An unfortunate transporter accident.

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
BirdofPrey

An unfortunate transporter accident.

Postby BirdofPrey » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:51 am

Space is dangerous and the job of the boarding party is an especially risk one.
I was wondering if anyone has any compelling tales of boarders who didn't come back alive.

My very last game I was in the Red Tail on normal and had stumbled upon a teleporter and another mantis quite early so life was good. Weapon selection was down right poor, though, so by the time I got to sector 6, I was sporting 3 basic lasers from the start and a glaive beam, but I did manage to pick up a crystal. I come up against a light cruiser and hammer on it a bit before sending the boarding party over, but I didn't do the lockdown soon enough and they got crew in the med bay before I could kill it, so i retreated and smashed the med bay with my guns. At this point I get the warning they are retreating. My plan is to hit the conn and drop the boarding party in there so they can;t repair, so I fire the lasers to deplete the shields then fire off the beam and port the boarding party over. They were more damaged than I though since I saw the enemy explode before the teleport animation finished.

CRAP
====
A few games ago I had finally made it to the boss in the Vortex (albeit on easy), but I was sporting a pretty good boarding party with a level 3 teleporter, 2 mantis a rock and a crystal. Everything went fine for the first phase then I get to the second. My weapons aren't too great, so after disabling the missile launcher and the beam with boarders, I send them to the enemy shield room. THey started getting beat up, so I decided to pull them out. SOP is to move them to another room for that last critical second while the pad finishes recharging, but I forgot the boss has upgraded doors, so the crystal is bashing on the door. I quickly assign all of the party to bash on the door, but when they are still in the room as the teleporter cooldown ends, I try to bring them back. Nothing happens. I try again and again nothing, so I realize you can;t teleport someone who is busting doors down and I quickly tell the party to go back to attacking the room they are in. I quickly bring them back and think to myself,' that was a close one' only to see the crystal crewman fall apart in the transporter room

*facepalm* I actually lost that boss fight after that; too many med bay games and I wasn't smart enough to take out the drone control.
space_commie

Re: An unfortunate transporter accident.

Postby space_commie » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:24 am

I've forgotten to turn of my cruiser artillery beam with a boarding party on board... a couple times.
Marinealver

Postby Marinealver » Sun May 19, 2013 8:16 am

I had sent a couple of crystal to the medbay of a mantis bomber only to forget to turn of my laser blasting it and thus destroying the ship. Then move on to fail in Sector 8.
Warp Drive or Hyperspace?
nimitz98

Postby nimitz98 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:18 am

In a run with the Basilisk, I accidentally killed my 3-mantis-1-slug boarding crew in the first stage of the Flagship battle with a missile. :cry: However, I had 4 crew members left, so I used two of them to take out the Flagship's missile launcher, then beat the carp out of it with my Pegasus missile and Burst Mk. III. I got my highest score ever. :lol:
lambaline

Postby lambaline » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:28 pm

space_commie wrote:I've forgotten to turn of my cruiser artillery beam with a boarding party on board... a couple times.

Genius!