Fight of the Osprey - Aftermath

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
stylesrj

Fight of the Osprey - Aftermath

Postby stylesrj » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:29 pm

I'm planning on making an FTL video run in the future where I try and tell a story while playing the game. So every jump will be met with a sort of a roleplay by the crew as they go about their business on the ship. Perhaps in the form of a Captain's Log being read by a computer (so I don't have to do multiple voices).
They'll also be mostly unscripted due to the random nature of the game itself.

I'd also like to ask if anyone would be interested in watching such a playthrough and/or if they'd like the next crew member named after them or a character?

Of course, if the ship dies, the crew would die but that just means I can do another run and hope they make it through.

Story:
It's been several weeks after the Federation's Last Stand. The main Rebel Flagship was defeated but several more have been spotted at different corners of the galaxy, forcing Federation assets in those locations into a Last Stand.
Admiral Tully has tasked several Federation Cruisers, including the hero of the Last Stand, the Osprey in delivering important intelligence to those Federation sectors and saving the Federation across the galaxy.

The task will not be easy however - the Rebel Fleet still has considerable assets that would pose a threat to a lone ship travelling across the galaxy, but the Federation can't spare a fleet for each courier run.

It is up to these brave crews to deliver the intel and save the Federation... in one part of the galaxy...

Videos:
None yet! Still a work in progress guys!
Last edited by stylesrj on Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
stylesrj

Re: Fight of the Osprey - Aftermath

Postby stylesrj » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:31 pm

First Run (WIP):

Kruos (Lanis A)
Captain Rebekah (Human)

I'll need names for the Lanius crew, but if none are provided in several weeks time, I'll go with random FTL names.
dark33hawk

Postby dark33hawk » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:48 pm

One of the Lanius can be named Lance( i think the name is cool) and this idea sound amazing i would love to participate with anything.

P.S i cant find the "Flight of The Osprey" on the fanfic page so maybe you can copy and paste onto this forum pls Thx
I've grown Scales since I left. But now I'm soaring again. Off to save the Federation and have fun!
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:13 pm

P.S i cant find the "Flight of The Osprey" on the fanfic page so maybe you can copy and paste onto this forum pls Thx

I got rid of it. It was my first foray into FTL fanfic and it was badly-written, had a Mary-sue that everyone wanted to fight and it was only when I wrote my intermission story, Charlie & the Flagship Factory that I realised well... Fight of the Osprey was just crap.

I might rewrite it at some point. I've already replaced the Mary-Sue mysterious woman with psychic and magical powers with a Mary-Sue Ghost with ummm... powers that only work under specific circumstances (Cloaking devices! Grrr!)
But y'know, things are on the backburner at the moment.
dark33hawk

Postby dark33hawk » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:01 pm

nice to know. BTW Charlie and the flagship victory was an amazing story going in depth in the more subtle things (and the engi conspiracy twist at the end was surprising). I have ides for a squeal to the story(involving Hope the rare human-zoltan hybrid, Robert smith the confused mantis and the Shrike Fleet which have not been told in great detail). but its your story so its your choice.
I've grown Scales since I left. But now I'm soaring again. Off to save the Federation and have fun!
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:21 pm

dark33hawk wrote:nice to know. BTW Charlie and the flagship victory was an amazing story going in depth in the more subtle things (and the engi conspiracy twist at the end was surprising). I have ides for a squeal to the story(involving Hope the rare human-zoltan hybrid, Robert smith the confused mantis and the Shrike Fleet which have not been told in great detail). but its your story so its your choice.

Who said it was an Engi conspiracy? :roll:

My proposed re-write of Fight of the Osprey will involve Kassandra (heh) going into a bit more depth about the Great Eye and what might be actually a Zoltan plot (spoilers?). Those puny Humans of the Rebellion and Federation are just pawns in an intergalactic game of chess between immortal, celestial beings.
Who all sound like they're from Texas. :lol:

But if you've got ideas for a sequel, I'd like to hear them (in a PM or here). Because they'll probably be better than what I've got (which is mostly on the same lines as Mass Effect's Reapers or Infinite Space's Overseers.)

Anyway as for back on topic, I'll probably get around to making videos again this week or the next. Depends on what and when I get done with Xenoblade. That'll free up my time considerably or just make me sad. I really like the game.
dark33hawk

Postby dark33hawk » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:45 am

(this is going to be a little bit embarrassing) i just got this account like yesterday so i don't know how to PM :oops:
dark33hawk

Postby dark33hawk » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:48 am

dark33hawk wrote:(this is going to be a little bit embarrassing) i just got this account like yesterday so i don't know how to PM :oops:

oops just found the button to PM,sorry. :oops: