What were your most unusual/ridiculous fights ever?

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
Obz3hL33t

Re: What were your most unusual/ridiculous fights ever?

Postby Obz3hL33t » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:36 am

Worst fight ever:
Elite commando Lanius and Rock units transport into damaged nav room of a drone to suppress FTL jump.
Drone AI ignores boarders and auto-repairs the nav system.
Commandos attack newly-repaired system.
Drone jumps away, never to be seen again.
I imagine my Lanius commando eventually taking over the drone and starting a grand adventure of his own.

Best fight ever:
Engi Class B, barely got this rusty tub ready in time for the mothership (two Flak II's in sectors 7 & 8), first pass on mothership kills the entire crew when the defense drone derps and a hacking drone gets through. Starved for power (I BARELY got this worthless ship ready in time) and running the O2 lean the hacking drone hit my Achilles' heel and drained the last of the O2. With the air on my ship gone the only survivor was the crystal man who was breathing the air on the mothership while smashing the 3x missile launcher.

He didn't even finish with the missile launcher before the Flak-II's got dangerously close to finishing off the mothership, so when the hacking drone left a gap to turn on the O2 I brought my sole survivor back.

The next fight went pretty well; the ship took a few hits, but I got lucky on evades and lost no critical systems, and I had a repair drone and enough parts to fully repair the hull for the next fight. The after-action system repairs went remarkably quickly for only having one crewmember.

The final battle my ship was being pounded to slag and burning down all around me. Rooms were on fire, a boarding drone was shooting up systems, and to tamp the fires (sensors were blown to bits ofc) the only air on the ship was a tiny little pocket I left for my crystal pilot. Miraculously with the rest of the ship burned to molten metal or blasted through to the hard vacuum of space the weapons room stayed up. When the mothership exploded I thought my ship had died and thought to myself, "Well he gave it a good run," then I saw the credits and realized that only happens when you blow up the Mothership and win the game. Then I remembered the "Achievement Unlocked: Engi Cruiser B" sound though I don't remember seeing the little picture pop up. I just remember the sound.

The crystal man was the one from the half-finished stasis pod quest. What a world to wake up to, huh?

Edit: I can't possibly be remembering this right because boarding drones happen during the second phase, not the third. I guess the second phase went worse than I thought, except I would almost certainly have targeted one of the F2's on the 4x drone control room, so the boarding drone destruction didn't last long.
When you've been l33t for as long as me, there's only one kind of l33t you could possibly be ...
Some_Random_Noob

Postby Some_Random_Noob » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:57 pm

I was in an early sector with a boarding ship, so my entire crew was on the enemy ship. I had autofire on by accident and then I blew up the ship with my entire crew on it :P
Obz3hL33t

Postby Obz3hL33t » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:16 am

That definitely beats having 2 crewmembers kidnapped by an escape jump. What a horrible way to go. :P
When you've been l33t for as long as me, there's only one kind of l33t you could possibly be ...
Braxbro

Postby Braxbro » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:40 pm

I had every room on the flagship breached before I killed it with a Basic Laser... :P First stage, had a little trouble on the second, and then did it again on the third. I bet their crew did not like it... Hey, when I killed it (before the Laser dude died) it stole one of my Lanius and came back with one crew - a Lanius in Missiles, the place where I left the Lanius.

Didn't kill him, though. I instead kidnapped him and locked him in my 'brig' (my airlock xD)
Kestrel A,B,C - Engi A,B,C - Stealth A - Zoltan A,B

Mantis board your teleporter. "They definitely can't just teleport us back onto our ship... these fleshy meatsacks are too dumb..."

"If we have AI, why not artificial stupidity?"
sliptothevoid

Postby sliptothevoid » Thu May 12, 2016 4:39 pm

Sector 8 with the Osprey, Easy mode, Advanced Edition disabled with my friend watching through Skype. The first sector that isn't a repair station, the base, or the boss, I come up against an auto-scout with no shields. I have an ion blaster and two burst weapons, a combat drone, four layers of shields. Aimed at the weapons with everything I had, it was over in seconds.
MikieRpg

Postby MikieRpg » Thu May 12, 2016 11:23 pm

I belive While Playing The Slug Ship B, i had 1 layer of shield and out of nowhere a rebel rigger, with a mini beam and a beam drone appears XD
I laugh and easily kill it.
Later the same day, playing Stargateprovider's Stargate ships mod, playing ship of origin i fight what i dub, The "Blaster Master"
1 basic laser against my 2 shields XD. Rip to him.
Some_Random_Noob

Postby Some_Random_Noob » Sat May 21, 2016 11:58 pm

I had a boarding ship, ready to face the flagship. My boarders had a little bit of damage so I was letting them chill out in the medbay. When I jump to the flagship the hacking drone lands on my maxed medbay and kills my entire mantis boarding party :evil:

I lost that fight