Complete Ships Guide [SPOILERS]

All your guides, strategy discussions, request for help on how to play go here. Please use [SPOILER] if relevant.
Deviator

Re: Complete Ships Guide [SPOILERS]

Postby Deviator » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:48 am

Hi,

I figured out that "unlocks" are located in:
C:\Users\user_name\Documents\My Games\FasterThanLight\prof.sav

So, could anyone please kindly share "prof.save" with others? :roll:

Please, understand me right FTL is awesome and fun game, but majority of players won't unlock even a half of ships and therefore half of a fun lost...

P.S. I was trying to edit it, adding some achievements but it is crypted of some sort, so game just hangs after loading.
Sacarathe

Postby Sacarathe » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:16 pm

Only 2 of the base ships are hard to unlock, and 2 of the secondary ships, grow up and buckle up.
Misteravarice

Postby Misteravarice » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:41 pm

Because it's not in the main post so I assume no one has acquire it yet.

Secret crystal cruiser (CLICK FOR FULL VIEW)
Managed to get it last night through what Im sure was some kind of glitch;
So Im cruising through the game and come upon the 'Stranded madman' event and decided to take him on board considering I has 5 crew already it was worth the risk of him killing one. No need to worry because the madman turns out to be an alright guy called 'charlie' who I at first believed to be a rockman until I took a looked at his stats.

So charlie stays in my crew helping out in shields when he suddenly says 'Hey I can take you to my home sector from here' and suddenly we are in the crystalman home sector and charlie is saying 'as agreed I'll show you where my ship was left' with a little quest icon appearing over the ship's location. When I arrive it gets sent to my hangar and I unlock the bravis.

This has to be some sort of glitch because at no point did I accept a quest from charlie and at no point did he mention anything about a ship prior to jumping us to the crystal homeworlds. So here is the knowledge about the ship but at the same time I feel I should report this in glitches and bugs right?
BigD145

Postby BigD145 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:57 pm

Huh. I'd never heard of this way of getting the crystal ship. I've had the pod version of the crystal dude and never got anything that took me to their homeworld. This was by sector 6 I think.
lukecis

Postby lukecis » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:48 am

i have info on the secret ship, the aliens that man it are not of any race known, and they can breath without o2 to get one you must pry open a cryogenic chamber instead of looting the place he will join you crew and give you the quest to get the ship, it tele's you to an unknown area of space, where you get completely wrecked almost no matter what, the enmys are amazingly strong no matter how far in you are,no one has unlocked the ship as of yet.
MrAmbassador

Postby MrAmbassador » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:21 am

Hi guys! Just some more confirmed information on the Slug Ship that I think should be updated in the main post. After dozens of unsuccessful runs I nailed down what needs to be done. Slug Home Nebula, long-range scanners OR a slug are needed. The big thing though is after you demand more information and get the quest marker no blue option will appear initially. Choose the second option (tail them) and the next dialogue box will present you with a blue option your slug and/or your scanners! I chose the first option and lost my chance, then had to redo it multiple times to get another so don't make the same mistake I did!
bigbangnet

Postby bigbangnet » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:42 am

Shouldn't your post be sticky ? Seems to be good for me
SlowerThanLight

Postby SlowerThanLight » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:31 am

You don't need the long ranged scanners augment you just need scanners to be level 2 or higher
icepick

Postby icepick » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:10 am

Aaargh! Almost had rock cruiser! (didn't even look it up)

They had two bars of health, and the sun got them. What the heck was I supposed to do?
BigD145

Postby BigD145 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:48 pm

The two wiki's could really use a thorough How To for the crystal ship. Anyone got one?
http://ftlwiki.com/
ftl.wikia.com/