One final chance: An FTL-RP

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
kestrelfan

Re: One final chance: An FTL-RP

Postby kestrelfan » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:00 pm

drk activated the absorbers, all of a sudden the air rushed out of the room derk said over the coms he was going to beeline twoards the weapons room to stop the intruders...derk grabs his gauss mg and heads twoards the weapons room
Last edited by kestrelfan on Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dont Call it a comeback, I've been here for years

I just surf the forums for new mods and nostalgia at this point, that's about it
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:56 pm

"Careful there. You don't want get Targon killed" Tabitha said as she moved the ship sharply away from an incoming missile strike.
The pirate ship Captain shouted over the coms "Yarr! I be the Dread Pirate Tuco's father's brother's nephew's cousin's former cabin boy! Prepare to die!"
Suddenly the Zoltan materialised in front of her. "You must be the pilot. Don't mind if I shut down your controls."
"Actually, I do mind" Tabitha replied, pointing a blaster at the Zoltan.
"Careful now Human, I could easily overload..."
Tabitha charged up the blaster and held it at point-blank range "I've got a good healthcare plan in case this explodes in my face. What about you?"
He went to zap himself back into the controls when Tabitha fired, sending the energy being into shock. Before he had a chance to recover himself though, the pilot planted several more shots into the being before the blaster overheated. She discarded the weapon and grabbed the long piece of railing she used as a polearm.
The Zoltan didn't seem to take being shot lightly though as he recomposed himself and sent lightning through the weapon, causing it to crackle and burn from the heat.
Tabitha didn't realise it had also burned her hands (nor did she feel any pain) as she swung it at the Zoltan and knocked him to the ground. As the being went to try another blast however, she dropped the railing on the alien and pressed down on it hard, finally killing the energy being.

Then she started shouting and cursing in pain as her hands started to hurt. Just like that time that idiot Zipnar left the deep fryer on...
SciGuy303

Postby SciGuy303 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:10 am

Upon hearing that there are intruders in the weapons system Arkangel morphed with the ground and made his way to the weapons room.
Sorry about me not being able to write anything else, I'm at school :lol:
I do random stuff and surf on the fourms. That's about it.
dyno101

Postby dyno101 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:24 pm

"AYA! AYA! This is not prison and I swear to god I will kill you like I kill my hostages if you don't put that out right now! You die, I D- I mean, you die. Now then! Intruder in the computer system, eh? He's now-"

A loud firing sound came from the weapons room.

"...Dead by plasma welder. Wow, these things are better than my old energy shanks. Not better than the fizzle pistol though! Ah, taking over federation bases..
Right. I've got a fight bot on my repair drone and I'm making sure none of the zoltans hack any systems."

Quintet thought about their new crew-member. He had no idea of Quintet's history or power. He needed a briefing of his own.

"Aya! New guy! Get a headset from the gear room so I can stop using the speakerphones and revealing info to our enemies. It's off by the oxy systems."
"There isn't good or bad. There's just insane."
"Blamsauce!"
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:37 pm

"While I would agree we shouldn't reveal our plans to the pirates, they're too brain-addled to make-use of the information" Tabitha said to Quintet.
"Brain-addled?" the Pirate Captain shouted over the comms "You should know that I studied Shakespeare!"
"See what I mean" Tabitha remarked "I bet he's read Machiavelli and well."
"I have and I don't see what the fuss is all about with him. I quite enjoyed The Prince."
"You know he wrote other books that were not essentially "Don't kill me" Fiction" Tabitha grumbled as she positioned the ship for the ASB. Even without someone operating the Weapons Room, there was some manual control from the helm that used the onboard targeting software.
She fired at the pirate ship and disabled the shields with the blast, followed by a barrage of flak at the shieldless enemy; other guns were currently disabled by the boarders wreaking havoc while Targon and the Lanius were fighting them off

"A lucky shot! But you will not burn another!" the pirate Captain declared as an explosion sounded behind him - a fire had taken out his engines.
"You wanna bet?" Tabitha asked just as suddenly a Leto missile smashed straight into the helm, setting the room on fire and causing a hull breach and knocking the pilot out of her seat.
Last edited by stylesrj on Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
elijahdb

Postby elijahdb » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:03 am

Targon never installed the Ion Cannon.. The ship has a Flak I, a Tactical Burst Laser II and a mini-ASB. You may want to edit your post to fit the weapons description.
And our newest RPer has a girl character, not a guy.
I've created Type C Hulls for the enemy Mantis, Slug, Rock, and Zoltan ships, and anyone can use these for a mod.
Check out the details here.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:33 am

There we are. The ASB destroyed the enemy shields since Artillery is a separate system. And she used the Flak to attack the enemy.
I assumed the ion cannon was installed because well, wouldn't that be done in-game or off-camera between picking up the gun and going to the store? Just like all repairs are to be assumed to be completed before jumping away unless it's an emergency?
elijahdb

Postby elijahdb » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:58 am

Hm.. you have a point. For now on, never assume Targon has installed a weapon until I actually describe him installing it.
I've created Type C Hulls for the enemy Mantis, Slug, Rock, and Zoltan ships, and anyone can use these for a mod.
Check out the details here.
kestrelfan

Postby kestrelfan » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:43 pm

*over coms* tabitha!? tabitha!? guys hold em off why i get tabitha to the medbay derk says * closes absorbsers* *morphs into piloting and drags tabitha down the hall to the medbay*
Dont Call it a comeback, I've been here for years

I just surf the forums for new mods and nostalgia at this point, that's about it
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:51 pm

Tabitha groaned and strained to get to her feet as fires raged all around her. She went to grab the emergency extinguisher when suddenly a Lanius entered the room, possibly seeking her out; her comms were blaring loudly. "Take care of the fires, I'm going to the medbay" she shouted over the roaring flames, her legs straining to get her moving "Don't worry about me... I've seen swampcrabs hit harder than that missile..."

It is after all a Leto Missile. They don't do much damage but in this case, it did the worst possible... which is annoying but not "Oh crap! Breach Missile!" danger

As she walked, she could hear a slight whirring noise and she wondered if that Engi was nearby. She was probably leaving a small trail of blood as pieces of shrapnel had been lodged in her knee. Hopefully that won't affect my hunting career after all this...