[FTL RP, WE'RE BACK, REBOOTED!] The Rogue Cadets

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
TheLonelyAI

Re: [FTL RP, GAME BEGUN] The Rogue Cadets

Postby TheLonelyAI » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:15 pm

Lamina wrote:I'm sorry but it seemed this didn't work to well for me. I wont be able to keep these rapid posts going - maybe in the weekend - but that wouldn't work for anyone else. I was about to write a really long passage to explain all my actions, but that didn't seem to be very RP-friendly. I don't think it'd be very fun if I wrote a short post each day - I would be fine with it, but you'll loose the interactivity. (Suddenly Don appears!) Eyesight, you can either consider Don dead or use him as a npc. If I someone can continue do tell, and I'll tag along, otherwise:

As the laser blast struck the medbay a large steel plate loosely welded to the celling fell on Don. Decapitating his head in a gory display.

That's rather unfortunate, now there's one less crew member on the ship, still I understand where you're coming from and I wish you the best of luck.
Farewell!

WOL couldn't help but stare at this peculiar young lady. She had suffered wounds that, although not fatal, were rather grisly and would send any others that could've received them into a panicked state. She, however, was an exception, and kept a cheerful attitude. WOL had a feeling that there was something more to her, but shrugged it off for now. "Yes you're right, it would be a shame if the ship were to catch on fire" WOL and her exited the medbay so that they wouldn't be suffocating to death once the airlock s open.

WOL had just walked out of the med room, when the Captain's voice rang out of the intercom. He had announced that a fellow crew member had died, "Don" was his name. WOL thought back, he vaguely remembered meeting a Don, but had not had many interactions with the man. This loss hadn't affected him much, but he still felt a pang of sadness.

The Captain had also asked someone to pilot the Engines, WOL returned to the Engine room and responded through the intercom. "I'll take up this post Captain" responded WOL. Waiting for confirmation, WOL realized something through Don's death. He realized just how little experience and qualifications for space travel they collectively shared, and the thin fragility of his own life.
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:50 pm

TheLonelyAI wrote:
Lamina wrote:I'm sorry but it seemed this didn't work to well for me. I wont be able to keep these rapid posts going - maybe in the weekend - but that wouldn't work for anyone else. I was about to write a really long passage to explain all my actions, but that didn't seem to be very RP-friendly. I don't think it'd be very fun if I wrote a short post each day - I would be fine with it, but you'll loose the interactivity. (Suddenly Don appears!) Eyesight, you can either consider Don dead or use him as a npc. If I someone can continue do tell, and I'll tag along, otherwise:

As the laser blast struck the medbay a large steel plate loosely welded to the celling fell on Don. Decapitating his head in a gory display.

That's rather unfortunate, now there's one less crew member on the ship, still I understand where you're coming from and I wish you the best of luck.
Farewell!

WOL couldn't help but stare at this peculiar young lady. She had suffered wounds that, although not fatal, were rather grisly and would send any others that could've received them into a panicked state. She, however, was an exception, and kept a cheerful attitude. WOL had a feeling that there was something more to her, but shrugged it off for now. "Yes you're right, it would be a shame if the ship were to catch on fire" WOL and her exited the medbay so that they wouldn't be suffocating to death once the airlock s open.

WOL had just walked out of the med room, when the Captain's voice rang out of the intercom. He had announced that a fellow crew member had died, "Don" was his name. WOL thought back, he vaguely remembered meeting a Don, but had not had many interactions with the man. This loss hadn't affected him much, but he still felt a pang of sadness.

The Captain had also asked someone to pilot the Engines, WOL returned to the Engine room and responded through the intercom. "I'll take up this post Captain" responded WOL. Waiting for confirmation, WOL realized something through Don's death. He realized just how little experience and qualifications for space travel they collectively shared, and the thin fragility of his own life.

Bren sighed a bit upset with the loss of one of the crew mates, "I'll keep the weapon bay up and operational" he said returing to his post
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
Chickengames

Postby Chickengames » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:18 pm

Sorry to see you go, I think everyone was trying to keep up with themselves too. I know I was having to come back to this like every 30 minutes or so.

TheLonelyyAI wrote:The Captain had also asked someone to pilot the Engines

Wasn't Don on weapons?

Hearing Lux's voice over the intercom relived Kyrie, and she left her station to go help with repairs. Luxanna's cheerfulness about the situation was strange. Ive never seen someone so happy about everything. Maybe she's on something... Now that medbay had been destroyed and put back together, it looked even more ramshackle than before.

Kyrie's heart was still thumping after narrowly escaping the Feds as she went back to shields. On the way there she saw Don's headless body being put into the airlock. The captain was just making the announcement on the comms. Her eyes widened and she felt nauseous, but couldn't take her eyes off Don. The feeling got worse and Kyrie braced herself against the wall, holding her stomach. The doors closed and Don's body floated off. She went over the airlock window and watched him disappear into the nebula. Kyrie hadn't known him until they started planning this mission, but Don's death meant more than a lost crewman. It meant now they could never go back.
JakeCollins

Postby JakeCollins » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:46 pm

Oops, yeah. I screwed that up. Anyhow, someone needs to take over Don's position

"Let's all convene in the medbay (now that it's repaired) to discuss options. Remember, this entire sector is Federation controlled. We need to get out of here (Into uncharted space, or even Rebel space) We will discuss a plan in the medbay together." Jake walked down to the medbay, where he saw the others.
Me: Have you ever wanted to explore the galaxy... in a BANANA?
You: No.
Me: Well now you can! Click the link below for the one-and-only Banana Mod!
http://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32321
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:52 pm

Yeah, I don't like having to rush something together quickly. Especially on weekdays while I'm at work. Very distracting.

Lux took a deep breath as the Medbay vented out. She smiled at the Engi who went in to check on her before returning to the room once the fires had been cleared.
"Let's see what the damages are" she mused, taking out her multitool. Mother said to never leave home without it. You never know when you need to do spot-welding, tightening a bolt or accessing a control panel behind a lock, she thought to herself. The equipment was old and already starting to fall apart; she tried to remember her training but even then the oldest equipment used in the exercises and on most of the ships she travelled on were more modern than the 80 year-old clunker's facilities.
I'd might as well be hitting it like a Rockman from Vrachos IV, she added to her thoughts, hammering her multitool into one of the machines and breaking open a control panel.
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:09 pm

Eyesight Technology wrote:Oops, yeah. I screwed that up. Anyhow, someone needs to take over Don's position

"Let's all convene in the medbay (now that it's repaired) to discuss options. Remember, this entire sector is Federation controlled. We need to get out of here (Into uncharted space, or even Rebel space) We will discuss a plan in the medbay together." Jake walked down to the medbay, where he saw the others.

Bren went to the med bay and sighed, 'Lost one already, so whats the plan everyone?" he asked leaning against the wall

"Glad we didn't have to fire on the federation, but its clear the option to run won't be in the cards"
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
TheLonelyAI

Postby TheLonelyAI » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:16 pm

Eyesight Technology wrote:Oops, yeah. I screwed that up. Anyhow, someone needs to take over Don's position

Just a question but is there such a thing as posting too often? I don't want you guys to feel like I'm rushing you along, if you feel that way then I'll tone down the posts a bit.

WOL complied with the Captain's instructions, and followed suit into the medbay. Once seated at the medbay, WOL took this time to reflect on the situation. He thought about all the problems that they currently had, and the most logical course of action required to solve those problems.

All the while, the lady he met earlier was working to fix the machinery. WOL thought back to earlier when he saw her, he still felt as if there was more to her than meets the eye.
WOL stood up and walked towards her, wishing to help. "Err..." He began akwardly, he never really talked to other people outside of tasks. "Miss, may I help you with that?
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:45 pm

As Lux tried to figure out the wires of one of the medical devices, she was aware that everyone had gathered in the medbay for their next course of action. She glanced at the Engi and said "Knock yourself out. You probably can recall the schematics from your databanks." She almost handed the Engi her multi-tool before remembering that they were already built as of such.

"I don't know about you guys but I think we should get more distance between us and the museum" Lux suggested, leaning on a counter "As per regulations, that ship has already called for backup."
Her mind flashed back to what happened a scant few minutes earlier. She had just left the medbay when parts of the ceiling caved in and crushed Don. We've already lost someone getting out of here. Who's going to be next? Will I be seeing my mother soon? she thought to herself, looking at her wounds and the blood on her hands. "I'm fine. If we can get that equipment repaired, we can all be as cheery."
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:52 pm

stylesrj wrote:As Lux tried to figure out the wires of one of the medical devices, she was aware that everyone had gathered in the medbay for their next course of action. She glanced at the Engi and said "Knock yourself out. You probably can recall the schematics from your databanks." She almost handed the Engi her multi-tool before remembering that they were already built as of such.

"I don't know about you guys but I think we should get more distance between us and the museum" Lux suggested, leaning on a counter "As per regulations, that ship has already called for backup."
Her mind flashed back to what happened a scant few minutes earlier. She had just left the medbay when parts of the ceiling caved in and crushed Don. We've already lost someone getting out of here. Who's going to be next? Will I be seeing my mother soon? she thought to herself, looking at her wounds and the blood on her hands. "I'm fine. If we can get that equipment repaired, we can all be as cheery."

"Yeah, at least in this nebula we can hide out for a bit, however..." he looked out the window to the outside seeing nothing but "fog"

'Pirates loving hiding out here, either for ambushes or smuggling, we should keep our weapons online just in case" he said, 'So if you need me I'll be in the weapon bay making sure we don't get caught with our pants down.' he said walking out and activating the two lasers, keeping an eye out for any targets just in case.

(I suppose anyone joining in could either be new recruits or enemy vessels, just a thought)
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:57 pm

Just want to add that right now we all seem to be interacting with each other as if we have little idea who everyone is when in reality, we've been planning the heist for a while and we should know who we all are because well we've been at the Academy, probably in the same dorm and working together.

"This is great and all Captain... but it's nothing like Hide & Seek on the Mynabird. Remember that?"
"Oh man, that Don! He'd get into all sorts of crazy trouble back when we first started! Bad way to go though. I'm afraid for our future now..."

Stuff like that.
Actually I guess what I'm suggesting here is that I should be doing that sort of thing... but I'm too afraid to step on toes and/or force someone to have certain backstory elements they don't want or fit their character.
Should I go ahead with that plan?