The 1 hour Flagship fight

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
CatWithScissors

The 1 hour Flagship fight

Postby CatWithScissors » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:46 pm

Engi A, with ion blast II, fire beam, and a heavy laser 1, with system rep. drone and an AP drone. I had 1 Mantis, and 3 Engi (My human crew member was killed by boarders beforehand), so I didn't think boarding was a viable option. Didn't think it was that bad at the time: "I'd beaten the game plenty of times before," I thought. " I've only lost 1 crew member this playthrough, my weapons have been excellent throughout. What's the worst that could happen?"

Oh god it was bad.

Basically I would get the flagships shields down to 1 bar, then it would cloak. Rinse and repeat. I had max shields so it couldn't do much to me either, so we sorta waved at each other and exchanged pleasantries for a hour, before I got bored and decided to open all the doors and turn off the shields.

Pro Tip: get something that can get through shields :lol:
5thHorseman

Re: The 1 hour Flagship fight

Postby 5thHorseman » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:28 pm

I've successfully pierced the flagship's shields with an Ion 2 on several occasions. Esp. with the Heavy Laser and Fire Beam you should have been able to get through with little problems.

I assume you at least boarded to take out his weapons, else you wouldn't have lasted an hour :) Once you got that, 5 ions in a row and the heavy will let you fire up their ship. Concentrate on the medbay but NOT the Oxygen OR the Doors. Eventually they'll give up on the medbay and then you can light them up like the California wilderness.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."