FTLRP: Pirate hunt

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
dyno101

Re: FTLRP: Pirate hunt

Postby dyno101 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:54 pm

dyno101 wrote:
dark33hawk wrote:If you don't succeed, try again

Name:Silver
Species: A boring human
Personality: a rather naive human that's focused on his work rather than life. He accepted when he was thrown out of the federation for science.
Skill: one of the best doctors around, he could bring you back from the brink of death (how comfortable you are is not his problem). Aside from that, he is an okay hacker and can use his bone saws as deadly weapons.

His only problem is that he always "forgets" the painkillers...[/quote}

"Forgets."
*Shivers*
You forgot the section "Crew of hexagon, citizen, pirate or other?:", But that character would make it in.
Thanks!

Looking at this further, I can safely assume you're Hexagon crew.
You're accepted!
"There isn't good or bad. There's just insane."
"Blamsauce!"
dark33hawk

Postby dark33hawk » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:03 pm

To answer that, let's drop some backstory.
When he "left" the federation, he went from ship to ship as a doctor but found a small moon in the outer colonies to settle down and start his less than legal business. Just before the rebels publicly attacked federation, his shop was burned to the ground for helping a zultan.
I've grown Scales since I left. But now I'm soaring again. Off to save the Federation and have fun!
dark33hawk

Postby dark33hawk » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:11 pm

To answer that"other" category, let's drop some backstory.
When he "left" the federation, he went from ship to ship as a doctor but found a small moon in the outer colonies to settle down and start his less than legal business. Just before the rebels publicly attacked federation, his shop was burned to the ground for helping a zultan. So technically is a civilian but not really.
I've grown Scales since I left. But now I'm soaring again. Off to save the Federation and have fun!
dyno101

Postby dyno101 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:27 pm

Name: Scout
Species/Race: A.I.
Personality: Very curious. Doesn't let anything slip by and loves a good chance to pester live ones, and loves adding to the database.
Skill: Auto-piloting.
Pirate, Crew of hexagon, citizen or other?: Crew of hexagon.
"Blamsauce!"
Omega King

Postby Omega King » Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:37 am

Considering you just created your character, are we starting soon?
dyno101

Postby dyno101 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:31 pm

I'll have some backstory added, but we can't start without an engine operator and a shields operator.

Omacron 6
1 year, 1 hour and 16 minutes prior to launch of hexagon

"Scout A.I. Reduction of piracy necessary."
A small whirring came from the A.I.'s machinery room.
"And what am I to do with this?" The robotic form said in its manufactured tone.
"Human error in piloting must be avoided. A.I.'s lack mistake."
"So you want me to pilot a ship going on a suicide mission to reduce all forms of piracy?"
The engi at the meeting room of the colony fell silent for a moment.
"I'll take that as a yes."
"Affirmative." The engi said, reluctantly.
"Darn you and your political ways- or more, lack of them."
The engi continued on, pretending not to mind.
"The ship that will be used, X-65_MC, is designed for use of firepower-"
"Nope. We're using my ship." The A.I. hastily interrupted.
"H-EX_B lacks sufficient ion and drone usage."
"And the X-65 lacks any sort of hull-damaging weapon that's not on a drone."
"The X-65_MC was designed for-"
"For use of drones. I know what the darned Torus uses more than you do."
"Negative. Such information is only accessible to worthy forms."
"One, that was hilarious. Two, it went in the database."
"Blamsauce!"
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:04 pm

I don't see why a shield operator is needed for a ship to fly. Most go without one anyway :lol:
Omega King

Postby Omega King » Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:06 pm

Ooh, can we all do a little backstory how we got here? That would be fun until we have enough people to RP.

I'll take the fact I gave you no time to answer as a yes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

*The scene: a relatively quiet interstellar breakspot and pub, calm other than an Engi, two mantises, and two rockmen playing Russian Roulette with a weapon the Engi claims to have invented. Another Engi watches from afar."
"I call it a dagger beam!" the Engi exclaims, clearly proud of herself. "Only got a one in five chance of firing, but every time it doesn't it adds another lens intensity to the charge. This baby goes from zero to glaive in minutes all in your pocket. Now take your chance, mother01100110011101010110001101101011ers."
The first mantis takes the weapon and cringes as he presses it to his temple and pulls the trigger. Nothing.
With the rockmen and the other mantis, it does the same.
Finally, the weapon reaches the Engi. Here, at its full potential, the weapon is primed to blow a hole the size of a crystalman in that Engi's head.
As she reaches to pull the trigger, a heavy hand falls on her shoulder.
"Is this unit the weapons master known as Uni?"
"You got her. Whatchu need?"
"Your speech patterns are highly irregular for a fellow Engi. But that is not the matter. What is your current employment?"
"In between jobs at the moment. Last gig got blown up cuz some 0110100101100100011010010110111101110100 misfired my new Hyperion Missile. Tore the ship to shreds. Anyway, you offering?"
"Affirmative. Your weapons expertise is required on a mission for reduction of piracy."
Uni scoffs and leans back in her chair. "What you paying?" she says.
The Engi looks both ways, then whispers in Uni's ear.
Uni spits out her drink and stands up, sweeping the money from the roulette table into her pocket. She points the focus beam at the mantis who stands up in protest. With a glaive-force beam aimed at his head, he backs down.
"Thanks for the money, 0110001001101001011101000110001101101000es. I'm takin this gig. Gonna go kick some pirate 011000010111001101110011. Peace out!"
TheHolyEpicPenguin

Postby TheHolyEpicPenguin » Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:33 pm

Name: Genson
Species/Race: Zoltan
Personality: Cautious. Very cautious.
Skill: Pilot
Pirate, Crew of hexagon, citizen or other?: Citizen

Genson is a well-known Merchant that travels throughout Engi and Zoltan Sectors. Genson is the captain of The Flying Fortress, a modified Federation ship painted with pirate markings. He is not a pirate, although a lot of travelers get confused whether he is or not. When he first became a merchant, his ship almost got fired upon by the Hexagon in a pirate sector, and since then, he avoided those sectors. He has multiple Engi, Zoltan, and Human contacts throughout the galaxy.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:42 pm

Hey I'll try this backstory thing too!

------------------

"Looks like there's no room for you Melia"
"That's gravel and you know it!"
"Yes, but unfortunately for you, you know too much about our operation."
"Operation? You mean those Crystal artefacts you're smuggling out? When the Inqusition hears of this, they'll erode you."
"When they hear? Foolish gravel, they ordered me to do this. Erode in the dusty winds of this rock for eternity!"

Melia woke up in her quarters to the sounds of a security alert. She gave out a yawn and grabbed herself a mug of hot sulphur before moving towards the helm. "Missile Master, an asteroid field is fast approaching" the ship's AI said "What's our course of action?"
"We explore it of course for materials. Isn't it obvious you Engi knockoff?" Melia grunted.
"Acknowledged" the computer said.
Melia Malachite's eyes lit up brightly as if she was being smug. She would find those Inquisition fools eventually and she would get her revenge. But for now, now she had to survive what the galaxy could bring her. She chewed on a power crystal while the asteroids impacted with the rock plating of her ship, strengthening it further instead of damaging it as it would to most ships. "What a lovely day."