FTLRP: Pirate hunt

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
dyno101

FTLRP: Pirate hunt

Postby dyno101 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:06 pm

Piracy has been on the rise ever since the war broke out.
It's a profitable yet risky business.
What deems more profit than being a pirate?
Hunting pirates.

"So, if you're hunting pirates, wouldn't that make you a pirate?"
"Depends on how you think of it. However, we hunt all pirates, and we're not hunting ourselves."
"How do you distinguish what's a pirate and what's not?"
"We know it's a pirate when we arrive and they power their engines."

No inappropriate content. Nada, Zero.

Our ship is called the Hexagon. Think of it how you want, I don't actually have a picture for it.

Registration form:
(Never enter actual information that's true to you. Other than species/race. Cause, Y'know, I doubt a mantis is currently on the FTL forums.)
Name:
Personality:
Skill:
Pirate, Crew of hexagon, citizen or other?:
"There isn't good or bad. There's just insane."
"Blamsauce!"
stylesrj

Re: FTLRP: Pirate hunt

Postby stylesrj » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:01 pm

(Never enter actual information that's true to you. Other than species/race. Cause, Y'know, I doubt a mantis is currently on the FTL forums.)

At least not yet :P
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:15 pm

Ok now to be serious, here's my contribution.

Name: Melia Malachite
Species/Race: Rockman
Personality: Gruff, likes hitting things and finds aliens repugnant. Typical Rockman behaviour.
Skill: Can perform a lockdown of a room, much like a Crystal.
Pirate, Crew of hexagon, citizen or other?: Pirate

Melia Malachite is also known as the Missile Master to both pirates and pirate hunters. She used to work as security for the Grand Inquisition but then she was left for dead on a desolate rock. She would have died if not for a convenient cave of naturally-growing power crystals nearby which provided her with the energy and sustenance needed to survive. This also imbued her with some of the power of her ancient ancestors, the Crystalmen.

She built a spaceship out of the cave and set off for the stars to find those responsible for stranding her and to of course hit things until they break.
She is typically seen flying a pink vessel decorated with the typical squid-head insignia most pirate ships paint on their hulls, except instead of tentacles, Melia uses Hull Missiles to indicate her speciality.

Why missiles? Because those power crystals can also be repurposed into explosives (works like an Explosive Replicator in application).
For balance purposes, her Lockdown can only be performed if she eats a Power Crystal beforehand. So if on an away mission or boarding, her power is limited to how many crystals she can carry (like grenades)

---------------

Ok this is too elaborate :lol:
But hey I dunno, maybe I could be an antagonist or that exclusive bounty the Hexagon is trying to chase down but at the same time would have a friendly conversation with and help out at times.
Last edited by stylesrj on Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fireclaw27

Postby Fireclaw27 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:20 am

Name: Grilsk
Species/Race: Slug
Personality: Greedy, manipulative, dishonest, unsympathetic and unloyal.
Skill: His telepathic powers are considerable, and he can control minds with a glance. He is a skilled bargainer, and has many underworld contacts.
Pirate, Crew of hexagon, citizen or other?: A loyal, hardworking citizen. (Kidding, he is the ruler of a slave empire, and employs many slavers and pirates.)
dyno101

Postby dyno101 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:34 pm

stylesrj wrote:Ok now to be serious, here's my contribution.

Name: Melia Malachite
Species/Race: Rockman
Personality: Gruff, likes hitting things and finds aliens repugnant. Typical Rockman behaviour.
Skill: Can perform a lockdown of a room, much like a Crystal.
Pirate, Crew of hexagon, citizen or other?: Pirate

Melia Malachite is also known as the Missile Master to both pirates and pirate hunters. She used to work as security for the Grand Inquisition but then she was left for dead on a desolate rock. She would have died if not for a convenient cave of naturally-growing power crystals nearby which provided her with the energy and sustenance needed to survive. This also imbued her with some of the power of her ancient ancestors, the Crystalmen.

She built a spaceship out of the cave and set off for the stars to find those responsible for stranding her and to of course hit things until they break.
She is typically seen flying a pink vessel decorated with the typical squid-head insignia most pirate ships paint on their hulls, except instead of tentacles, Melia uses Hull Missiles to indicate her speciality.

Why missiles? Because those power crystals can also be repurposed into explosives (works like an Explosive Replicator in application).
For balance purposes, her Lockdown can only be performed if she eats a Power Crystal beforehand. So if on an away mission or boarding, her power is limited to how many crystals she can carry (like grenades)

---------------

Ok this is too elaborate :lol:
But hey I dunno, maybe I could be an antagonist or that exclusive bounty the Hexagon is trying to chase down but at the same time would have a friendly conversation with and help out at times.

What's a pirate hunter without pirates?
You're in.
You could be an antagonist or that exclusive bounty, depends on what you choose to do.
"Blamsauce!"
dyno101

Postby dyno101 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:36 pm

Fireclaw27 wrote:Name: Grilsk
Species/Race: Slug
Personality: Greedy, manipulative, dishonest, unsympathetic and unloyal.
Skill: His telepathic powers are considerable, and he can control minds with a glance. He is a skilled bargainer, and has many underworld contacts.
Pirate, Crew of hexagon, citizen or other?: A loyal, hardworking citizen. (Kidding, he is the ruler of a slave empire, and employs many slavers and pirates.)

Nice! Big evil score we have here.
You're in.
Just please don't mind control the entire Hexagon crew at once.
For those who are wondering, what I am will be decided once we have more people joining in. It depends on what everyone else chooses.
"Blamsauce!"
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:42 pm

You could be an antagonist or that exclusive bounty, depends on what you choose to do.

Well since Fireclaw's definitely going to be a bad guy, I think being the friendly bad guy is a good option to balance out the evil with... not as evil.
Like Catwoman and Batman. And I guess Fireclaw's the Penguin... or the Joker (although if the Slug starts throwing a coin around...)
Fireclaw27

Postby Fireclaw27 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:37 pm

I'm kinda going for the Jabba the Hutt look. Wait a second, Jabba and slugs are very similar....

:shock: STAR WARS MUST HAVE COPIED FTL!
dyno101

Postby dyno101 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:43 pm

Fireclaw27 wrote:I'm kinda going for the Jabba the Hutt look. Wait a second, Jabba and slugs are very similar....

:shock: STAR WARS MUST HAVE COPIED FTL!

...Rebels.
Federation.
War.
See my point?
"Blamsauce!"
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:45 pm

Plus FTL is about a war in the stars...
See, George Lucas can't even come up with a creative name for his ripoff! I mean, Star Wars? Come on now.