One final chance: An FTL-RP

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
elijahdb

Re: One final chance: An FTL-RP

Postby elijahdb » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:00 pm

Yeah, there are a TON of plot holes. But this is an RP. I'm not too concerned. And did the ship just jump?

The shiny teeth Human slammed the door shut. "Look, Mantis boy, you just killed one of our money-makers. He was just as good as the Champion!" Two rocks who were standing to the side walked into the light and grabbed a hold of Targon. He gulped. "I get it. You want me to kill the Champion." The Human nodded.
"You better do it. Or else." The Rocks violently threw Targon into a corner, the floor opened below him and he fell into a dark hole.
"WHAT IS THIS!?" He screeched; it echoed all around him and without warning he hit a slant, went down a little more and went sprawling onto the arena floor, vaguely hearing B21 telling the crew about engine trouble.
"AAnd-ANOW!! The newly proved, and a clever trickster, Targon the Cyborg!"
'They could've come up with a better introduction than that." Targon moaned and stood up. "Versus, the one and only, that you all know, the CHAMPIO-O-ONnn-AH!!"
A door in the side slowly opened, revealing a glow from inward. "Hello, Targon." A strange voice said. It was an eerily robotic voice, also female. "I love to TEST on my prey." It sniggered and emerged. Targon's mouth dropped open. "Wha- This isn't the Champion!?"
Apparently that poster board was deceiving. Instead of a glowing silhouette it was an enormous white Engi, eight feet high, with tons of black and orange electric ropes looped around its legs and arms, which were black around the joints. The legs were short yet powerful, and the arms were longer than usual and had countless fingers. The face was deathly white, even more so than the body, and had a single yellow lensed eye staring Targon down. The Engi chuckled again.
"You're going to wish you could die fast when I torture you." It coolly stated. "So buckle up; it's going to be a long ride." The Engi charged, and Targon leaped out of the way, narrowing missing the long fingers. The Champion stopped and turned rapidly, then charged again. This time Targon wasn't able to anticipate where he could jump, and in his panic jumped right at the Engi. His legs smacked into it so hard it left little dents in the Champion's chest, and the Mantis sprawled onto the ground.
"You're pitiful. It's sad, but true." The Champion turned around again and regarded Targon, who was trying to get up. "I would wipe the floor with you, but I'd smudge it all up." Targon gasped and finally stood up, making his arm split and glaring at the sarcastic Engi, just standing there without a care in the world.
"I can't believe I'm doing this," Targon growled, "Quintet, I'm assuming you're still in the market, I need h-" he swallowed and overcame his pride. "I need he-ELP!"
The Engi threw its arm out and the hand detached, flying toward Targon who jumped up in the air just in time to avoid the scrabbling fingers underneath him. As he was coming down he put his robotic arms in front of him and proceeded to shred the hand. It shut down, sparked, and he jumped off just as it exploded. The force hit him in the back and this time it was the Mantis who went flying. He seemed to glide right off of the ground as he went toward the wall; he stopped just before he could hit the wall.
"Anyone of the crew, HELP ME!!" He yelled.
I've created Type C Hulls for the enemy Mantis, Slug, Rock, and Zoltan ships, and anyone can use these for a mod.
Check out the details here.
The_Bear

Postby The_Bear » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:14 pm

(The ship did not jump, it was just a explanation for why we were able to jump here.)
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:21 pm

(Plot hole count:
2) If you can talk to people all across the world why didn't the crew of the kestrel just send the flagship plans to the federation base
Yeah sure and let the Rebels know that the Federation knows about the Flagship and thus ruin the element of surprise.
5) Jumping without a FTL drive.
Some of us are on every day or every few days. Sometimes we just "assume" you fixed the problem in between all that dialogue and exposition and stuff between jumps.
7) DID A REPAIRDRONE JUST KILL A MANTIS
Yes
8) We got a antipersonel drone, so why didn't Quintet just use that.)
Because it wouldn't be as awesome. Seriously...

Tabitha waited in anticipation of the Champion's entrance... then as soon as the Engi appeared, she said "Oh shoot... I knew it'd be something unexpected. Either it's a joke or Targon's going to be an ichor stain on the floor."
She put a hand on the side of her blaster before remembering there was most likely an energy barrier considering the nature of that other fight between Missiles and Beams... Wait, missiles...

Missile Master Melia's discarded rocket launcher was in the Arena and the Rockman's corpse was nearby. That's not a missile launcher... it's a Rock Launcher. You load anything into that and it'll be flung at high speed...
With that, she leapt from the stands and onto the energy barrier itself. "Well looks like we've got ourselves an intruder. Don't worry folks, The Champion can deal with many opponents at once. We all remember Rockmania, right?" the announcer asked to the cheering crowds.

A section of the barrier went down and Tabitha fell into the arena, landing hard on her feet with a 3-point landing. "Oooh! That must have hurt" the announcer said as Tabitha quickly got back up "But it seems our intruder's a cyborg as well. Give us a name before the Champion kills you."
"Tabby Tabitha" she replied, Not badass now but if I survive this, that will become a badass name like the Bearded Bunny Pirates.
The Champion swung at her and sent the woman flying backwards, cutting a deep gash into her abdomen in the process.
"Prepare to be scrapped" Tabitha declared, landing right where she wanted to be as she snagged up the launcher. "Don't worry Targon, I'm here to help."
The blow however seemed to have done a lot of damage to her. Her side was bleeding red in large quantities. "It's only a mere scratch..." she said, her voice seemingly normal despite all the pain it should have been causing. However, underneath all the blood was the glint of metal and the crackling of electricity.
elijahdb

Postby elijahdb » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:18 am

Tabitha's a cyborg as well!? I'm not alone!

"Thanks, Tabitha," Targon ran toward her as the Champion smashed a part of the arena floor and threw the chunk at him, missing him and hitting the wall instead, leaving a huge dent. "I had no idea you were a cyborg. Figures the chef is a robotic clone experiment." He pointed at the Engi who was just standing there now, and started talking fast. "For some reason it just halts and stands there. It can talk, but nothing else. It's like it needs to recharge. Fire some of that debris from the chunk of rock it threw at it next time it does that; I'll distract it from you." The Champion started running toward Targon and he ran to the side of the arena, yelling, "Come at me, overgrown freak!! Programmed spawn!" I need to work on my insults. Targon thought as he dodged more debris.
I've created Type C Hulls for the enemy Mantis, Slug, Rock, and Zoltan ships, and anyone can use these for a mod.
Check out the details here.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:45 am

"Cyborg?" Tabitha asked, dodging out of the way of the big rock "Don't be absurd. I'm genetically engineered, not part-machine."
She grabbed a few large rocks from the ground and shoved them into the launcher. There was a clicking sound as the device began charging up in order to turn the random debris into something more dangerous. Suddenly the Champion whipped out an arm like a whip and knocked the launcher away from Tabitha, causing the weapon to discharge into the air. The rocks went straight through the energy barrier and caused several members of the audience to scatter from the impact site.
Tabitha was also knocked to the ground in the process. She leapt to her feet and went to dash for the discarded weapon only for the Champion to come back for another round while still focusing on Targon.
"Folks, looks like the Champion is demonstrating how to deal more than one opponent. That blue Human certainly isn't going to last long at this rate."
Chickengames

Postby Chickengames » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:59 am

"Look, you've got no arms left!" "Yes I have" "Look!" "It's just a flesh wound"

"WHY DOES EVERYONE IN THIS CREW HAVE A DEATH WISH?" Kr watched as Tabitha jumped into the arena and was almost immediately sliced open by the huge engi. It didn't seem to phase her though. They're not going to do much alone, that champion is too strong. I'm going to have to go in there. He looked for a way in that wouldn't be as obvious. Kr made his way down the stands and circled around the arena. He got to a door that went down into the area, probably for maintenance. He forced it open, and kept his back to the wall so that he was in front of the crowd, but hidden by the arena wall. When the right time came, he sprinted out suddenly and climbed the engi's legs, tearing at the cords as he went. He reached the engi's head and clawed at the yellow eye. Kr seemed small on the engi's head compared to the rest of it. "Vile engi! You taunt the mantis, but do you really know what they are capable of?" The engi reached up to its head and took Kr in its hand. "You speak before you think, cricket." The engi clamped it's fingers around Kr, squeezing tightly, tying to crush him. Kr pushed back against the fingers, straining against its grip. He didn't look like he could hold them back for much longer.
Last edited by Chickengames on Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chickengames

Postby Chickengames » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:01 am

Oh, that doesn't exactly line up does it?
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:11 am

((Right now, Tabitha thinks she's running on adrenaline, hence why she doesn't notice the massive damage she's sustained. Also, she hasn't fired a shot yet at the Engi. When the owner of it died, the weapon had nothing loaded inside so Tabitha had to load it first... only for the Champion to prevent that because well... it's a rocket launcher.))

Tabitha found herself on the ground again as the Engi kept on attacking everyone. Then Kr joined the fray, much to the audience's pleasure as now the Champion had to focus on three opponents.
"Let's hear it for the Champion who's taking it in stride! This is nothing compared to Rockmania after all where the Champion took on Rubitite Rock himself and his Rockettes" the announcer shouted although his voice had a hint of nervousness to it.
dyno101

Postby dyno101 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:38 am

(Data-pad!)

Quintet check over all the data-pads. Most of them were set in the proper charging racks in system rooms, but one was lying in the arena, face up. He checked its camera. It was facing up, nothing to see.
He quickly moved on to check the mic. He was able to hear most of the audio projected into the arena. He listened closely.

"A-ha! I was right, she isn't fully human... wait, is that.. Jen? The champion is Jen?"

Quintet powered up a repair drone and ran it to the arena. He carefully peeked in from the dock. He could see the champion clearly. He had seen her before. He wheeled the drone forward, taking quick looks at the Champion to make sure it was who he though it was, and he was sure it was her. He ran the drone back to the arena and hopped into the stands. A few mantis gave him strange looks. One swiped at him, but he managed to blunder his drone out of the way and pin him with a blaster. He watched closely, thinking of what to do. He knew Jen wasn't going to be here much longer. Suddenly, he remembered the message he had received when the ship was in shambles. He quickly replied.

"Rainbows shine bright. Jen, my location. Rogue or black-shadowed?"

He sent the message heavily encrypted into a much less suspicious message regarding a route. He wondered if he would still get help, after all those long years, or if they even still knew who he was. The reply came quick. He Deciphered it to read:

"Black-shadowed. 8-26, Dove backup left. Welcome back, sir."

He thought he had a story to tell, but then he quickly remembered who he was talking to.
"There isn't good or bad. There's just insane."
"Blamsauce!"
SciGuy303

Postby SciGuy303 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:24 am

Upon seeing Tabitha, Targon and Kr fighting a female engi, Arkangel decided to hop on the arena.
"Oh, looks like we have a new competitor!" the announcer screeched. Arkangel then heard the same announcer in his comms. "What shall be your title?" Arkangel replied "Please, do not make my presence known." The announcer seemed to oblige. "Oh wait, he quickly stepped back. Guess he's a coward." Arkangel them merged with the floor, nearly invisible. Perfect, perfect. She may be strong, but she is not expecting this.
Just then, the champion focused her gaze on the place Arkangel was hiding in. Drat. Guess it's plan B. She detached her arm and sent it flying at Arkangel. It impacted, leaving shattered metal shards everywhere. Little does she know that she forgot to look beneath her. Remember, your first attack is your strongest.
Suddenly, hundreds of tiny shards formed out of the ground and attached themselves into the champion's legs. Then, a singular blade, nearly as huge as the champion herself, shifted out from the ground. She narrowly dodged the attack, but her injured legs meant that part of her torso had a big gash with coolants leaking out. Arkangel then formed out from the ground.
"Lanius scum!" the champion screeched. "I will purge you from this world for your loved ones to mourn."
"I could say the same for you, but then again you don't have any 'loved ones' do you?" Arkangel's killer insult was replied by massive cheering from the crowds. He then turned to his crewmates. "Tell me I'm allowed to celebrate after that," he laughed before focusing on fighting the champ.
I do random stuff and surf on the fourms. That's about it.