[Spoiler] FTL Profile Editor v11 - Unlock ships, keep stats

All your guides, strategy discussions, request for help on how to play go here. Please use [SPOILER] if relevant.
Expired Mayo

Re: [Spoiler] FTL Profile Editor v11 - Unlock ships, keep st

Postby Expired Mayo » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:14 am

I couldn't v11 to work with the most recent version obtained through the steam sale.

I noticed all the code got forked and was being updated in https://github.com/Vhati/ftl-profile-editor, and there was very much a pom.xml in there, so I took the liberty of maven deploying it. Tested it out, looks like all my stats are intact.

Released as v12-SNAPSHOT per the java/software release recommendations. Vhati, let me know if you want me to pull it down or anything.

https://github.com/yaozornation/ftl-profile-editor/blob/master/README.md
https://github.com/yaozornation/ftl-profile-editor/downloads

EDIT: don't forget to back up your save file! My extent of testing has been "unlock two ships, save, see if game still runs." I'm pretty sure there needs to be a lot more QA before we can determine this thing won't wreck your saves.
WhiteMoose

Postby WhiteMoose » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:57 pm

I have a problem.

When executing the .jar file, I managed to choose the wrong file.
The problem is that I don't have a clue how to choose the correct file, because when I execute the .jar again it just gives me a error message "Error parsing FTL data files".

A kind soul out there who can help? :)

[Fixed]
I just reinstalled the game, hence removing the file the .jar tried to open to begin with.
Works like a charm.
Last edited by WhiteMoose on Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mlmiii

Postby Mlmiii » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:38 am

Try uninstalling mods before editing your profile. I was getting the same error and that fixed it.
Vhati

Postby Vhati » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:09 pm

therunawaybros615 wrote:This project is dead.... :cry:

Well... unmanaged. :roll:

If any new features come to mind, I guess I'll take over.
(a shiny new thread with current screenshots that points to my github fork)
Tekidek

Postby Tekidek » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:44 am

Mlmiii wrote:Try uninstalling mods before editing your profile. I was getting the same error and that fixed it.

I'm getting the same error and just did what you said, no results. I tried with that v12 SNAPSHOT, and v11.
Strange, because I remember using it once a month ago and it worked... :(
Vhati

Postby Vhati » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:24 pm

WhiteMoose wrote:When executing the .jar file, I managed to choose the wrong file.
The problem is that I don't have a clue how to choose the correct file, because when I execute the .jar again it just gives me a error message "Error parsing FTL data files".

Tekidek wrote:I'm getting the same error [...] I tried with that v12 SNAPSHOT, and v11.
Strange, because I remember using it once a month ago and it worked... :(

When you first run the editor, the chosen game location is remembered in "ftl-editor.cfg".
You can delete that file, and the editor will prompt again and recreate the config.
Or you'll also get the prompt if you run the editor when the location is absent.

The game location should contain a "resources" directory, which in turn contains "data.dat" and "resources.dat".

I can't guess why it should suddenly stop working.
There should also be a "ftl-profile-editor.log" which may be informative, for me at least.

Definitely use v12 SNAPSHOT instead of v11.
Vhati

Postby Vhati » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:41 am

Okay, I've started the new thread with an official release of v12.

It's basically the same as the snapshot, except it checks for updates at my repository instead.
And because GitHub is phasing out its downloads sections, the compiled jar is hosted at SourceForge.
Forte

Postby Forte » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:57 am

Can someone please post a how to video because i dont understand what to do after i download it
Vhati

Postby Vhati » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:10 pm

Forte wrote:Can someone please post a how to video because i dont understand what to do after i download it
See the post directly above yours.

This thread is no longer active, and the editor has been updated several times since v11 here.
Mycroft113

Postby Mycroft113 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:47 am

This seems very helpfull