One final chance: An FTL-RP

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
stylesrj

Re: One final chance: An FTL-RP

Postby stylesrj » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:23 am

Tabitha headed for the shield room as the pirates fired upon the ship.
"What the hell am I doing in here?" she wondered as the barriers fluctuated. One of the generators started faltering as it tried to regenerate the lost bubble. Tabitha remembered a very basic technique on repairing unknown systems that the Federation Academy unofficially taught her when the climate regular went down.
She took out her multitool and gave the generator a good smack with the wrench form. The machine stopped sputtering and went back into normal operation.
"Heeeey" she commented, then looked to the operation console "That didn't seem so hard."
"Aaaand I think I'm going to need the instruction manual" she added grabbing a bulky datapad from underneath. The device was resting on top of an even thicker device. "Instruction Manual for the Instruction Manual? Well this can't be more complicated than Flonarg Thermidor..."
I_am_person

Postby I_am_person » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:03 pm

Cathos immediately noticed the speed and agility increase in the ship. With the gleefulness of a child, he thrusted forward, coming at a perfect stop near the enemy ship with a few maneuvers.

"I still can't dodge at this range, though, so flak it pretty damn quickly."

————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Nazia stood at the airlock, her question forever unanswered. Slightly annoyed, she went out onto the hull herself, latching into a nearby prong. Positioning herself with the form of an Olympic swimmer, she pushed off and tumbled in space, landing on the pilot room. Steadying herself, she held onto a crevice with one hand and took out her cutting ram with the other. She couldn't just phase through with the ram, so she'd have to break in. Jabbing the sharp part into the hull, she bent the metal, creating a hole big enough for her to jump in.

She was greeted by the sight of the captain, a middle aged man who looked like he hadn't shaved in a year. After a moment of confusion he fumbled around for his gun. Nazia feigned a lunge at him, who immediately abandoned the idea of his gun and put his hands up in defense. Instead of impaling him, though, she turned and rammed the blade into the wall, causing another breach. While the captain was confused, he soon realized it was getting difficult to breathe. Understanding what Nazia was trying to do, he attempted to run out the door. Alas, Nazia expected this and with a flourish, nailed his foot to the ground as he brushed by. As any normal human being would do with their foot bolted to the ground, he tripped, hitting the ground with a crash. Although he tried to break free by flailing around, once even trying to cut his own foot off, his efforts were in vain. He had no last words, as they were silenced by the nothingness of space that had rushed in.

Nazia looked at the shriveled up form of the corpse, and started to pull the blade out when she felt a blaster shot on her back. She swirled around, her ram still stuck in the ground. A young recuit in a flak-riddled red shirt faced her in the other room, pistol drawn. Before he could get another shot off, she pivoted around her ram, using it as cover. While it wasn't much, it gave her time. She didn't need to confront him, anyway, the air rushed out of the other room as well, forcing him to close the door. Only a level two. Pathetic.

Taking her ram out of the ground, she turned it, mace side forward. She charged into the door, causing a huge dent. She smiled as a satisfying gasp resounded from the other room, followed by frantic footsteps. Pulling back, she held her ram vertically, with both hands at the end. Swinging it like a baseball bat, she burst through the door. She took a second to look around, her smile brightening.

"How convenient, it's the door room."

Two minutes later, she left the ship, leaving behind a man on his knees, whose cries for mercy were promptly silenced.
Injustice Rains From Above!
Chickengames

Postby Chickengames » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:04 pm

Kr saw the airlock open from his position in door control, accompanied by Nazia's icon on the screen leaving the ship. A few minutes later she returned, coming in the same airlock. Kr closed it behind her. "How was the hunt, lanius?"
elijahdb

Postby elijahdb » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:18 pm

"No need to fire, Cathos." Targon responded, "Looks like Nazia has it under control."
I've created Type C Hulls for the enemy Mantis, Slug, Rock, and Zoltan ships, and anyone can use these for a mod.
Check out the details here.
I_am_person

Postby I_am_person » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:27 pm

elijahdb wrote:"No need to fire, Cathos." Targon responded, "Looks like Nazia has it under control."

Well I said that the last guy's shirt was flak-ridden because he was the weapons guy so I assumed that you'd... Actually it was pretty subtle. I mean if you don't want to write it I wouldn't mind.
Injustice Rains From Above!
elijahdb

Postby elijahdb » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:59 pm

You wanted me to fire, right? (I'm terrible at catching stuff like that, by the way. I have no idea why..)
I would've had Targon fire but Nazia was in the ship. To me firing on a ship while a crew is on board is a bad idea. They might get killed. I will edit my post though, if you want me to. Sorry for the inconvenience on my part.
I've created Type C Hulls for the enemy Mantis, Slug, Rock, and Zoltan ships, and anyone can use these for a mod.
Check out the details here.
dyno101

Postby dyno101 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:02 pm

"Well, that was certainly entertaining! Thanks for that. Now then, I'm going to send all of you the files while the FTL drive spins."

Quintet sent them all files containing all the compiled information and proof about the pirate scheme of the rebels.

"In essence, those pirates are a one-way contact to head rebel forces, especially if we can preserve one of the communication systems. It would make for an interesting and useful tool to have."

Now then, Quintet thought, I need to see how they hid their identity so well.

"I'm going to be going over to the ship and manually scanning it. For some reason, they could hide from the scanners quite well, and if this happens to be some new rebel technology, I need to get a scanner ready to use against it."

After he managed to get a drone onto the ship, one look on the ship's hard-drive revealed the reason why they could avoid scans. He quickly ran to the back of the ship and began to drill to the inner hull of the ship. Once he was in, he used some scanning to figure out its contents.

The inner hull was stocked with massive amounts of substances aligned in a very familiar way, with two liquid substances seeming to be ready to flow into a solid one.

So that's why the rebels thought this would work.
"There isn't good or bad. There's just insane."
"Blamsauce!"
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:44 am

Tabitha was still examining the shield manuals when the new intel came in.
"I see. So the the pirate ships are not captured Rebellion vessels and repainted... they're actually gifts" she remarked, looking over the data "Plausible deniability. If someone were to say that a bunch of Rebels raided their colony, they can blame it on pirates and then justify the liberation to the people."
She remembered when the Rebels arrived at her colony. It did not have a lot of Federation security, especially after the pirate raids. "But once the Rebels came, suddenly pirates moved to other colonies and harassed them, despite having the same security as the Federation did."
dyno101

Postby dyno101 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:09 pm

"They're not just hunting out colonies, they're hunting us. They aimed to stop us and other major resistors by giving them 'gifts' like a new ship which was actually equipped to be a bomb. Thankfully, that crew was much too caught up in being suffocated to contact the rebellion. We could use these materials, however. They work very well on upgrading the generator. To reassure you, we won't be blown up. The rebels knew that there was a risk factor. Since the pirates didn't know their ship was equipped to destroy us at all costs, they would be more focused on killing them for the bounty that they get than contacting the rebels, as they only got the bounty if the ship was destroyed. It was, however, better than them knowing, because then.. well, pirates aren't suicidal. I hope."

Quintet got some of the materials from the bomb, downloaded the kill list, and continued back to the ship to install the new materials into the generator. While his drone did that, he looked over the kill list that he had installed. It contained the names of many important resistance leaders, but one thing caught his eye.

Wait... Quintet thought, Why am I on here?
"There isn't good or bad. There's just insane."
"Blamsauce!"
Chickengames

Postby Chickengames » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:36 pm

As soon as the two ships docked, Kr went over to the other ship to help with salvaging. He avoided the pilot's station because of the breaches, and instead went to the storage bay to see what he could find. The amount of scrap that was down there was immense, but it was all organized onto shelves and in containers. Targon would be in heaven here Kr walked up and down the rows of shelves with no idea what any of the parts were for. At the back there was a table with a light and more parts on it. Some were familiar, but he couldn't remember what they were from. Kr then glanced to the right and saw what looked to be a head and a mangled body. He approached it with caution and lifted it up, revealing to be..... Steve's head?