[RP] Adventures of an A.I.

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
stylesrj

Re: [RP] Adventures of an A.I.

Postby stylesrj » Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:19 pm

Translator said to Slava "Is it really living when your body is repurposed as it no longer suits the role?"
He thought about that meeting with KazaaakplethKilik long ago. So many bodies were ejected from the airlocks of his ship. They looked like they had been slashed apart over a long period of time before given the mercy of asphyxiation.

He looked to Romero "I'm not a robot - I'm an iron-based lifeform. Sounds impossible? We thought the same thing about carbon-based life. We're genetically engineered."
I should request a Clone Bay. Those medbays and their nano-healers are terrifying.

He looked to one of Interceptor's speakers and asked "Anything on the sensors about the star we're travelling near?"
DarkPhoenix141

Postby DarkPhoenix141 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:05 pm

"Sounds a lot like a robot, except you're alive."
This is no easy mission...

BUT YOU SON. YOU WERE BORN FOR IT.

And remember:

GODS WILL BE WATCHING
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:14 pm

"Except my brain isn't reprogrammed by changing the code" Translator retorted "We swap them out and usually destroy the old, useless brain. And sometimes the body if it needs different tools."
DarkPhoenix141

Postby DarkPhoenix141 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:18 pm

"Sounds a lot more like a robot, with the exception of code but that's negligible."

"I mean, all people are just waiting for someone to say the right things, next thing they know they're killing innocent civilians and executing rebels." Romero thought aloud.

And remember:

GODS WILL BE WATCHING
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:58 pm

"If that's what you want to call genetic engineering" Translator said.
He tilted his head curiously to the side "You need to stop thinking out loud. We all bear trauma from some war or another. You ever seen an Engi hive-world made completely out of processed metal?"

I thought Engies couldn't feel emotions but I guess they learned how to do that very quickly, he thought to himself. Maybe that virus was right.

He wandered off to check more ship systems and flag them for potential upgrades.
DarkPhoenix141

Postby DarkPhoenix141 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:57 pm

"Yeah... yeah I know..." Romero said, sitting down before hearing a voice in his head, telling him otherwise

"And the truth was undeniable, there was something, you couldn't be at fault. No, you always had to be the good guy, regardless of the events that actually took place. You did your job and fucked it up, massively. And know you've placed the blame on me, the man you turned into a killer, so you could for once in your life be a hero.

Do you feel like you're a hero yet?

Do you feel like a soldier yet?

Do you feel like you've accomplished something?

No, no you don't. You failed yourself, your men, and in the end fucked yourself up inside.

And it's all your own fault.

But look on the bright side, after this, you can go home.

Lucky you."

Romero ignored the voice, and sat down. Silently.

And remember:

GODS WILL BE WATCHING
Tharsis

Postby Tharsis » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:23 pm

Slava stares off into space, remembering that night aboard the Grozonyy.

"Slava! Get those shields back up!"

"Yes Captain! Working on it!"

"Chyort! Mantis are trying to breach your door! Meet up with Ivan and Joseph in the Medbay!"

"Moving!"

The Grozonyy was engaging an unidentified Mantis warship. The shields were offline, engines were toast, weapons blown away, and worst of all, Mantis boarding parties were slaughtering the crew.

In his dying breath, Ivan screams across the intercom "Slava! Take an escape pod! Get out of he-" "I am KazaaakplethKilik! Surrender yourselfs, and you will be given a quick death!"

"Never!" Replies the Captain

"Very well." Kazaaak says

As Slava is prepping the pod, a group of Mantis teleport onto the bridge. The surviving crew and passengers hear the screams. The Grozonyy was a passenger liner moving people to a civilian sector. Slava hacks into the security camera system just in time to see Kazaaak literally tear people apart. His son, who was serving as his assistant, was first.
"The're coming to destroy us... Why?... We want peace..."
The Dark Ones
Superblox

Postby Superblox » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:21 am

"Approaching Beacon. It seems it is secure, but it is customary to patrol it, so..." The AI sighs a little. He had hoped that maybe he could get his first fight in as well on his first patrol... Oh well.
Tharsis

Postby Tharsis » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:41 am

"Hold up, solar flare incoming. We'll see if the shields can take it." The ship rocks a little as the flare hits, but no damage is done. "Chyort voz'mi! I told that old suka! Model 28177 said it wouldn't work! Ha ha ha! Yes!"
"The're coming to destroy us... Why?... We want peace..."
The Dark Ones
Superblox

Postby Superblox » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:02 am

"Well, that's good to know..." All of a sudden, the sensors that are used to detect other ships go off.