Bought FTL two days ago

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
Blackwing

Bought FTL two days ago

Postby Blackwing » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:32 am

20 exploded ships, 16 hours of playtime, and three memorable spider attacks later, I get to the Rebel Flagship for the first time.

Its happening. At least, that's what I thought.

First form, whoa 4 layer shields and 4 weapon bays.

Take a few missile shots but I'm holding together and can barely get myself repaired before dropping some of the flagship's systems. Shields were ioned for several terrifying seconds but high level engines and gold crewmembers helps me avoid the worst of it.

Several heart-pounding rounds later it finally goes down. I put out the fires, fix up some breaches, and jump for round two.

Second form comes up. It's drones. No biggie.

One salvo later and suddenly I'm SWARMED, there are a dozen drones on the screen.

The screen catches fire and I have breeches in two places, O2 system is shot, my shield system is burning down and I can't repair it cause my doors system got blown up and I'd opened doors to put out the fires in my weapons system.

The Kestrel goes down to the sound of splitting metal and exploding ship bits.

10/10 would die again
5thHorseman

Re: Bought FTL two days ago

Postby 5thHorseman » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:26 pm

I think that pretty well describes everybody's first encounter with the boss, though I didn't even beat phase 1.

I remember also when I finally beat phase 1, and he jumped away and there was a phase 2. I was like... ANOTHER PHASE!?
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:23 pm

I think I died to the Flagship at Phase 1 on the first attempt. It was my fault really, I didn't pay much attention to what I thought it had and jumped straight into battle.

After I got there a second time (I think it was the Kestrel yet again after many failed runs with the Engi A ships. Again, didn't know how it worked properly) I was excited to have defeated it... then it jumped and I was like "What? is this one of those multi-phase bossfights?"

After confirming that the ship had lost a wing, I was like "I'm guessing there's a third phase" and I was correct after smashing through and barely surviving the drones. Phase 3 wiped me out.
But yeah, the Flagship surprises everyone. And it's awesome.
Although Phase 3 isn't that great. But do watch out for the BS Barrage (or Death Blossom)
Fireclaw27

Postby Fireclaw27 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:32 am

I died on phase 1, first time I faced the flagship - finally realising that basic lasers aren't so good against 4 shields. I also got kinda confused by cloaking, as I hadn't encountered it much before - I thought the eye symbol was just weird sensors. :)
veznan01

Postby veznan01 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:30 am

I got FTL yesterday the furthest i got I lost because my oxygen powered down and I forgot to turn it back on so my entire crew died because of it. And I had cloaking so it was worse.