[FTL RP, WE'RE BACK, REBOOTED!] The Rogue Cadets

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
stylesrj

Re: [FTL RP, GAME BEGUN, CHARACTERS WELCOME!] The Rogue Cadets

Postby stylesrj » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:52 am

I thought the timeline was rather pre-Vanilla FTL.
As in, this is set before those events come into motion... so it's sort of our fault the Kestrel had all the problems like Giant Alien Spiders and the whatnot :D

Also, Trenchcoat is like an Indie Project AI that left home to see what was out there. The AI Avatars you see in CE and beyond are like mass-produced and a common sight and have some standardisation.
JakeCollins

Postby JakeCollins » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:04 am

stylesrj wrote:I thought the timeline was rather pre-Vanilla FTL.
As in, this is set before those events come into motion... so it's sort of our fault the Kestrel had all the problems like Giant Alien Spiders and the whatnot :D

Also, Trenchcoat is like an Indie Project AI that left home to see what was out there. The AI Avatars you see in CE and beyond are like mass-produced and a common sight and have some standardisation.

I don't exactly know what you mean by "those events" specifically. We are setting things into motion, like causing problems, I guess. (But I don't think we caused Giant Alien Spiders... OR DID WE?????? PLOT TWIST: WE ARE ALL ALIEN SPIDERS PRETENDING TO BE HUMAN/ZOLTAN/ENGI Nvm.)

Anyways, we do set things into motion. But what specifics did you have in mind?

Ok, so Trenchcoat isn't from the future. Maybe, he's the one who spawns the other AIs, who slowly evolve somewhat covertly into the Ais we know and love today. IDK, we'll see how the story unfolds! :mrgreen:
Me: Have you ever wanted to explore the galaxy... in a BANANA?
You: No.
Me: Well now you can! Click the link below for the one-and-only Banana Mod!
http://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32321
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:22 am

Well the Flagship is not even rumoured, hinted or mentioned and maybe after the events with the black hole weaponry, the Rebels pour their resources into the Flagship project. Then someone finds information and sends it to a Federation ship which is then delivered to Admiral Tully...
Also, Rockmen suddenly become a lot more known.

The way I see it is that AI's exist but not in great numbers and there is no "AI Homeworld" or something similar until much later in the war when AI's are being made, copied and pasted in large numbers to fulfil combat roles and then they go off and form their own nanobot sectors.

The Slug Pleasure Cruise was still firing a the Mutare as Jake and company were probably taking the controls and preparing to fight back while the Pelican was dealing with the Scarab's issues.
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:25 am

"Got in control, hey Pleasure Cruiser, How about I FUCK YOU IN THE ASS WITH THIS!" he called out firing a railgun shot right through it "Ass" AKA the engines
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
JakeCollins

Postby JakeCollins » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:21 am

"Ok guys, you firing at ME?" Jake screamed into the console. He powered up his OP weapons, and peppered the cruiser with shots from his super-advanced burst lasers.

Jake had previously noticed (from sensor data) that these futuristic weapons literally broke the molecular bonds in enemy hulls. He also noted how the Mature, and presumably other future-ships, had special alloys in their hulls that were not susceptible to this "dissolving" effect. Lucky for Jake, the weapons dissolved away: entire chunks of the cruisers' rocky surface vaporized into oblivion.

Jakes shots made the Hull Levels of the cruiser go to critical in the blink of an eye. Sarah finished them off with a single, well placed shot from the Sensor Stations "Fault Beam." (Remember that weapon? A nifty idea that I haven't really used in battle yet! Reminder: It's a weapon that is controlled from the Sensor Station. You use it to exploit faults in enemy ships, that are usually undetectable.)

As the cruiser broke apart, Jake told the Scarab to begin scrap collection. As things calmed down, he also requested a report on the scrap count of the Scarab. Then he messaged the Pelican, asking for an update on the progress of the Runabout project.
Me: Have you ever wanted to explore the galaxy... in a BANANA?
You: No.
Me: Well now you can! Click the link below for the one-and-only Banana Mod!
http://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32321
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:33 am

Eden put the Pelican on a salvage course with the Scarab to help with the collection of resources. She then said to Jake "We're just about finished. I'm going to check the wreckage to see if any weapons were left intact enough to mount on it but we should have a craft that's bigger than the shuttles and capable of taking on threats"

She sent the footage of the almost-completed machine. It resembled a Federation Scout ship with twin engines and the rounded hull, yet it was smaller in size; a single "wing" was mounted on the side; no doubt taken from the drone they had nabbed earlier. An approximation of the other "wing" was on the other side, built out of various ship hulls and hastily painted black.

"The wings can fold in space but when entering a planetary atmosphere, they can unfold and give flight similar to a glider" she continued "At least that's what my crew's telling me. If we find a nice planet with an atmosphere, we could test it out but otherwise, we've got a runabout."
Lux chimed in "Before you ask Jake, I'm flying the runabout on away missions. I could really use the flight-time..."
She pulled the seat back and leaned. "Besides... leather seats..."
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:49 am

Bren sighed a bit relaxing as he salvaged as much stuff....now to deal with the new member of his crew

He got up and walked to the drone bay to see both drones in the recharging docks

"So....can you understand me...who are you?" he asked the awakened drone, he didn't bring the device with him...he felt the drone could be trusted
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:56 am

The drone eagerly perked up at seeing Bren approach. Its eyes flashed an image of Trenchcoat and it said "I'm Trenchcoat, daddy! Unless you want me to go by another name? I like other names too."
It spun on its axis with its single wheel and added "Did you get shiny things? I like shiny things! I can help fix shiny things you find!"

New augment acquired... Repair Arm... probably want to sell that :P
Ok probably not but hey why not have the ability to manufacture new warheads and drone parts from Scrap?
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:04 am

stylesrj wrote:The drone eagerly perked up at seeing Bren approach. Its eyes flashed an image of Trenchcoat and it said "I'm Trenchcoat, daddy! Unless you want me to go by another name? I like other names too."
It spun on its axis with its single wheel and added "Did you get shiny things? I like shiny things! I can help fix shiny things you find!"

New augment acquired... Repair Arm... probably want to sell that :P
Ok probably not but hey why not have the ability to manufacture new warheads and drone parts from Scrap?

He smiled a bit and crouched down, "Alright then, I'm your daddy...but we have to set up rules...what you did was brave to get us out of there, but you can't fly the ship, if you fly it in a certain way you can hurt everyone on board, do you understand?"
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:17 am

The drone seemed to understand, in its childish manner; it seemed really eager however to consider flying the ship again but its programming for repairs took greater priority and it seemed more interested in the scrap material that had been recovered.

Meanwhile Lux was talking to Kyrie over the comms "So it seems our game didn't pan out so well... do you think there will be a next time though?"
She kicked back on the runabout's chair "And if so, do you think you'll have something more substantial to bet?"
This ship needs a name... but what to call the runabout... she thought to herself, They named their runabouts in Captain Awesome after famous starship scientists... so maybe something along those lines...