FTLRP: Rebel Flagship in Danger *open for registerations*

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
User avatar
stylesrj
Posts: 3645
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:54 am
Location: The Shrike
Contact:

Re: [WIP] FTLRPG: Rebel Flagship in Danger *open for registerations*

Postby stylesrj » Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:35 am

Hmm, shouldn't it be in pirate colours, considering how it's a merc ship?
I mean it shouldn't have the MFK Eagle on it. Even recoloured in salmon. :lol:
User avatar
SciGuy303
Posts: 144
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:34 am
Location: FSS singularity

Re: [WIP] FTLRPG: Rebel Flagship in Danger *open for registerations*

Postby SciGuy303 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:58 pm

stylesrj wrote:Hmm, shouldn't it be in pirate colours, considering how it's a merc ship?
I mean it shouldn't have the MFK Eagle on it. Even recoloured in salmon. :lol:

I recoloured it to navy blue and dark grey, renamed it the Arkangel, and created a custom decal in place for the MFK eagle. Also, what do you think the letters PAC should stand for? I just made tht one up on the spot :D
I do random stuff and surf on the fourms. That's about it.
User avatar
stylesrj
Posts: 3645
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:54 am
Location: The Shrike
Contact:

Re: [WIP] FTLRPG: Rebel Flagship in Danger *open for registerations*

Postby stylesrj » Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:07 pm

Looks much better :)

As for what the PAC would mean?
Maybe it's the name of the manufacturer. Three names (Let's go with Peter, Angela, Charlie) put together creates the PAC Shipyard.

Because making up an acronym would sound rather convoluted... :lol:
User avatar
95% Chance
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:12 am
Contact:

Re: [WIP] FTLRPG: Rebel Flagship in Danger *open for registerations*

Postby 95% Chance » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:02 am

stylesrj wrote:Looks much better :)

As for what the PAC would mean?
Maybe it's the name of the manufacturer. Three names (Let's go with Peter, Angela, Charlie) put together creates the PAC Shipyard.

Because making up an acronym would sound rather convoluted... :lol:


PIRATE ASSISTED CONVOY

PILFER ALL CREDITS

PETERSON ASSOCIATED COMMITTEE
User avatar
stylesrj
Posts: 3645
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:54 am
Location: The Shrike
Contact:

Re: [WIP] FTLRPG: Rebel Flagship in Danger *open for registerations*

Postby stylesrj » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:20 am

95% Chance wrote:PETERSON ASSOCIATED COMMITTEE


I like that one. Sounds corporate.

The Peterson Associates Conglomerate. A massive shipbuilding and weapons manufacturer.
User avatar
SciGuy303
Posts: 144
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:34 am
Location: FSS singularity

Re: [WIP] FTLRPG: Rebel Flagship in Danger *open for registerations*

Postby SciGuy303 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:56 am

stylesrj wrote:
95% Chance wrote:PETERSON ASSOCIATED COMMITTEE


I like that one. Sounds corporate.

The Peterson Associates Conglomerate. A massive shipbuilding and weapons manufacturer.


What about we are friends with the Conglomerate, which is why we got this ship? Thinking about this made me create a beacon event where we can get a weapon for free from a P.A.C carrier.
I do random stuff and surf on the fourms. That's about it.
User avatar
stylesrj
Posts: 3645
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:54 am
Location: The Shrike
Contact:

Re: [WIP] FTLRPG: Rebel Flagship in Danger *open for registerations*

Postby stylesrj » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:59 am

Well the Conglomerate wouldn't care who's winning, so long as they can still sell ships. The Rebels and mercs and pirates pay top Scrap for it.

Why aren't they just simple taking them by force? It'd be like robbing a gun store. If you have the firepower to rob a gun store, you don't need the guns :D
User avatar
IndustrialRobot
Posts: 106
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:31 pm

Re: [WIP] FTLRPG: Rebel Flagship in Danger *open for registerations*

Postby IndustrialRobot » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:24 pm

This is actually my first RPG online. I used to do a few back in school, and learned that being silly in a game can cost you. :)
Anyways, this looked pretty interesting, so Ill give it a shot!

Name: Daniel Softcastle.
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Species/Race: Human
Physical appearance: Daniel stands at 5'9". He is a bit thin and underweight for his age, always putting his studies in the academy first over fitness. Has short, brown hair and blue eyes. Another average human, most would say.
Personality: Since this is his first rodeo out in space, Daniel is mostly shy when meeting others, but when he becomes someone's friend, he is willing to be more outgoing. Being the youngest in his family, he has rarely "taken the initiative" in situations, and can be a bit impulsive with his decisions, neglecting the consequences. Since he was in a family supporting the Rebel side, he naturally supported the same group as his parents. Daniel loves to explore new things, but always draws the line between reward, and putting him at risk, or others at risk.
Skills: Fresh from the academy, he doesnt have strong combat skills, other than the simulations done in school. He does have a strong understanding for ship engines, and how some components could squeeze out a bit more power during some situations.

Im pretty excited to start. Is the game going to take place on this website, or somewhere else?
When will it start, and when should I show up?
User avatar
SciGuy303
Posts: 144
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:34 am
Location: FSS singularity

Re: [WIP] FTLRPG: Rebel Flagship in Danger *open for registerations*

Postby SciGuy303 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:00 am

IndustrialRobot wrote:This is actually my first RPG online. I used to do a few back in school, and learned that being silly in a game can cost you. :)
Anyways, this looked pretty interesting, so Ill give it a shot!

Name: Daniel Softcastle.
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Species/Race: Human
Physical appearance: Daniel stands at 5'9". He is a bit thin and underweight for his age, always putting his studies in the academy first over fitness. Has short, brown hair and blue eyes. Another average human, most would say.
Personality: Since this is his first rodeo out in space, Daniel is mostly shy when meeting others, but when he becomes someone's friend, he is willing to be more outgoing. Being the youngest in his family, he has rarely "taken the initiative" in situations, and can be a bit impulsive with his decisions, neglecting the consequences. Since he was in a family supporting the Rebel side, he naturally supported the same group as his parents. Daniel loves to explore new things, but always draws the line between reward, and putting him at risk, or others at risk.
Skills: Fresh from the academy, he doesnt have strong combat skills, other than the simulations done in school. He does have a strong understanding for ship engines, and how some components could squeeze out a bit more power during some situations.

Im pretty excited to start. Is the game going to take place on this website, or somewhere else?
When will it start, and when should I show up?


A direct homage of nerdcubed, I see :lol:
Thes will take place on this forum, and it's a post by post rp, so it's not real time.
I do random stuff and surf on the fourms. That's about it.
User avatar
IndustrialRobot
Posts: 106
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:31 pm

Re: [WIP] FTLRPG: Rebel Flagship in Danger *open for registerations*

Postby IndustrialRobot » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:11 am

SciGuy303 wrote:A direct homage of nerdcubed, I see :lol:

Im pretty unoriginal with names, and Dan is pretty amazing. :)
So does that mean Ive been accepted?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests