One final chance: An FTL-RP

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
I_am_person

Re: One final chance: An FTL-RP

Postby I_am_person » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:47 pm

Cathos looked in disdain as most of the engi ships started to rapidly flee the sector. He didn't have time to dwadle on them for long, though, as a heavy laser shot flew from the pirate ship. Hastily grabbing the controls, he jolted the ship to the side with a sudden engine burst. He wasn't familiar with the engine power of the ship, so while he did dodge the laser, the engines took a toll.

"This crusier's slower than a cargo ship." He said, as he powered down the afterburner and decreased the speed, making the ship stable again to prepare for the pirate's next shot.

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Nazia woke up, the room devoid of people. They must've jumped, she thought, as Targon was nowhere to be found. She stood up, taking the wires off of her. Looking around, she found her headset and went over to pick it up, passing the monitor that said, "Scan Complete" on the way. Right as she put it on her head, the ship jolted and Cathos saying, "This cruiser is slower than a cargo ship" resounded in her head. Because of her programming, she immediately understood the situation.

"Who are we fighting?"
Last edited by I_am_person on Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:35 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Injustice Rains From Above!
elijahdb

Postby elijahdb » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:40 am

Targon rushed to the weapons, quickly activating the Tactical Burst Laser and Flak gun. "Right, where do I shoot, Tabi- I mean Cathos?"

He looked through the ship's outside cameras at the passing Engi ships and inwardly wished for a second he could ask the Engies a favor, maybe they could dona- Then he caught himself. This is getting serious.. I think I have a problem.

"Cathos, I've done a full scan on the ship and they have a small Laser MK1. It's off right now, because they're using a Heavy Laser and an Ion Blast. Watch out for that."
Last edited by elijahdb on Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I've created Type C Hulls for the enemy Mantis, Slug, Rock, and Zoltan ships, and anyone can use these for a mod.
Check out the details here.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:46 am

Ummm, we're just fighting a pirate ship that's using a Rebel Fighter but painted in pirate colours.
The Engi freighters are poorly-armed and not looking to get involved in the battle.
I_am_person

Postby I_am_person » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:56 am

This might sound bitchy but please just read everything that came after your last post? Apologies if this causes mortification. Anyway, we're going along with it and killing all the engi too? :D :D

Actually, in all seriousness, if you can make Targon have been taking a nap or something and acted on impulse to shoot the weapons at the wrong ship, it's plausible that one of the engi stayed behind and fought after seeing that our ship fired at them. IMO it would make for a more interesting battle, with crew confused about who to target and what to do.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:10 pm

Or how about we keep it simple? It's a pirate battle. Can we please not complicate matters too much with who killed who?
elijahdb

Postby elijahdb » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:40 pm

*facepalm*

Fixed. My apologies.
I've created Type C Hulls for the enemy Mantis, Slug, Rock, and Zoltan ships, and anyone can use these for a mod.
Check out the details here.
I_am_person

Postby I_am_person » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:34 pm

Simplicity is fine too.

Cathos mentally noted Targon's advice, but when the ion blast hit the ship after the heavy laser, harmlessly hitting an empty room, he smirked and relaxed.

"Well, they're pretty stupid for not using it, even if it does less damage. Because right now they won't be able to hurt us for a while, especially since their weapons man seems to have put everything on autofire and called it a day." He inspected the enemy ship closer, making some quick calculations.

"I'll move our ship in real close. While it'll reduce our ability to dodge, it'll reduce their evasion too; and since they can't hurt us, this'll be a steamroll. Let's just hope they don't have a teleporter..."
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:52 pm

And now that Tabitha is no longer the pilot, I'm not sure what her action station is on the ship :D
Would she be shuffled towards Doors or put with the boarding teams? Or the fact that there are now two Lanius onboard means that any other boarding team is unnecessary?

Dyno, maybe the opening post could be updated with the list of current characters and their roles on the ship and any available ones because I'm really drawing a blank here.
Maybe also have a list of ship systems we do have. Do we have a teleporter or do we still use jetpacks and Lanius like badasses?

Suddenly pineapples! And a teleporter!

At least Tabitha thought as much as soon as Cathos has said it. But instead of the sounds of intruder alerts, there were just the usual sounds a ship makes when moving in combat.
"Moving in close? Are we going to board them sir?" Tabitha asked.
I_am_person

Postby I_am_person » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:57 pm

stylesrj wrote:And now that Tabitha is no longer the pilot, I'm not sure what her action station is on the ship :D
Would she be shuffled towards Doors or put with the boarding teams? Or the fact that there are now two Lanius onboard means that any other boarding team is unnecessary?

Dyno, maybe the opening post could be updated with the list of current characters and their roles on the ship and any available ones because I'm really drawing a blank here.
Maybe also have a list of ship systems we do have. Do we have a teleporter or do we still use jetpacks and Lanius like badasses?

Suddenly pineapples! And a teleporter!

At least Tabitha thought as much as soon as Cathos has said it. But instead of the sounds of intruder alerts, there were just the usual sounds a ship makes when moving in combat.
"Moving in close? Are we going to board them sir?" Tabitha asked.

I'm 90% sure there's nobody in shields, so maybe you can make Tabitha walk in and have a little bit of a, "wtf am I doing" or something of the sort before integrating into the role. As for the teleporter, I'm certain that we don't have one yet.

"Boarding?" Cathos asked, as the ship moved in closer. He thought for a moment.

"I mean, I suppose, if Nazia and Ark are up for it. We should still flak their weapons, though, as this is point blank range and they're going to be able to pierce our shields their next volley."

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Nazia, having already prepared for something of the sort, had already grabbed her weapon. She hadn't properly boarded a ship in a while, so she was admittedly excited about the endeavor.

"So do I just jump off?" She asked, already at an airlock.
dyno101

Postby dyno101 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:02 am

(I could update the opening post, but I_am_person has it right. We have no shield operator.)

Quintet quickly noticed the pirates had battle intentions.

"You think this thing is slower than a cargo? Let me help you."

Quintet got as many engine-assisting programs as he could from the database and had them find out the problem. He knew this mini-cruiser was designed to sacrifice pure power for the ability to maneuver much better than an actual cruiser, and it was quickly revealed the impulse engines were taking in power inefficiently, and managed to get them back to peak condition.

"This should work better. Sorry about that, just haven't had a bit of combat to remind me of the impulses engines in a while. I'll stand guard for boarders, just stay focused."

Quintet powered up a drone and quickly equipped its weapons, and as the automatic scan returned, it was revealed that all the sensors were only detecting the capacity for different systems rather than the systems themselves.

This, with the lack of loot detected, is getting extremely strange. Something's off.

Quintet looked up this ship in the database. It revealed they were hunting for the rebels. In essence, they were just wandering and hoping they encountered someone on an extensive kill list, any one of which had a bounty capable of putting any pirate into retirement in luxury. Looking into this further showed that the rebels had employed hundreds of pirates, knowing that not one of them could actually destroy any of the ships, and therefore luring them to their dooms with dreams of luxury. All the rebels wanted the constant pirate attacks would eventually result in a ship's destruction or reveal.

"...Well, I just found out some very interesting things that we have no worries about. Might be good to know, though. I'll tell you when the battle ends. No boarders yet."

(The pirate thing doesn't have to be too complicated. I just thought it might be a cool reason for the occasional pirate encounters.)
"There isn't good or bad. There's just insane."
"Blamsauce!"