Final Boss (normal) Fool proof strat

All your guides, strategy discussions, request for help on how to play go here. Please use [SPOILER] if relevant.
Danielstark

Final Boss (normal) Fool proof strat

Postby Danielstark » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:10 am

Hi all,

I keep bumping into all these fancy shmancy guides that have a billion steps, and require you to have weaponry not normally available. This strategy aims to give a more straight forward battle plan. In fact, this plan only has one step:

Stage 1: focus shields

Stage 2: focus shields

Stage 3: focus shields

Guaranteed victory.

If you can't deal with the minimum of variables for this method, then play on Easy. :D
cannonfodder

Re: Final Boss (normal) Fool proof strat

Postby cannonfodder » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:06 pm

horrible guide.
what it should be is:

stage 1:
focus shield and keep them down
focus weapon rooms
kill all the crew except for 1 rebel

stage 2:
focus weapons and drone control
cloak during power surges if you dont have cloak then brace for impact

stage 3:
focus shield, there will be no one to repair it at this point
focus weapons and drones
go for maximum hull damage

at least you got some of it right, but still, thats a stupid guide.
My name is Cannonfodder on Subset Forums, but I am also known as NotSoLoneWolf on Discord which I prefer as a name
Agent_L

Postby Agent_L » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:23 pm

Danielstark wrote:I keep bumping into all these fancy shmancy guides [...] require you to have weaponry not normally available.

You got this part right. Sadly your guide is another useless one, but not even fancy.
CIA maps of Portugal Please God, don't let Portugal to go to war with USA!
Danielstark

Postby Danielstark » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:39 am

cannonfodder wrote:horrible guide.
what it should be is:

stage 1:
focus weapon rooms
kill all the crew except for 1 rebel

stage 2:
focus weapons and drone control
cloak during power surges if you dont have cloak then brace for impact

stage 3:
focus shield, there will be no one to repair it at this point
focus weapons and drones
go for maximum hull damage

at least you got some of it right, but still, thats a stupid guide.

Everything below "Focus shields" is a no-brainer. By that you are insinuating that people have no brains and can't figure out things that should go without saying.

Although i didn't think i would have to break it down any further, the general idea, and the key to victory is (Focusing shields) - Not a bunch of needlessly complicated strategic methods like every guide here has.

Just trying to help out the new people, but congratz on not only taking this out of context, but also being a spiteful jerk about it. If you ask me, i'm the only one here being constructive, not destructive.

Good day.
Cragspyder

Postby Cragspyder » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:40 am

In this thread: OP says that everyone who can't beat the final boss on normal is too dumb to play the game, and then claims he is being constructive.

This thread should be locked, and you should be banned.

/threadover

EDIT: I edited my post instead of making a new one to avoid bumping this thread a second time. Let this condescending little man crawl back to his hole in the bottom of the internet, where he belongs, please. No more bumps. All we have learned from this waste of space is that this board needs report and upvote/downvote functionality.
Last edited by Cragspyder on Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Danielstark

Postby Danielstark » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:18 am

Cragspyder wrote:In this thread: OP says that everyone who can't beat the final boss on normal is too dumb to play the game, and then claims he is being constructive.

This thread should be locked, and you should be banned.

/threadover

Again, nothing but destructive vacuous dribble.

If you are going to put words into someones mouth, at least make sure it's not irrelevant nonsensical garbage.

Yes, i should be banned for making a guide .... yes ... hmm ... yes. :shock:
Agent_L

Postby Agent_L » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:18 am

Danielstark wrote:Yes, i should be banned for making a guide .... yes ... hmm ... yes.

No, you should be banned for posting useless crap and falsely advertising it as a "guide".

How does focusing on shields helps boarding-oriented builds?
How does focusing on shields helps missile-oriented builds?
When all my energy weapons are ion, how does focusing on shields is of any importance?

If you're assuming your reader is playing with laser-heavy build, at least state who you're talking to.
CIA maps of Portugal Please God, don't let Portugal to go to war with USA!
hborrgg

Postby hborrgg » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:36 pm

I thought it was funny.

There are a ton of different ways to beat the boss yet we keep getting these threads which claim to have "THE perfect strategy."
Aerowind

Postby Aerowind » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:55 pm

Wouldn't work for me.

Half the time the only weapons I use aren't affected by shields at all. I typically run bomb heavy boarding games. I never even touch shields.
UberFubarius

Postby UberFubarius » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:21 pm

Um... focus shield doesn't work if you don't get good enough weapon (which is very, VERY possible in normal game).
Boarding, however, almost always work. Heck, it would work if you just have 2 mantis or rockman or crystal or human (and laughably easy if you have 1 crystal, at least).
Of course, need a decent engine and preferably 3 shields (even better if you can get at least 1 cloak) to survive initial weapon.

As stated in a boss guide by someone else before, take out weapons (leaving the burst laser alone), and leisurely wipe out the remaining crew.
If you have 1 crystal, find a poor sucker who's by himself, teleport crystal + mantis into his room, and try to time it so that.
1. If anyone tries to help, crystal the room before they get to the door.
or
2. If he's about to run, crystal the room to trap him.
If you have at least 3 shield, the burst laser cannot hurt you.
The only danger is with the cloak. You may lose your boarding crew if they cloak while your boarding crew is being overwhelmed (so try to time it right before when you think the cloak will start).

If you have no crystal, then try the following.
1. If you have bomb - Board them, hurt them, when they're run for medbay, time it so the bomb detonate in medbay the moment they reach it..
2. If you have weapon - same tactic, but you have to focus fire on medbay to ensure you get it.

In fact, in one of my play using the crystal ship with quad teleporter, I didn't bother firing any weapon in the beginning (I have ion 2 + lvl 1 attack drone + lvl 1 defense drone). Just crew kill everything in the main body and leisurely kill the engine and shield subsystem (actually took out door first, since damn those are annoying). Then watch the drone lazily kill the ship off.
Stage 2, same tactic, teleport into weapon bay (not sure what would happen if I teleport 4 into the 2 tile sized weapon bay that's isolated from everything else). Teleport into drone bay to get rid of the annoying boarding drone. Stroll up to the engine and shield to take it out, then pepper it to death with drone.
Stage 3, exact, same, tactic.