Funiest Things You've Ever Done in FTL

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
GoldenApple_NB

Long Live The Crystals

Postby GoldenApple_NB » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:04 pm

I actually had a mantis and an engi crew but I blew them out the airlock just for this screenshot
AI41

Re: Funiest Things You've Ever Done in FTL

Postby AI41 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:45 pm

I once attempted to make a custom ship. Didn't realize how overpowered it's weapons were. Never even used half it's weapons through the first test run.
WARNING: Shipyard Complex Overload
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:50 am

This is less funny and more stupid but:

I was playing the stations mod and built up a pretty powerful ship. Anyways I encountered the EMP engi event which essentially makes you verse an ion only using engi ship with ion resistence and a pulsar. I managed to whittle it down to a few hull points and sent my crew to finish the job. But because I was impatient, I sent all of my crew. They offered me surrender, naturally I said no and then I shot my burst laser mk II at the ship with a broken helm and not enough hull left, with all my 8 crew members on it.
*slow sarcastic clap*
ZedEX

Postby ZedEX » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:15 pm

I thought it'd be another stressful 'find a weapon' scenario on rock A, a classical thing. I only do hard runs as well and recently restarted FTL due to new laptop.

Then stores on sector 1 and 2 never sold any laser or flak. I have to improvise by purchasing explosive reactor from the store where I barely have any ammunition for the dubious hull missile. Let's hope that 50% chance of not consuming any missile does its job...

And it does! A eventual upgrade into Pegasus (selling both missile launchers) does prove to be a excellent choice as I get to blow things up with explosives, and things spiral out of control as these missile-loving rockmen of Bulwark brutally blast any weapons room into pieces altogether with any crew unlucky on it, which ends up with a really enjoyable and funny run where enemies have to taste how annoying it is to have missile-only ships as their opponents combined with a Hacking Drone to the Piloting room.

One particular enemy ,a Pirate Scout (Mantis Scout) had two fire tiles and a cooked lump of metal (Engi) on Piloting as a result of a hermes missile, spreading into the Oxygen room next to it. The Piloting room was hacked and the only way to get into the oxygen room was to blast through two hacked doors. With a Medbay, a Human and Zoltan desperately attempted to go into that oxygen room, broken apart. Just as the Zoltan thought, "I can't blast this in time, I have to get back to Medbay!" (The piloting room ran out of oxygen due to fire), the door he just went through shuts in coldly. You know what happened next.
Only to give me a Ion Charger :(

https://imgur.com/a/b4TgoAX
Only screenshot'd the lategame. Sorry!
Favorite Ship? Federation C, can't get away from the ship's chaotic theme befitting the paint job!
BrentMcNeil

Postby BrentMcNeil » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:15 pm

ZeEX wrote:I thought it'd be another stressful 'find a weapon' scenario on rock A, a classical thing. I only do hard runs as well and recently restarted FTL due to new laptop.

Then stores on sector 1 and 2 never sold any laser or flak. I have to improvise by purchasing explosive reactor from the store where I barely have any ammunition for the dubious hull missile. Let's hope that 50% chance of not consuming any missile does its job...

And it does! A eventual upgrade into Pegasus (selling both missile launchers) does prove to be a excellent choice as I get to blow things up with explosives, and things spiral out of control as these are like missile-loving rockmen of Bulwark brutally blast any weapons room into pieces altogether with any crew unlucky on it, which ends up with a really enjoyable and funny run where enemies have to taste how annoying it is to have missile-only ships as their opponents combined with a Hacking Drone to the Piloting room.

One particular alternative to phentermine is phenq, i have used it and enemy ,a Pirate Scout (Mantis Scout) had two fire tiles and a cooked lump of metal (Engi) on Piloting as a result of a hermes missile, spreading into the Oxygen room next to it. The Piloting room was hacked and the only way to get into the oxygen room was to blast through two hacked doors. With a Medbay, a Human and Zoltan desperately attempted to go into that oxygen room, broken apart. Just as the Zoltan thought, "I can't blast this in time, I have to get back to Medbay!" (The piloting room ran out of oxygen due to fire), the door he just went through shuts in coldly. You know what happened next.
Only to give me a Ion Charger :(

https://imgur.com/a/b4TgoAX
Only screenshot'd the lategame. Sorry!

A foe team boarded me directly after they had blown my entryways. Rather than repairing them, I vented the isolated spaces and bye-bye goes the boarding team. :D
Last edited by BrentMcNeil on Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOTMaelstrom

Postby SOTMaelstrom » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:28 am

Mad Diplomat wrote:Here is where I laughed the most :twisted:

I had a VERY nerve wrecking encounter near a sun. I won, but the solar flares and the enemy missiles / fire bombs really did a number on my ship. By the time the enemy was exploding, I had pretty much considered the shield room and all of the surrounding corridors lost since the fires were getting completely out of control. Just before I jumped, I moved all the crew to the other side of the ship and opened all the affected areas to space. JUMP!

As I arrive in the next area, a hostile Mantis immediately beams over a 2-man boarding party. But they materialized at the best possible spot - in the area that was completely on fire but at the same time the air was already almost completely sucked out. So they were both suffocating and being burned alive! Their health bars dropped so fast it was completely tragically comical :mrgreen:

I wish I could have gone the comm and let them know that they are welcome on my ship before they had died :D

WELCOME ABOARD MANTIS. ALL SYSTEMS ONLINE.
Mantis: Wait, what? *Dies*
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
stickman_king_28

Postby stickman_king_28 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:08 pm

My medbay was on fire and disabled, and shields were breached and crew hp was 1/3 roughly. I need the medbay to heal the crew, but it was on fire, and they put out fires before fixing, and died.
I always need help in one way or another, such as ship editing