? It was like a war between a church and two governments.

((Yeah, I was. Unfortunately, it never really took off.))
SciGuy303

Postby SciGuy303 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:01 am

I'm starting to notice a pattern:

Targon
Gat
Arkangel

If you want to claim any other colours, now's the time to do so.
I do random stuff and surf on the fourms. That's about it.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:17 am

I'll take the golden one :P