Breathe

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
piper82

Re: Breathe

Postby piper82 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:21 pm

great story, you inspired me to write my own. not as good as yours tho :)

You should do what you love, and you should write about what you do. Unconditionally. It motivates you and make your depression decompress from your mind just like air from the ship in your story. :)

Depression is the pesky little bugger and hardest part is to choose to resist it. Fight it unconditionally with all your weapons. And i think your talent is your weapon.

After all, your mind is your ship and you don't like those pesky little buggers boarding do you? :)

thank you for your story and i'm expecting more from you

cheers
Rinimand

Postby Rinimand » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:23 pm

I too created a forum account just to reply to this story. Though I think your storytelling is good, I have to say there are TWO phrases that are simply MASTERFUL. Here they are:

"... each wordlessly aware of the other's wordless awareness that we were alone aboard a ship with no air and no means to produce it."

"... sustained by an ignorant machine, burning inside, rotting outside and unable to die ..."

In my 35 years reading Sci-fi and Fantasy those are lines that just stand out and resonate. If you do write anything other than fan-site fiction, let us know.

Rini
ApSciMorgs

Postby ApSciMorgs » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:50 am

Holy crap. That was amazing.
Excuse me while I go shove a link to this into the faces of all my friends!
May the great and holy Random Number God shower upon you gifts of Weapon Pre-Igniters and Burst Laser MkIIs.
Danielstark

Postby Danielstark » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:07 am

That was fantastic! Though, i had to stop reading half way through as i felt physically ill. ;)

Hope to find more of this.
forestwolf42

Postby forestwolf42 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:38 pm

That was brilliant.
Jakkar

Postby Jakkar » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:37 pm

Your comments are overinflating my ego to critical levels, I may have to manually breach my own amygdala with a bomb launcher to relieve the pressure.

piper: I'm exceedingly glad to know I've inspired more activity here - each story we write is a homage to the excellence of the game design, and I hope they'll keep coming.

Rinimand: You may have nailed two of the passages I enjoyed most in writing it, we have similar tastes =)

Your feedback was thoughtfully written in addition to its positivity and was... Painfully encouraging. I won't force the issue and try to write something more for the sake of writing it, but I'll be far more likely to go with the urge the next time FTL or any other game so filled with emergent gameplay opportunities prompts me to dramatise events.

ApSciMorgs: Thankyou for sharing it around =) That's the best thing anyone can do. I'd aspire, ultimately, to be a game designer and writer professionally, although never less than independently, and exposure is absolutely vital to gaining the contacts I'll need to do that.

Danielstark: Can any writer achieve a better reaction than to evoke a *physical* response in his reader, such as nausea? I don't think so. Thankyou for sharing your sickness with me =D

And thankyou, forestwolf42 - I'm glad you presumably enjoyed it =)
embair

Postby embair » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:42 pm

Jakkar wrote:Your feedback was thoughtfully written in addition to its positivity and was... Painfully encouraging. I won't force the issue and try to write something more for the sake of writing it, but I'll be far more likely to go with the urge the next time FTL or any other game so filled with emergent gameplay opportunities prompts me to dramatise events.

WHAT?! You ungrateful little... Of course you will force the issue. You will sit right here and write more awesome FTL stories for us and you will enjoy it! :evil:

(kidding :mrgreen:)
Jakkar

Postby Jakkar » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:47 pm

MAKE ME.

(please, really, someone needs to make me write/draw/design/sculpt/carve/paint/everything more)
prime

Postby prime » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:38 am

This needs more love!
THEBANDIT240

Postby THEBANDIT240 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:05 pm

Incredible I could see it as it happened :) I really hope you right more. Also the same thing happened to me updgradimg level 2 medbay except I fixed my drone bay as it was closer and used a system repair drone to fix the 02
I love FTL
Try out this awesome mod Infinte Space! -
http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&p=23012#p23012