What were your most unusual/ridiculous fights ever?

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
Galefury

Re: What were your most unusual/ridiculous fights ever?

Postby Galefury » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:23 pm

I only took the slug cruiser B because I wanted to unlock all layout C ships, and this was the last. So I said, what the hell ? Let's do it. But I only intended to go as straight as possible to sector 8. But on the road, I had the occasion to buy some really good stuff the a boarder ship: reconstructive teleport augment and clone bay. Also, a lot of crew members.

After I reached the 8 sector, I said, If I'm here... But I didn't thought I had a chance. I had a pike beam, artemis missile and heal missile, explosive replicator augment, a defensive drone, shields leve3 only and... yes, two mantis and two slugs boarding party. No cloak, no hacking bay, no mental control. And for guns I only had two levels, the third I added before last round !

Round one: send boarders to destroy the guns, rocket launcher first, obviously. After that, I used artemis to destroy the ship. Explosive replicator helped a lot. It took a while because a hack drone hit my guns.

Round two: destroy the guns, then teleport two mantis in enemy drone room because I couldn't use the artemis because of the defense drone. Teleport the slugs too, use the healing bomb to heal them from time to time, while slowly destroying drone control, because the enemy kept healing and coming back. After I shut the drone down, I destroyed the infirmary with rockets and killed the rest of the crew. I powered down the missiles and powered up the pike beam. The boarding party destroyed the shields and the round two is over.

Round three: I used pike beam and artemis to take down the zoltan shield. Send the mantis to rocket launcher, use artemis to destroy the other one. Teleport back mantis, send one slug to missile launcher, because without crew, the ships repairs itself. Then send the two mantis in the ship to destroy the mind control room and the shields. It took a while, I had to kill some crew members because of the enemy mind control device. I intended to use pike beam to destroy the ship, but the zoltan shield kept regenerating, I took some damage from the power surge and eventually, the boarding party destroyed the ship from inside. I lost three crew members, but I won ! Unbelievable !

The Captain

Postby The Captain » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:54 pm

You never know what weapons loadout will beat the boss till you try.

The first game in AE, I took the Lanius A against the boss, and my life support got hacked. Well, I thought, that's not so bad. I got on with the fight, trying to shoot out the three usual weapons. No TP, no cloak, just hacking, drone control and mind control. First time, so I'm not sure I used them in the best way - I took some damage.

While preoccupied with targeting the boss ship, I didn't notice right away that my life support also took a hit (or two?) and formerly L2 was now L0. I sent someone to go repair, but of course the doors were locked due to the hack, and I didn't think to send another, as I hadn't quite finished off the boss (but was about to). By the time he got in and tried to fix, there wasn't enough time before the whole ship had no air. With my Lanii having been blown up (or died fighting fires?), the rest of the crew suffocated. I beat the boss, but everyone was dead, waiting to be cloned. Fortunately my bay was L3. And of course I forgot to take a screenshot.
Merudo

Postby Merudo » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:18 am

I was in sector 8, and was getting ready to face the flag ship. I had used a boarding strategy so far, and I had terrible weapons but 40+ missiles. A shop was selling me some missile launcher, so I decided to sell and the weak weapons I had and go for 4 missile launchers.

Eventually I face the flag ship, and the missiles work great. However in the middle of phase II, I start to realize I'm burning through missiles like crazy. In fact, I finish phase II with only 4 missiles left.

I'm starting to get desperate, worrying how I will pierce through the phase III zoltan shield with only 4 missiles. Then, I open my inventory and I see a Pike Beam that I picked up in a random event toward the end of sector 8.

I then switch one of the missile for the pike beam, and enter phase III.

I then use all of my 4 missiles on the zoltan shield, praying they will be enough. All missiles hit, the zoltan shield is down and I can then board the missile launcher room and disable it.

However by that time the zoltan shield is back, preventing me from retrieving my boarders.

So what do I do?

I use the pike beam to slowly, slowly damage the zoltan shield - enough to allow boarding. I then processed to kill all enemy crew, and the AI takes over.

I then keep destroying systems with my boarders, slowly chipping away at the hull. After a long while, the flag ship is destroyed.
engi

Postby engi » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:04 am

My most craziest fifth a slug cruiser with a glance and a chai laser 3
PapricaLemonade

Postby PapricaLemonade » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:02 pm

Hmm, i do not really know if this story fits to this "section" in the forum.. Oh well.

You know the engi event when they say that you have a virus on your ship that kills engi's and they much destroy your ship to prevent it from spredding (Misspelled i know) And you choose the "Have your engi crew member over to talk to them". He gets killed and Blah Blah Blah, BUT, When i destroyed their ship something teleported or shall i say appeared on my ship.. AN ENGI. His name was... Virus. And he had full in all aspects. Really strange i thought... Because i had encountered that event many times before but that engi or thing.. never appeared on my ship before. Has it happened to any if you guys im really curios. Is this the virus who has been terror attacking the engi population?

//PapricaLemonade
META_mahn

Postby META_mahn » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:54 pm

So I was leading a ship called Team Mindcrack, with every Mindcracker on board that I could think off the top of my head.
I was fighting with what I called 'The Dream' which was three Mk2 Burst lasers mounted on my ship and the Federation Cruiser.
So the final boss comes along, I fight the first stage, and win, but Nebris and Pakratt(Mantis Boarders) die due to the first stage FTLing away with them on board, and Sethbling(Zoltan Master Engineer) suffocating due to the flagship hacking our oxygen.
Second stage was pretty simple and straightforward. I was kind of sad about their deaths.
Then the third stage comes along. Normally this is the stage where I fail at, but for some reason, it was almost as if the three fallen mindcracker's spirits were helping us, making our cloak come up at just the right times, and Guude dodging just enough missiles to have us survive. Natrually, we let the dream loose, and it rips apart the flagship, and ensuring victory.
Your sacrifices were not in vain, loyal Mindcrackers.
Back from the dead. After a two year hiatus.
iHaznoNam3

Postby iHaznoNam3 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:59 pm

This will be quite short because there really isn't much to talk about...
in sector 7 i stumble accross a second vulcan, to add to the previously brought one.
scrap wasn't a problem, as i sold almost everything to make those two beasts run...
3 shields, 1 bar off full engines, all my crew maxed out, a weapon reloader and luckily a cloaking device
you can imagine the problems of having 2 vulcans as the only way of hurting a ship:
1- you'll have to wait for the full spinup before doing any damage at all
2- one single system damage to the weapons and a fully operative terminator device goes down
3- having to sacrifice alot just to run them

that meaning that my whole sector seven was litterally just "ow-aw-ouch-damn-sh*t"

but then... the flagship...
even tho the cloaking device and the engines were doing a damn good job at making it miss almost every shot, a well timed ion blast takes down all of my evasion power just before he fires a volley of lasers taking down my shields and almost tearing me apart with the beam. that meaning my weapons and cloak went down too and i really really tought i was done for good but... my 3 engis managed to take my 2 vulcans back up, and after another minute of full "brace for impaaaacctt" my two beasts are fully operative, with a maxed out rockman firing them and the weapon reloader... needless to say, after the infinite time it took to do a single hull damage i never stopped and it litterally went down in less than 10 seconds.

the other two stages i had better luck, and even tho i sweared just as much he didn't pose such a threat anymore with those marksman timed shots.
sirlanius

Postby sirlanius » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:59 pm

lanius B. I was just trying out advanced edition and i had a strategy where my ship would have not have any oxygen. My strategy was to use the hacking and close of the oxygen room and teleport a mantis (Sam) and a Lanius (Jacob) onto the enemy oxygen bay (The whole "no oxygen" thing kinda disappeared over time). I had fully upgraded Shields, Sensors, Doors, a Vulcan laser and a flak II. It was one of the best runs I've ever had... UNTIL "Bloody Sunday" happened. I got to the rebel flag ship Sam and Jacob as well as my weaponry and shields made me feel unstoppable. If Sam or Jacob died they would just come back as clones. When i reached the rebel Flagship the flagship used stealth and when it came back it had a fire weapon and killed my Captain/Pilot (Susan) and my clonebay (I'm pretty sure this AI knew my strategy somehow) i had my Engi crew (Legion and Bob 2.Bob ) repair my clonebay asap as i opened airlocks to stop the fire at this point Sam and Jacob where already aboard on the ship destroying the oxygen bay. I got the clonebay repaired a this point. The Rebel Flagship caused a fire near the door system (The place where bob 2.bob works) in all the commotion i opened up the airlocks from the place where the fire was to the door room i then saw Bob2.bob was dying I closed all doors but it was too late bob2.bob had suffocated. I sucked power away from the Engines and put it to the clonebay however they damaged the clone bay (Didn't destroy it) I quickly got Legion to work on it but the rebels used a missile to destroy my Shields and then the hull gave out. My ship got destroyed. Gibed. Everyone dead.

Bob 2.bob is a joke my friend and i came up with awhile ago.
dreadthrone

FTL what the heck

Postby dreadthrone » Mon May 05, 2014 9:47 pm

FTL

wierd ASS things

One

i was in sector 6 i was playing as a lanius b i had cloaking hacking mindcontrol and normal sytems BUT i cant have cloak all the slots were filled but the ragnorokk was DESTROYIN it all!

On one fight i had with a small engi ship was MESSED up it had 4 defence drones I HAD THE AUGMENT THAT DISSABLES THEM MUHAHAHAHA!

At some point i lost a lanius due to the following:

a TOTAL slug deicided i telepathicly slitheringly looked juicy so the slug face dissabled my medical systems ( clone bay) and well my at that point two lanius went in the slugs JUICED them and SQEEZED them and well i was running ( and one clone dying) the corps of my dying lanius ( hanlanius) counted as a crewmember on the enemy ship so the corps was racing against the clone bay death timer the death timer won and the metel ( my other lanius)  was eaten by the clonebay just after that i warped away and hanlanius survived! Then i took REVENGENCE!! and KILLED the SLITHERERS/BLITHERERS MUHAHAAHA!!

On the flagship fight i was geting semi blasted with turned flaberghasted by stage 3

stage one heeheehe cant hurt me ( says me )

stage two well i dident take THAT much damage

stage three ( faints )

i won with FOUR hp left FOUR i had maxed out dodge maxed out shields maxed out teleporter maxed out sensors ( plus a slug at the dash board ) maxed power level four weopons ( for my glave beam and flak mk 2) a maxed out engi as a captain ( METEL)

on stage 2 the main intrest came from INSIDE my ship :twisted:

that god damned boar ing drone was taking out my o 2 i had a hacking drone in the enemy drones ( and a fourth of the rebel flagship on fire) so the drone killed my o 2 and sensors the fire killed the drone system on the flagship my mantis lanius rockman and other crew were onboard killing shields.

On stage 3 my ship was dying of no o2 so i send my lanius into the o2 to fix it the engi in the helm is DYING well the lanius repairs the engi dies and a powersurge is nearing PREPARE FOR AWSOME SAUCE the lanius HANLANIUS RAN for the helm if hanlanius did not make it the ship was doomed with FOUR hp left and if all powersurge shots hit my ship would cry in hell hanlanius made it seconds before the powersurge activated meanwhile i flak the enemy ship and its hll stands no more :O fireworks! AWSOMESAUCE ACHIEVED :twisted:

derp
You cannot defeat the metal. The metal will live on.

Rebelflagship POWER SLAMMED to the ground.
Random Commander

Re: What were your most unusual/ridiculous flagship fights e

Postby Random Commander » Tue May 06, 2014 11:31 am

I was doing a Randomizer run with the Stealth A. I got to the last stand and checked my ship: Hull laser II, Pegasus missile, Heavy laser and Chain Ion. Lvl 3 cloak, lvl 2 Mind control, 3 shields (might not be good) and tons of engine power (about 6 bars mayhap?). I thought I could take it.

I didn't survive the first phase. Hacked my cloak, missiles took out a shield layer, ion took out the rest of the shields and all hell broke loose. My weapons were destroyed and I was unable to cloak, and I WAS AT FULL HULL. More bullshit ensued as my clonebay gets destroyed and half my crew are in stasis (I had the Backup DNA augment), then O2 goes out and the rest of my crew suffocate except for a lanius. So basically I had a lanius against a still full health flagship, and just about everything on my ship was broken.

Then the biggest F-U happened. The Boss laser cuts straight through the ship, destroying the last bar of the last system, killing my last crew, AND taking out my last hull. I WAS F@*%$KING CURB-STOMPED.

You know, this should really be called "What were your most unusual/ridiculous flagship fights ever?" because that seems to be the only things we're talking about.