My best run yet.

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
TheNewbie

My best run yet.

Postby TheNewbie » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:04 am

So, yesterday I played some ftl with one of the many ships I made (which I haven't even uploaded to the forum) and I had the best run ever. I start FTL and there we go! The ship selection comes up and BAM! The Pod, my new ship! It has a tiny amount of health, three weapons and weapon slots and 2 weapon recharge boosters. My weapons: dual shot laser, mini beam and heavy ion. Having 2 recharge boosters makes the heavy ion the best ion weapon in my opinion.
So, I start my journey. I power my mini beam and heavy ion, man the stations and jump to the next beacon. By the time I reached the exit, I had 9 hull points. Then I start up my engines, do some repairs and go on with an additional heavy ion. Two heavy ions with two recharge boosters and a mini beam. Theoretically, I can take out the flagship. Nothing interesting happens until sector 5. There I found two mantises and a third recharge booster. 45 percent recharge ratio. Oh yeah! Then, at the first beacon I jump at the 6th sector, I find a (drumroll)GLAIVE BEAM( :twisted: )
So, with enough power to have everything online, I jump to the next sector. There I found a cloaking devise, zoltan and a teleporter. So with level two cloak a teleporter, two mantises and the most overpowered weapon load out I ever had I jump to the next sector .
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::SPOILERS, NEW FTL PLAYER GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE IF YOU WANT TO DISCOVER THE LAST SECTOR BY YOURSELF::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

So, lets fight that pesky flagship! Ions , auto fire their shields, mantis, board the three shot Armageddon missile weapon and let's end this. So, my mantises destroy their three shot Armageddon missile weapon and I totally dominate their shields with my GLAIVE BEAM. Stage one completed, no damage taken 8-). Stage two: the flagship has a weapon less and no cloaking. Piece of cake. Same strategy, same results. Now stage three is interesting. I didn't took out their zoltan shield in time and they fired their three shot Armageddon missile weapon! My cloaking is still recharging and I only have 45 percent evasion! Two shots miss but the other blows up my helm! With no evasion I'm screwed! Their charge is almost ready and my ship won't take a beating like that! Suddenly, my helm is repaired and the boss fires its lasers, but my cloak is ready and I dodge every hit. There is no way my human pilot has repaired the helm so fast so I pause and see that an engi is on the helm! Then I remembered that at stage two a boarding drone had breached my helm and wounded my pilot. So, I had to bring him to the med bay to heal up. While he was healing, my mantises destroyed the boarding drone, so I sent my engi, AJ Hager, to close that hull breach the drone made. So, in my hurry I forgot to swap Hager with Jon, my pilot. But that small mistake saved my run. Thanks Hager, you are the real hero! :)
Last edited by TheNewbie on Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thunderr

Re: My best run yet.

Postby Thunderr » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:11 pm

I didn't know augments stacked.
TheNewbie

Re: My best run yet.

Postby TheNewbie » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:10 pm

Most of them don't do so, but the weapon recharge boosters,titanium system casing, rock plating, FTL recharge booster etc. stack :) .