Zoltan sheild bybass mass-production?

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
dyno101

Zoltan sheild bybass mass-production?

Postby dyno101 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:18 pm

I got the zoltan cruiser not too long ago and I have to say, I love it.
But there's one problem:

"*Boarding event text*

They must have a Zoltan shield bypass because
They've boarded your ship!"
Okay. Maybe he has one, but..
(A few jumps later)
"*Boarding event text*

Wow. Another? I should keep count.
(A few jumps later)
"*Boarding event text*

Wow, so everyone has Zoltan shield bypass technology.
*sigh*
"There isn't good or bad. There's just insane."
"Blamsauce!"
stylesrj

Re: Zoltan sheild bybass mass-production?

Postby stylesrj » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:33 pm

It's even worse in Captain's Edition. Because when the ship boards you and the text pops up, the enemy hasn't even got one for their regular teleporter (Captain's Edition gives random augments to enemy ships. Mantis ships are especially likely to have a bypass.)

Obviously there was a firesale not too long ago at every store in the game. Pirates, Rebels and everyone else bought all the Shield Bypasses, Burst Lasers, Flak guns and Boarding/Ion Drones before you could get there.

Of course, the Shield Bypasses they bought were made by Slugs and break down after one use so the pirates have to buy a new one every time they wanna board a Zoltan ship.

My favourite event with the Shield Bypass though has to be where suddenly you get intruders onboard and the event tells you that they got onboard due to you opening an airlock or letting inspectors take a look around the place. And it's pre-AE FTL so the event says "You have no idea how they got past your Zoltan Shield." Uhhh yeah actually I do have an idea on how they did it.
Obz3hL33t

Re: Zoltan sheild bybass mass-production?

Postby Obz3hL33t » Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:26 am

stylesrj wrote:Obviously there was a firesale not too long ago at every store in the game. Pirates, Rebels and everyone else bought all the Shield Bypasses, Burst Lasers, Flak guns and Boarding/Ion Drones before you could get there.

That explains an awful lot, like the proliferation of Heavy Ion, BL1's, and Laser Chargers clogging up the store shelves. We're toy shopping on December 24. No Turboman dolls left, but you can get plenty of Boosters.
When you've been l33t for as long as me, there's only one kind of l33t you could possibly be ...