One final chance: An FTL-RP

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
kestrelfan

Re: One final chance: An FTL-RP

Postby kestrelfan » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:54 pm

dyno101 wrote:Well, we're not exactly as busy as we are.. dead. No-one's been coming back to this..

people should come back : |
Dont Call it a comeback, I've been here for years

I just surf the forums for new mods and nostalgia at this point, that's about it
elijahdb

Postby elijahdb » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:52 pm

I'd be willing to go back to this, but there's plot holes... I just want to warp away from the black market, disregard the plot holes and keep going from there. Any thoughts?
I've created Type C Hulls for the enemy Mantis, Slug, Rock, and Zoltan ships, and anyone can use these for a mod.
Check out the details here.
Chickengames

Postby Chickengames » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:56 pm

So we've left the blackmarket and everyone is now on the ship? So where are we then
SciGuy303

Postby SciGuy303 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:47 pm

I guess we jumped to the next beacon, albeit not without taking some flak (pun intended). Then Dyno can decide things from there.

And also, I have a suggestion. We seem to be writing our own stories for events. I still want that to happen, it makes this RP unique. But maybe a max of one major new thing per jump and the characters fill in the minor details? That way it isn't like "You encountered a lanius pirate who is a long lost brother of three of our crew AND knows how to make a better replicator AND is Arkangel's sworn enemy AND..." every jump.
I do random stuff and surf on the fourms. That's about it.
Chickengames

Postby Chickengames » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:12 pm

Sounds good
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:57 pm

((Good idea... let's bring in that Lanius pirate! :P))

As the ship escaped the Black Market and jumped away to another beacon (which thankfully was empty for the moment and had some places to hide), Tabitha could assess the damages to herself. She had just been involved in combat with a powerful, deadly Engi battle platform who nearly handed everyone's guts and bits on a silver platter with all the trimmings and then got involved in a massive shootout with pirate gangs... followed by another shootout as the Rebellion conveniently arrived.
Her side was cut open and yet felt no pain or dizziness at losing so much blood.

She headed towards the medbay to check up on Targon who seemed to have taken the worst of the damage. "Hang in there. We're safe for the moment" she said as the medbay began its work on her damaged, clearly robotic body. "Although I'm not sure how safe we'll be considering that part of the Rebel Fleet is one jump away..." she said grimly before smiling "So heal up quickly you lazy insect!"
Chickengames

Postby Chickengames » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:14 pm

Suddenly, a lanius pirate jumps to the beacon, teleports on board and disables the entire ship without anyone noticing. Jk jk

Kr woke up on the floor for the second time this mission. He lifted his head up and saw Tabitha and Targon both being worked on. "Ahh my head..." He brought one claw up and felt gingerly around it. "I feel like I've had to much Eykl." (strong alcoholic drink) The last thing he remembered was being squeezed to death and then thrown. Everything arder that was blank. Kr got up slowly and looked around the room. "Where are we?"
elijahdb

Postby elijahdb » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:17 pm

Targon coughed, then groaned a little. He was on the floor of the medbay and his legs seemed to be- itching? Great. They were healing. "I'll heal," He hoarsed to Tabitha, attempting to rise, "Just gimmie a few-" He gave up and flopped back on the floor.
I've created Type C Hulls for the enemy Mantis, Slug, Rock, and Zoltan ships, and anyone can use these for a mod.
Check out the details here.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:22 pm

"We should look into getting the medbay upgraded... or maybe that isolation chamber could be outfitted as a Cloning Tank..." Tabitha remarked. Although is cloning the right way to go about things? If I die, would my clone be me or would it be another person with my memories and experiences?, she thought to herself.
"Oh and as for where we are... not at the black market. I have no idea where. I just jumped the ship away and hoped Quintet wouldn't drop us off into a solar flare or something."
dyno101

Postby dyno101 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:58 pm

(When in my life did I learn CPlotR? Well, no matter. I'm happy. And, yes, one new, big thing per area is our new rule. Advance!)

"Well, I didn't. I was very tempted, however. Now, about the medbay, we can't exactly get it upgraded right now. Just stay wherever you are in the medbay and let it be. You'll be back in good shape in due time."
Quintet looked over his cameras, thinking about his situation. It was grim, but everyone who needed to be healing was in the medbay, so they would heal soon enough. He was nearly captured in a few instances, but at least he walked away, albeit in a shape too close to crashing and becoming inoperable for comfort. Suddenly, a few signals came his way from a loose escape pod. It seemed that an unconscious lanius was alive but in a malfunctioning pod due to some of the components being removed by an unknown source. A check in the fizzling camera showed that the lanius was eating away at the escape pod's components.

"Okay.. I need everyone in a fairly workable shape to surround the airlock. I'm picking up an escape pod with an unconscious lanius inside, and I have no signals of his mental or physical state. Bring your guns. Loaded. Preferably, drawn. I'll be in the airlock with a repair drone."

(Hopefully you're okay with this introduction.)
"There isn't good or bad. There's just insane."
"Blamsauce!"