FTLRP: Pirate hunt

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
SciGuy303

Re: FTLRP: Pirate hunt

Postby SciGuy303 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:34 pm

"What?! Another request?" Cario Krysk said while sharpening his metal bladed arms.
"Yes, though it's different from the others." came the voice in his earpeice.
"In what way?" Cario asked.
"Well, normally you're hunting pirates, arent you?"
"Yes?"
"In this request your helping them."
Cario's metallic jaw dropped. Helping pirates? Might not be something he could do.
"The reward?" he asked. I'll have to see if the price is good or not, Cario remarked.
"A weapon pre-ignitor, Four Burst Laser IIs and a Zoltan Shield Bypass. As well as 5000 scrap."
"You don't even have to ask me. I'm in." Cario said.
"Good. Head to these coordinates to meet up with the rest of the team."
"Team?" Cario wasn't used to be working with others.
"Yes. Apparently the team that's hunting them is pretty dangerous, and they need the best of the best."
"Very well." Cario headed to the cockpit and keyed in the coordinates, and the FTL Jump was ready.
I'm prepared for anything, Cario said to himself. Bring it on, pirate hunters.
I do random stuff and surf on the fourms. That's about it.
dyno101

Postby dyno101 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:41 pm

TheHolyEpicPenguin wrote:Name: Genson
Species/Race: Zoltan
Personality: Cautious. Very cautious.
Skill: Pilot
Pirate, Crew of hexagon, citizen or other?: Citizen

Genson is a well-known Merchant that travels throughout Engi and Zoltan Sectors. Genson is the captain of The Flying Fortress, a modified Federation ship painted with pirate markings. He is not a pirate, although a lot of travelers get confused whether he is or not. When he first became a merchant, his ship almost got fired upon by the Hexagon in a pirate sector, and since then, he avoided those sectors. He has multiple Engi, Zoltan, and Human contacts throughout the galaxy.

Accepted!
Nice backstory. We'll be encountering you as a shop many times over.
"There isn't good or bad. There's just insane."
"Blamsauce!"
dyno101

Postby dyno101 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:58 pm

This RP has begun! (We'll see what happens to our crew situation.)

The A.I. impatiently scrolled the sensors, waiting for the Hexagon's crew to arrive.
He was given no say in the crew he got; he was going to have to deal with what he got, no matter what.
The engi that made his mission had found the crew themselves.
However, he did have access to a massive database of living material behavior pieced together with the knowledge of every A.I. ever.
Which he could add to at any time.
"Scout. Permission to enter ship with crew?" An engi messaged.
"Granted. Let me handle the introductions."
"Blamsauce!"
TheHolyEpicPenguin

Postby TheHolyEpicPenguin » Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:28 pm

(Scene: A beacon next to the beacon The Hexagon is located.)

"What...?" Genson questions.
"Yes, the mantis...their government for some reason is looking for us." His Engi assistant Gumpo says.
"But...why?" Genson again questions.
"Um, we have no idea sir." Gumpo is about to walk out of the helm when a loud scream is heard. "MANTIS! THEY'RE COMING!"
The shouting person was Zen, the ship's Zoltan weapons manager. Zen shouts, "Gumpo, get back to the engines! We need as much evasion as we can get!"
"Got it!" Gumpo replies. He dashes towards his station. Genson, meanwhile, yells onto the loudspeaker "Power the Burst Laser II and the Artemis Missiles!". He also adds, "And Zen make sure the cargo hold is secured. We can't afford to lose our cargo." Zen says, "Yes sir!" and grabs a Burst Laser Pistol I. Zen then motions towards Gumpo to man his weapon station. Gumpo rushes to the computer while Zen runs to the cargo hold.

Then Genson got his first sight of the Mantis Battlecruiser. It looked like it had a Glaive Beam, Burst Laser I, and what appeared to be some sort of Ion Weapon. The Ion Weapon was actually a experimental rebel weapon that did up to 5 ion damage in one hit, and only used two power. Luckily, Genson has upgraded the engines considerably over the years. While he was planning a strategy to take the ship down, his computer screen flickered and a mantis appears on it. "Greetingsssss. I am here to tell you that we will kill you. Yessss, we will. For the rebel-I mean, the mantis!"

Genson shouted to Gumpo and Zen, "Did you here that? The mantis ship is fighting for the rebels!"
Zen sighed and said, "Rebels are better than pirates. Yes, pirates are the worst."

After a lengthy battle, the ship was defeated. The Flying Fortress suffered heavy damage, however. But all fear was abandoned when Genson noticed the Ion Weapon gliding towards the ship. After Zen was sent to recover it, Genson examined the weapon. "Holy crap.." he exclaimed. "It seems to be a very powerful ion weapon. We could sell this for a decent amount of money!" He flipped the weapon and saw something horrifying. The rebel's insignia.

"I think we just discovered a rebel superweapon...." Zen says.
SciGuy303

Postby SciGuy303 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:52 pm

The time Cario jumped in, he saw a small group of ships. There was a rock ship that had an insignia of a space octopus with Hull Missiles, a large slug ship with various smaller craft protecting it, and various other ships scattered about. Almost immediately, a ship opened it's comlink with him.
"Who is this?" Cario said.
"You're the mercenary, are you?" came a gruff voice. "Good. We need your help. You can stock up on supplies here. I'll explain when you're ready."
Cario noted that the transmission was coming from the Rock ship with the missile insignia. He must be the ringleader. Or it might be a she, he thought.
He then got another transmission from the large slug ship.
"Grettingsss. I am here to tell you that our sscoutsss have found our enemy had a very experiencced weponsss operator. You may want to upgrade your enginesss."
"Thanks for the heads up," Cario answered. He used some scrap to upgrade his engines. Then, he saw a very familiar voice come through.
"Hey Cario, it's been a while!" the voice came.
"Halcon? What are you doing here?"
"Oh, these pirates hired me to help them. Unfortunately, my ship got ripped apart in my last job. Can I take a ride on yours?"
"Sure, it's useful to have some extra help," Cario replied.
Halcon was an old lanius friend of Cario. He was a mercenary, and he just so happened to end up on the same job as Cario.
"After some chatting and pre-battle preperations, Cario and Halcon went to their stations. All they can do is wait...
I do random stuff and surf on the fourms. That's about it.
Omega King

Postby Omega King » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:47 am

A cargo ship careens into the docking bay of a small space station. It docks beside a large hexagonal ship, clearly outfitted for battle.
A lone Engi walks out of the hold, pushing through the outpouring of passengers. Those around her cough at the smoke expelled from a vaporizer installed in her facial port. She breathes in deeply, savoring the silicon smoke, then exhales another billowing cloud as she walks to the port of the hexagonal ship.
She types the code she was given into the outer airlock door. It opens with a whir. As she enters the ship, she is confronted by an embodied AI.
"The name's Uni." she says, exhaling smoke. "I assume you're the head honcho here?"
"Scout." says the AI, looking Uni up and down. "Welcome to the Hexagon."
dyno101

Postby dyno101 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:27 am

The A.I. tosses Uni a headset, and says, "We'll use this to communicate when I'm not a holograph. You're the weapons operator, right?"
"Yep."
"Good. Hopefully you're a skilled one, because we don't have much room for error."
Scout leads Uni to a room filled with advanced weapon technologies and a large terminal.
"Top-of-the-line, Cruiser-grade weaponry systems. Designed for professional users."
"What exactly are we gonna try to do?" Uni asked.
"Well, reduce piracy. By shooting as many pirates out of the sky as possible. And-" Scout stopped himself from wondering aloud.
He had to focus on the mission, not why he was set to it.
"And?" Uni questioned.
"Nevermind. We've got a Flak I, A Burst laser II and a Halberd beam."
"I don't do "Neverminds"." Uni complained.
"Well, you'll have to, because as an A.I., I don't have to listen to anything."
Suddenly, the holograph vanished.
"Any questions?" Scout asked over the headset.
"How long is this gonna take?"
Scout shut off his communications and prepared the FTL drive.
"Blamsauce!"
TheHolyEpicPenguin

Postby TheHolyEpicPenguin » Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:19 pm

Genson is overjoyed when he here's that a local Engi fleet wishes to buy the advanced ion weapon for 200 scrap.
"Scanning.....ion weapon confirmed." The engi on the screen says.
"Scanning complete. Damage=5, Power=01010001010101010100101."
Genson replies, "So you want to buy it for 200 scrap?"
The engi answers, "Yes. Purchasing....purchase completed." 200 scrap beams onto the cargo hold.
Genson then beams the ion weaponry onto the engi ship.
Zen shouts, "200 scrap? Woah! We should upgrade our engines.."
Genson replies, "No, I'm going to repaint the ship and modify it. The Flying Fortress is about to become the stealthiest ship in the sector...
[Here's an image of the Flying Fortress:]
dyno101

Postby dyno101 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:01 pm

"Coming out of the jump. 1 ship detected."
The other ship at the beacon covered in nebula cloud and darkness opened a hail.
"Ha! I am the dread pirate Tuco, prepare to die!" The ship threatened while powering its weapons.
"Didn't I see you 2 years ago?" Scout asked.
"...It was an imposter! Prepare to die!" The pirate said, in a shaky voice.
"Well, I'd only be funnier if I had 6 fingers on my left hand. Power the weapons, Uni!"
A missile whizzed by the port window, just grazing the hull. The sound of an explosion sounded in the shields room.
"I've got you now! Ha!" The pirate bellowed.
"Oh, Tuco. Always underestimating."
The flak 1 and burst laser 2 shot an immense wave of projectiles, destroying the pirate's shield system.
"Gah! Pun-"
The immense sound of a beam sounded form outside the hexagon, and then an explosion.
"Wow. Looks like he was carrying stolen weapons," Scout remarked as he saw a chain ion float by the hexagon, "and it seems somehow that the piloting system is in-tact. I'm hacking into it now."
A moment of odd silence passed.
"So? Where was he going?" Uni asked.
"His base, at the other end of this sector. And that's where we're going, too."
"Blamsauce!"
TheHolyEpicPenguin

Postby TheHolyEpicPenguin » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:39 pm

After the Flying Fortress was re-painted, it jumped into a Nebula sector.
"Through luck or intent, you have discovered the Great Eye. Choose your doom!" A Zoltan elder hails you.
Genson replies on the comm, "Um...I'll choose you come and fight me yourself."
The Zoltan elder, apparently outraged, implodes and a wave of scrap hurls towards the ship. The Flying Fortress's scrap recovery arm is able to pick up 18 scrap.
"High energy detected.." Gumpo says in is robotic tone.
"Ok, let's go back to our station" Zen says.
"Got it!" Genson answers, and powers the FTL Drive. When his ship re-materializes, he is in a sector filled with stations and more stations orbiting a lively planet. He passes a pirate station with the words "DREAD PIRATE TUCO" written on them. The Flying Fortress turns and docks into his station, which is apparently right next to 'Tuco's station. Genson, Gumpo, and Zen walk into the station. Zen powers up the station's Missile defense system, while Gumpo scans the station. Genson rushes towards the shop at the back of the station and sees three mysterious Rockmen in-line. Genson walks behind the booth.
"Hello, looking for something?" Genson asks.
"Um, yes, do you got any....Burst Laser IIs?"
"Yes, two." Genson replies.
"Ok, we'll take them. How much?" The biggest Rockman asks.
"110 scrap." Genson says.
The three rockmen dig into their pockets and obtain a 125-scrap check.
"Ok, here's your 15 scrap in change." Genson says, giving them 15 scrap.
The rockmen walk out of the station's back airlock.
"110 Scrap. What should we buy with it?" Zen asks.
"We could update our defense system." Gumpo replies.
"Ok, good idea!" Genson says. Genson peers out the window and notices a somewhat Hexagonal ship approaching the "DREAD PIRATE TUCO" station, weapons charged.