The Basilisk: Putting the MAN in MANTIS

All your guides, strategy discussions, request for help on how to play go here. Please use [SPOILER] if relevant.
spacecadet13

Re: The Basilisk: Putting the MAN in MANTIS

Postby spacecadet13 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:37 am

The Rock B Ship -Shivan - is freaking awesome for boarding. grab a teleporter, launch that firebomb and send your Rocks into the firebombed room. I like my enemy crew medium-rare (and tenderised by a couple of levelled up Rocks....mmmm, tasty!)
Nunizillion

Postby Nunizillion » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:50 am

Just thought you should know, I just beat easy for the first time using a mantis B with help from your guide! thanks! :D
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:53 am

Nunizillion wrote:Just thought you should know, I just beat easy for the first time using a mantis B with help from your guide! thanks! :D

Niceone Nunizillion! :mrgreen: I hope you find the same succes with the Federation cruiser, it's a tough ship for me for some reason. :?
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
GarbageTruck

Postby GarbageTruck » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:31 pm

This ship is awesome. I initially thought that the Carnelian was the best boarding ship, but I am liking the Basilisk as lot more. If you can make it through the first 2 sectors you are pretty much guaranteed a good selection of weapons, crew, and scrap. I wish the graphics were better so I could zoom in and see my Mantis Rapid Action Prosecution and Execution (RAPE) Force spreading enemy guts on bulkheads. One can dream :D
Mataza

Postby Mataza » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:40 pm

Wow, I lucked onto a Breach Bomb II early. Never had this smooth sailing.
This thing is insane. INSANE. My first buy was a scrap arm.

After I got my armament to Burst Laser I/Burst Laser I/Breach Bomb II, I never got or needed an upgrade. Not that i fired much. I lost all my 4 boarders against phase of the boss, because I forgot to check his hull while decimating his crew. Still won easily. Send my weapons rockman boarding the missile launcher and breach bombing him to shreds.

The game was won much earlier, really.
LizardKing

Postby LizardKing » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:03 pm

This is one of those guides I could happily read more than once as it's quite entertaining.

The only thing I would add is regarding auto assaults. Before sending in the boarding drone to take off the last hull point, I'll teleport my mantis into the empty room first, if it has one, thus forcing the drone into one of the others. Nothing quite as annoying as spending ages whittling it down to 1 point only to have the boarding drone land in the empty room.
einarcf

Postby einarcf » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:25 pm

I do a run right now in the The Basilisk :twisted:, and now i got ...wait for it... 6 Mantis,1 Engi AND 1 CRYSTAL
IN Sector 3 :mrgreen: (TRUE) and i got hull missle and pike beam. So i think this run will go well. And the Rebles will once more be deafeted.
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:34 am

einarcf wrote:I do a run right now in the The Basilisk :twisted:, and now i got ...wait for it... 6 Mantis,1 Engi AND 1 CRYSTAL
IN Sector 3 :mrgreen: (TRUE) and i got hull missle and pike beam. So i think this run will go well. And the Rebles will once more be deafeted.

I doesn't look good for the Rebels. :D
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
nimitz98

Postby nimitz98 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:44 pm

Bump. This should be stickied.
Agg Shell

Postby Agg Shell » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:22 pm

i just finished my 3rd sucsess in the amazing basilisk. i beat the flagship like a boss, too. So, i had a burst and hull laser mk. 2, and a halberd beam. i knew i had to kill all the crew, so as i was wondering i finaly dicided to attack shields, tele somewhere else and own another person vs. 4 mantis. ended up me fighting everyone in the shield room, and when there was only 1 person in there right as they almost leave the room they died. i had a VERY close call much before that, though. i tele'd into a auto ship (one w/ doors) and instead of the shield room, i accidently tp'd in the weapon area.so as they were fighting i was just about to get them out, when i hear the cloaking noise. i think
OH. CRAP. RESTART=EMININT
but right as the ship uncloaks, i get my mantis back in. they have 1 health. 1 health. it was amazing.
Your guide is nice, thought dude. really funny.
Are you a mantis? Do you lack ships to fight and Zoltans to chew? Look no further! Come to your nearest mantis warcamp in the Zoltan Homeworlds or Zoltan controled sector and ask for a free brochure about how to farm the Zoltan! Results may very.