FTL - The Rise of the Empire - A FTL Tabletop-esque RPG

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
Hanzz

Re: FTL - The Rise of the Empire - A FTL Tabletop-esque RPG

Postby Hanzz » Thu May 21, 2015 3:15 am

stylesrj wrote:Now I'm wondering if alien species get base stat bonuses? Rockmen naturally getting higher Strength and Constitution but very low Dexterity (I'd say lowered Intelligence but that's stereotyping them as dumb brutes. Besides, that's a Mantis thing.)

Engies naturally being robot/cyborg/things get bonuses to Intelligence and Dexterity, but low Strength (Constitution notwithstanding since they're as tough as Humans but maybe they're fragile).

Or is the stats more of a general thing based on how far apart they are from the "average" of their species. So a Rock could have 5 Constitution (with a +5 bonus) but they're tougher than a Human with 5 Constitution and +5 Bonus.
So a Rock with a Constitution of 0 (+5) would be made of sandstone :lol:
Or as tough as a repugnant alien.

I've done this:

Base skill = 5 (Always, on some exceptions)*
+
Race skill = +/-<x> (Varies on species) (Will add that later, but GM's will give the number)
+
Player determined skill = 30 Skill points for free distribution (The ones the player can use)

*Anything less than a skill of 5 will result in a pentalty of -10 roll in a d20; a skill of 5 generates a -5 penalty; a skill of 10 gives no bonus/penalty, i'll make a table for that in my free time.

Thats about the rolls, theres a base number for players, which is 5, then a bonus or penalty for the race, and a determined skillpoint set for the player to use.

dark33hawk wrote:Ohh an RPG! I have alway wanted to do one :D ! I will try me best with timing but like Stylejr, it can be a hassle so possible npc for this one.

Accepted!

I'll make your character sheet soon! wait for it, it may take some time to create, but i'll do it as fast as i can!

stylesrj wrote:Ok, let's see what I can come up with... maybe this could be NPCed if timezones don't work out...

Essentially Rebekah is a blue-skinned Human who used to be a Mantis slave, turned Federation soldier now that her planet was freed from the Mantis thief's tyranny. She's been trying to fit into the new society and make something of herself, rather than the limited career advancement options the Mantis put upon their slaves.

Also, if any characters say things like "My life is harsh because my parents were shot in front of me when I was a kid" Rebekah can say "My parents were forced to fight each other in the Slave Pits. The winner got to eat that day. They ate the loser."

Is that the sort of person who'd be perfect for a scouting run? Rookie soldier, put onto a small ship with others and perhaps forced into command (or at least joins with everyone else) through unfortunate circumstances?

Accepted too!

Same as above, will make your character ASAP; though i'm quite occupied in this same exact moment;
expect it in 2-3 days

EDIT:

Annnd the character display blocks (The basic one, just in the character list to show who's who) is complete!

Full character sheet, with inventory, stats, skills, profession, level, operation, health, defence, block, dice rolls, chance, balance and much more, coming soon!

They were added in the "Character list" in the main post; check them out!
Last edited by Hanzz on Thu May 21, 2015 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hanzz

William White Sheet

Postby Hanzz » Thu May 21, 2015 4:27 am

My turn guys, time to make my character.

Basics

Name (& pronunciation): William 'Storm' White (wil-yuh-m wait)
Place of Birth: Novena EX-32; Altherian Colony
Species/Racial Origin: Humanoid
Social Class/Community Status: Freed test subject of the Altherian Research Facilities
Language: Galactic (Primary) Altherian (Secondary) English (Tertiary) Mantis (Not fluent) Lanius (Not fluent)
Family/Friends/Pets/Etc: A test dummy he calls Anthony

Physical Description

Height: Tall (2.1 Meters)
Weight: Thin (72 Kg)
Hair: Red, Long, Curly; Goatee
Eyes: Amber
Limb Dexterity: Right handed
Detailed Physical Description: William is a man of high stature, and thin proportions, he has longer than average limbs and has a brand code on his left arm, which proves that he was formerly a testing subject of the Altherians.
Typical Clothing/Equipment: William normally wears a white turtleneck shirt with a armor plate underneath, with black combat boots and gray pants, He carries with him a old ballistic pistol, loaded on solid ammunition.

Personality/Attributes

Personality/Attitude: His life as a testing subject rendered him almost emotionless, he is stoic, cold, and nonchalant, he hardly gets angry and can deal with almost any situation very calmly; He also does not bother with other's health, to him, they could die - This does not apply to Anthony (His test dummy) to which he acts like it was a living person, and very friendly; He also likes to plot other person's death, Or world domination, or to say "Fuck <Subject>".
Skills/Talents: William is proficient with handheld small, medium, assault and automatic firearms, specially ballistic, he is also proficient while piloting
Favourites/Likes: Low temperatures, Peanut and butter sandwiches, Test dummies.
Most Hated/Dislikes: High temperatures, Anything spicy, The colour magenta, Heiro Arashi Azure.
Goals/Ambitions: He wishes to one day overcome The Empire, Defeating and killing his captor, Heiro Arashi Azure.
Strengths: Excellent in long ranged combat (DEX stat);
Weaknesses: Terrible with any jobs that require lots of physical activity (STR and CON stats);
Fears: He fears being used as one of Heiro's test subjects again; Or being forced back into Altherian worlds.
Hobbies/Interests: Target/practice shooting, Skiing, Plotting world domination.
Regular Routine: Practice shooting, Talking to Anthony, Piloting ships, Fixing said ships, Ruining said ships, Fixing said ships again, Piloting said ships once more, Plotting Heiro's Death.
Philosophy of Life: We're just mere nothings in an ocean of infinity, We're insignificant little shits, Fuck life.
Attitude Toward Death: Its a door to eternal rest and peace, But theres no guns there, so Fuck Death.
Religion/Beliefs: Religion is in what fools believe to find the answers of what they cannot answer, Fuck Religion.
Fetishes/Strange Behaviors: He likes to chew on silverware's handles, for some strange reason.
Education/Special Training: He is trained in handheld weapons handling and in piloting; Also taught basic maths, geology, chemistry, physics and other species' languages.
Place/Type of Residence: Black dagger's Headquarters, Number 273
Place of Work: Black Dagger Fleet's Shipyard
Past Occupations:
Memberships: Associate of the Black Dagger (Mercenary Pilot Grade E)

Skill Sheet

Inteligence: 6 (+5 Base) (+1 Race)
Wisdom: 6 (+5 Base)
Charisma: 6 (+5 Base)
Dexterity: 6 (+5 Base) (+1 Race)
Strenght: 3 (+5 Base)
Constitution: 3 (+5 Base)
dark33hawk

Postby dark33hawk » Fri May 22, 2015 4:23 am

Regular Routine: Practice shooting, Talking to Anthony, Piloting ships, Fixing said ships, Ruining said ships, Fixing said ships again, Piloting said ships once more, Plotting Heiro's Death.

Jeez man... Is there somthing I am missing here or do you just hate him?
I've grown Scales since I left. But now I'm soaring again. Off to save the Federation and have fun!
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Fri May 22, 2015 5:05 am

dark33hawk wrote:

It sounds perfectly legit. After all, I think Heiro also rolls under the alias of Gary-Stu. Who wouldn't want to plot his demise? Even if Gary is your best friend. And partner.
Hanzz

Postby Hanzz » Fri May 22, 2015 4:41 pm

stylesrj wrote:
dark33hawk wrote:

It sounds perfectly legit. After all, I think Heiro also rolls under the alias of Gary-Stu. Who wouldn't want to plot his demise? Even if Gary is your best friend. And partner.

Okay okay

Heiro will play a great part in the plot of our rpg's story;

<Spoiler alert>
Clearing things up, Heiro is a leader of sorts, he controls a large fleet and is one of the members of The Empire; He also realizes many experiments on many species, due to his species being able to absorb genetic material and mutate accordingly, his objective in the empire is to find the absolute best combination of genes for their species to absorb, so he can retake his planet; there are more details that i won't distribute right now.
<Spoiler over>

But since you guys have called on me, i apologize, William White will be from now on a NPC
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Fri May 22, 2015 11:33 pm

Hanzz wrote:But since you guys have called on me, i apologize, William White will be from now on a NPC

I'm a poor judge of character but William seems OK. I mean he even has a motive of revenge that can drive the direction of the RP in case people get lost on where to go.

Clearing things up, Heiro is a leader of sorts, he controls a large fleet and is one of the members of The Empire; He also realizes many experiments on many species, due to his species being able to absorb genetic material and mutate accordingly, his objective in the empire is to find the absolute best combination of genes for their species to absorb, so he can retake his planet; there are more details that i won't distribute right now.

Also, genes are not blueprints :P
I played way too much Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri (and heard that quote so many times) to know that you can't just "absorb someone's genes" and get their features. There are no genes for Human hands. There are genes for types of Human hands (large, small, 6-fingered) but if you don't have a Human hand to begin with (or something similar), it's pretty much junk.

But yeah, I can't say Genetic Merger because that has the word "gene" in it. But biological manipulation could sound better.

I am to assume that Heiro wants the right combination of biological parts to absorb and integrate into his genetic code (I suck as a science nerd... :lol:)
Hanzz

Postby Hanzz » Sat May 23, 2015 2:56 am

stylesrj wrote:Also, genes are not blueprints :P
I played way too much Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri (and heard that quote so many times) to know that you can't just "absorb someone's genes" and get their features. There are no genes for Human hands. There are genes for types of Human hands (large, small, 6-fingered) but if you don't have a Human hand to begin with (or something similar), it's pretty much junk.

What i'm trying to say is that he can LITERALLY absorb someone (Lets quote "Cell" from DBZ, although i don't like DBZ) and then reproduce their features, just like evolution, but since their species are biologically immortal (Cite: Do not die of age, but of physical harm or rarely terminal diseases only) they can speed up that evolution process, by absorbing another thing, they can absorb a plant to use their photosynthesis process, thus converting sunlight and water/nutrients into calories, thats their ability, and really a very scary ability;

But yeah, I can't say Genetic Merger because that has the word "gene" in it. But biological manipulation could sound better.

I am to assume that Heiro wants the right combination of biological parts to absorb and integrate into his genetic code (I suck as a science nerd... :lol:)

Thats exactly it, he wants to absorb everything he can ever use - no need for oxygen, certain nutrients, can survive years without water or food, or in subartic or superheated environments; Thats the goal of heiro - And also the reason why he realizes experiments on other sentient/intelligent species; to find the best possible combinations of whichever genetical or biological thingamajigz he can put his hands on.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sat May 23, 2015 5:38 am

Remember, evolution isn't about seeking perfection. It's about change and adapting to a situation to survive.
That's why the Primal Zerg while powerful are not the best Zerg for all situations :lol:

But yeah I dunno, I shouldn't question the science too much or else that's all we'd be talking about :lol:
Hanzz

Postby Hanzz » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:57 am

Hi guys, sorry for the long delays in updates and recent innactivity, ive been quite busy as of lately, real life things and mostly school (plus my failed attemps at getting a date) but i promise an update in this upcoming week.

Cya, CPT. Heiro out
95% Chance

Postby 95% Chance » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:54 pm

Okay so, first off I'm damn interesting in this.

Secondly, is this thing still open to taking on new people?

Just for the record, I'm only new to the forums, not RP in general.