Hell night

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
dyno101

Hell night

Postby dyno101 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:04 am

So my account died for a month or 2, but with Undertale beat into the ground, I've come back to FTL.
"Forces more powerful than man, but as mortal as his own..." -H.G. Wells, The War of the Worlds

Federation base, 12:59 P.M., Location classified

"Your most wise course of action now is to surrender and give us everything you have collected- including prisoners and loot."

"Where'd that come from?" The captain of the federation's powerful and experienced Kestrel exclaimed. The voice seemed like it came from
a synthetic intelligence, obviously very hostile. "Turn the ship around, Tar. Tar...?"

"Your beloved engi is dead. Their security systems are primitive...at best. Do I need to repeat myself?"

"I'll never simply give up!" The captain replied," You weak re...r...what in the-"

The capatain's final message ended there, but the recording did not.

"...And I would highly advise you choose the most wise course of action unlike this fool."
"There isn't good or bad. There's just insane."
"Blamsauce!"
dyno101

Re: Hell night

Postby dyno101 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:51 pm

The recording ended there.
"That's it. There was literally no scrap, just the ship's final recording."
This wasn't normal. Every single scrap-field the scrap team had ever seen had some scrap left behind. Even lanius couldn't be that precise.
"Have we gotten any contact from the federation strongholds recently?" The team's engi named Cao- Who was in charge of calculations -asked.
"Now that I think of it, no, Not since the day before yesterday."

"For good reason."
"Who was that?" Asked the captain "Cao, check the.. wait..."
"Yes. I sent you that message because I thought primitive organisms such as yourself didn't like to die. Was I correct?"
"Bring up every defense we've got. Everyone to stations!" Shouted the captain. He wasn't stupid enough to bother with speeches and delays.
The lights of all the defense drones flickered on and hovered out the drone bay as the crew rushed to battle stations.
"Clever. Hostility detected."
A massive ship bigger than 4 cruisers combined and equipped with what looked like 2 Chain Vulcans with metal spears instead of cannons,
surrounded by 4 defense satellites spinning around it, each more heavily armed than 10 of the weak scrapper ship the speechless captain currently stood in.
"Impressed?"
"There isn't good or bad. There's just insane."
"Blamsauce!"