A ton of spare scrap results in a 100% upgraded ship.

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
moeburn

A ton of spare scrap results in a 100% upgraded ship.

Postby moeburn » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:02 am

So I'm playing with that Mantis B ship on NORMAL mode with the four-person teleporter. And lucky me, in the first sector I get a chance to buy the Scrap Recovery Arm. It works best when you buy it early on. But super-lucky me, in sector 2 I get another one as the result of some battle. And then I visit a store and see a third, and I think "well hell, lets sell the Mantis Pheremones and see where this 30% scrap bonus takes us". And I made sure to eliminate the crew of every single ship I encountered that had crew.

And by the end, this is what I had:

And I didn't really need to spend any of it, because I already had fully upgraded Power Bars and no where to use them. But I spent all of it anyway. And I ended up with my first completely upgraded ship :)

And I lost on the 3rd part of the boss fight, because I stupidly forgot to teleport my 4 away team back before the ship asploded in part 2. So while I still had 4 crew to spare, they were weak-ass engi, and my weapons alone weren't enough to finish the guy. :(

ONE OF THESE DAYS, NORMAL BOSS! ONE OF THESE DAYS!!!
UltraMantis

Re: A ton of spare scrap results in a 100% upgraded ship.

Postby UltraMantis » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:41 am

Ouch. Cruel mistake there. Well it sounds like a fun run. You practically tasted victory there so it really will be one of these days. Best of luck. :)
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.