[FTL RP, WE'RE BACK, REBOOTED!] The Rogue Cadets

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
stylesrj

Re: [FTL RP, WE'RE BACK, REBOOTED!] The Rogue Cadets

Postby stylesrj » Thu May 10, 2018 9:19 pm

JakeCollins wrote:I might be forgetting something important... Why does Lux think Sarah has some secret (somewhat sinister) intel inside her?

When dealing with something so shadowy that Jake only refers to as "The Silence" it's probably a reasonable precaution to make sure the AI from the future isn't going to engage "Human Eradication Mode" if they get too close to finding the secrets. Also, you probably glossed over this a page or two ago:

stylesrj wrote:Lux looked back at Jake as he headed towards the Scarab "Inform me of any injuries that can't be treated on the field; setting up and callibrating this laser won't be easy, so I can't just leave to deal with a headache or a broken arm."
As soon as the doors sealed though, she looked towards the console "Sarah, are you sure there hasn't been any changes in the singularity? Is there a hidden protocol file in your databanks that can only be opened by the CEO of some company in the future because they were paranoid that something would upset their monopoly?"
Like in that one episode of Captain Awesome... she thought to herself, amused at how many things were lining up with her favourite TV show, although they usually gloss over the long waiting periods when it comes to stellar anomalies...
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Fri May 11, 2018 7:09 am

Kyrie wrote:Grom if there’s anything I can do to help with them just let me know.

Grom finished doing adjustments to the medbay before answering Kyrie's question “Thanks for asking, but I doubt it. If you have some expert scientific knowledge to help concoct medicine for Ruwen that would be excellent.”
ImageImage
JakeCollins

Postby JakeCollins » Sun May 13, 2018 3:27 am

stylesrj wrote:
JakeCollins wrote:I might be forgetting something important... Why does Lux think Sarah has some secret (somewhat sinister) intel inside her?

When dealing with something so shadowy that Jake only refers to as "The Silence" it's probably a reasonable precaution to make sure the AI from the future isn't going to engage "Human Eradication Mode" if they get too close to finding the secrets. Also, you probably glossed over this a page or two ago:

stylesrj wrote:Lux looked back at Jake as he headed towards the Scarab "Inform me of any injuries that can't be treated on the field; setting up and callibrating this laser won't be easy, so I can't just leave to deal with a headache or a broken arm."
As soon as the doors sealed though, she looked towards the console "Sarah, are you sure there hasn't been any changes in the singularity? Is there a hidden protocol file in your databanks that can only be opened by the CEO of some company in the future because they were paranoid that something would upset their monopoly?"
Like in that one episode of Captain Awesome... she thought to herself, amused at how many things were lining up with her favourite TV show, although they usually gloss over the long waiting periods when it comes to stellar anomalies...

I noticed, I just decided to wait to ask...

Jake proceeded to the starboard window. The black sand had thinned out a little, so Jake could spy some shilloutes of the URU Lanius fleet (We have them, remember? They just kinda follow us around...) drifting in the distance. Other crewmen gathered around the various windows as well. Jake activated the nearby comm unit bolted in the wall. "Lux, I'm watching. Fire when ready."
Me: Have you ever wanted to explore the galaxy... in a BANANA?
You: No.
Me: Well now you can! Click the link below for the one-and-only Banana Mod!
http://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32321
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sun May 13, 2018 9:16 am

Lux hit the button on her datapad and the lightshow went into action. It was a very quick lightshow. About a second or two of the beam firing with a synthesised "pew" sound then the real fun began as it interacted with the big gaping singularity before them.

No idea what it might do though...
JakeCollins

Postby JakeCollins » Mon May 14, 2018 2:13 am

As the beam rippled through the darkness into the singularity, Jake immidiatly saw something he didn't want to see. The red light of the beam illuminated the dark clouds, like a neon red backlight. This exposed the shilloutes of at least two dozen rebel ships, holding an extremely tight defensive formation a few thousand kilometers off. For the past few months the two fleets, the URU and the Rebels had been mutually undetected. But shooting off a high energy beam lit them up like a neon light- literally. Jake saw the ships beginning to assume a very tight attack formation. But before he saw the formation complete, the laser weapon deactivated and they were blind again.

"Red alert!" Jake shouted. "Lux, power up the weapon again. Its our only way of seeing the ememy!"

Sarah replied "The weapon will take at least 30 seconds to recharge!"

About 45 seconds later, Jake was in the cockpit and the weapon had recharged. Jake ordered it to fire again. Once again, it illuminated the rebel forces. And they were visibly closer. Then, total darkness. 45 seconds later, the weapon fired again. This time, the beam actually made contact with a rebel scout, blowing it to pieces. But the rest of the fleet? Well, it was practically on top of them.
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Mon May 14, 2018 9:44 am

Kira glowed twice as bright when the rebel fleet was first sighted. She went straight onto comms. “All hands on deck! Fleet has been detected!” King smacked his head on the engines while doing some repair work. He went onto the comms.
“Situation: unoptimal. Suggestion: use of Kira's knowledge could aid us...”
“King, you and I both know that can't happen.”
Gorlag woke up, groggy and confused. “Whadada whaaa? Rebels?” He slithered out, saw the Mutare docked and his eyestalks shot up. “You take a nap and everything happens.” he muttered, slithering to the weapons room to activate weapons.
ImageImage
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon May 14, 2018 10:39 pm

The Seagull had already returned to the Pelican once the lightshow had begun. Eden and her crew took the cargo ship to Red Alert and deployed weapons. "Come on, let's get ourselves out of this mess"

Meanwhile Lux was looking at the displays with a rather happy-surprised expression. Happy at the laser doing something interesting, and surprised at how many Rebel ships were waiting inside the singularity. "Considering what we're up against, I don't think we should wait 30 seconds between shots; I'm going to overload the capacitator coils. It will most definitely burn them out after the battle but better to have destroyed weapons than a destroyed ship" Lux informed Jake "Unless the AI objects to violating weapon safety protocols."
Well so much for seeing what firing another laser at the singularity would do. I don't understand any of this data at all...
JakeCollins

Postby JakeCollins » Mon May 14, 2018 11:14 pm

"Yeah!" Sarah said. "Just overload it. You should be able to cut it down to 30 seconds, 20 if you really push it." A rebel scrap weapon scraped the hull of the Mature, as all shield bubbles were useless in the sand. "You'll only get about 5 shots with a weapon like that though, before it just fizzles out or explodes half your hull." With that, Sarah reached her maximum exertion and retreated into the computer.
NEmergix

Postby NEmergix » Wed May 16, 2018 8:59 pm

While Eden was heading back to the pilot seat, Nicholas objected that it was good to see the Scarab again and to hear that Bren was doing better.
He rushed the gunner's seat while the rebel fleet where rushing on them.

The ship has been upgraded with the tech that the fed' provided, and the old and the small weapon command room was now in much better order, with more modern equipment.
Thinking this was another useless and slow cargo holder, a rebel fighter focused the surprised and fixed scarab, but at the expense of being right in the middle of that supposed harmless ship that was the Pelican.

Deadly mistake.

Nicholas fired at the spoiled rebel ship, and the absence of any shield system, the almost all of the flak based artillery hit the now doomed ship.
The engine system was totally out of action and the ship was preached all over, making the rebel fighter launch into outer space like a rock.
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Thu May 17, 2018 7:37 pm

A rebel fighter fired some shots at the Scarab before being desimated by the Pelican. Luckily nothing was damaged. An auto-scout also came near, Garnarg fired the Scarab's weapons at it. The crystal burst hit the shields but the other lasers missed.

“I'll stay with the patients.” Grom explained, “You go and help.” Sediment complied and went to the helm wifh Jake, like where he would resided when they did have a fight before this whole singularity event. He sat in a back chair.

The Lanius fleet spotted the rebels and moved in to assist, firing at the rebel ships while doing so.
ImageImage