Funiest Things You've Ever Done in FTL

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
Gurkenland

Re: Funiest Things You've Ever Done in FTL

Postby Gurkenland » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:09 pm

The funiest thing I can remember was having 4x Burst Laser MK II and an Auto-Loader by Sector 4.
I didn't even had to think about stealth, teleporter or that fancy stuff. Just shot everything (including Boss) to shreds within seconds :twisted:
Mranth0ny62

Postby Mranth0ny62 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:13 am

Ozei wrote:Got into random encounter in which slugs hack my O2 systems, but since it was L2 I managed to squeeze some extra power from it. So I got my revenge by destroying their O2 system and their engines, and since it was slug interceptor, they couldn't repair those so they couldn't jump AND they suffocated. I am so much of an asshole sometimes :twisted:

I always do that, it's so cruel and I love it! :twisted:
The Captain

Postby The Captain » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:01 pm

A funny thing happened on the way to Sector 8, playing the Kestrel. The enemy sent a Human to board; he landed in a midship empty room with double airlocks. So, of course, I opened them. Eventually, he shot through the door and moved into the next empty room - where an enemy missile took him out. I was too :o :lol: to take a pic.
FTLChangeMahLife

Postby FTLChangeMahLife » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:55 pm

This isn't as funny as it is sad, but alright.

I was using Mantis B and I got both the Stasis Pod and Zoltan Research Station event. Sadly, I couldn't get to the Rock homeworlds, but I had the Crystal Cruiser already so I used the Crystal in my 3 Mantis 1 Crystal boarding party. I ended up double leveling them all, they could decimate a room in seconds. I got to the boss and just when he was at 1 hull, I had all weapons charged, all of my boarders on his ship, the entire crew dead....

A fire I forgot about broke a system and I'm pretty sure I dented my forehead and/or desk.
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:07 pm

Ouch. :D That's how NOT to go down in a blaze of glory. ;)

At least you kinda won.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
JonasTheRoman

Postby JonasTheRoman » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:39 pm

Also, more silly than funny. ^^
I used the Osprey and was very happy about that artillery beam, really nice weapon!
Maybe you already know, what happened.
I had a boarding crew of the starting Mantis and a human, boarded an enemy vessel and... Suddenly that "nice little" artillery beam shot that ship into pieces, killing my crew :(

Then I bought a Slug, to use him together with another human as boarding crew. Not the best boarding crew and not leveled anymore, I thought (my Mantis had just achieved combat II), but they can do the job.

Some ships later I boarded again. Should I deactivate that artillery beam? Hmmm, no, maybe I will need it again.
My crew had no problems killing that Zoltans and Engis, already damaged by some nice fire and breaches.
I was near the win, when that ship was torn apart again, and for the second time my 2 boarders got killed...
So stupid.... 4 crewmembers lost.
Now I only have 4 Engis (the game offered me tons of Engis), 2 Zoltans, 1 human and the Rock left and am in sector 8...
So how to board?? The human is my pilot, and the rock is on the engines (stupid, I know).
Without evasion I have no chance vs the boss, without boarding I have no chance vs the boss...
Somehow I have to try to board with Zoltans and Engis. Shit. ^^

I hoped to be able to buy at least 1 more human, but when I reached the last lonely shop in sector 7, it offered crew,
but only Engis and Zoltans. I had to buy those 2, to at least have some quantity instead of quality boarding and defense... Lets try this, could be my second victory (could ^^).
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:08 pm

JonasTheRoman wrote:Also, more silly than funny. ^^
I used the Osprey and was very happy about that artillery beam, really nice weapon!
Maybe you already know, what happened.

No. How could we? You haven't said anything yet.
I had a boarding...

Oh, you beamed them to death? :D

I have a personal rule, and just don't buy a teleporter for any ship with an artillery beam. Makes for a fun game fighting the flagship with no boarders.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
Terminus

Postby Terminus » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:47 am

5thHorseman wrote:I have a personal rule, and just don't buy a teleporter for any ship with an artillery beam. Makes for a fun game fighting the flagship with no boarders.

I always try to pick one up by Sector 7 so I can take out that infernal missile launcher. Once thats taken care of I'm home free! (Except the drones... :'( )
JonasTheRoman

Postby JonasTheRoman » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:07 pm

I even managed to board with one Engi as "tank" and one Zoltan as "damaged dealer" :D
I was able to take out the missile launcher in the first battle, when my artillery---

Somehow I should have learned from before... :?
Anyway, with the gunner gone I was able to take out the missiles quickly in the next battles, so everything worked fine. Only lost like 4-5 hitpoints 8-)
So at least my 6 (!) crewmembers died for a good thing.
All in all I´ve bought 15 crewmembers in that one game! :D
JonasTheRoman

Postby JonasTheRoman » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:18 pm

Another strange thing, which just happened to me.
I was in a slug nebula, when they offered me to trade. I wanted some weaponry desperately, so I accepted, but they hacked my weapons, so I weren´t able to fight back. :o

Then, suddenly the game freezed, my fan became insane. The monitor went black, I wasn´t able to kill FTL´s progress, so I had to kill my PC by pressing the on-button for a long time.
That was kinda frightening. Never trade again with those slugs, I thought.
Then all lights in my room went black, I was sitting in pure darkness, only gloomy illuminated by my screen.
A power cut! Those slugs make me cry! :?

Somehow, I can´t believe this just happened! :shock: :D

What I learned: Save more often!

Edit: I just discovered, that I can´t even continue my game on yesterday´s position. Looked in the documents folder, no save there! Have to do everything again, I was already in sector 6! :cry: