Post your Highscore

All your guides, strategy discussions, request for help on how to play go here. Please use [SPOILER] if relevant.
Arthur Dent

Re: Post your Highscore

Postby Arthur Dent » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:52 am

I just finished my latest FTL run and deleted my profile afterwards (I do that every time I have won with every single ship). The only thing I have left is a screen shot of the stats, which I would post here if you could upload images, but apparently this isn't possible (or I have posted too few messages to be able to, don't know).

Anyway, my top five runs were:

Noether (Zoltan B) 6505
Swallow (Kestrel C) 6408
Shrike (Lanius B) 6328
Man of War (Slug A) 6322
Cerenkov (Zoltan B) 5974

These are however not my absolute high-scores - I am sure I exceeded 7000 on a few previous occasions.

These runs were all in hard mode, hence the relatively high scores. However, I never played to maximize the high score - my goal is always to win with every playable game in as few runs as possible. In fact, the low-score wins are usually the most satisfying ones as they are the very dificult runs that took you lots of work. On one occasion I beat the game collecting less than 900 scrap finishing at less than 4000 points, worse than many a losing run. The high-scoring runs usually are those where you get lucky. I believe in that winning run with the Noether, I looted a weapon pre-igniter very early into the game and the rest was an absolute cakewalk, even in hard mode.