[Spoiler] FTL Profile Editor v11 - Unlock ships, keep stats

All your guides, strategy discussions, request for help on how to play go here. Please use [SPOILER] if relevant.
aedyr

Re: [Spoiler] FTL Profile Editor v6 - Unlock ships, keep sta

Postby aedyr » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:12 pm

So, I got tired of scumming and restarting trying to get the sectors to line up for the Crystal Cruiser. Used v6 of the tool to unlock and worked fine. Thanks for making this.
ComaToes

Re: [Spoiler] FTL Profile Editor v7 - Unlock ships, keep sta

Postby ComaToes » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:24 pm

I've released v7. This is largely a behind-the-scenes change that doesn't add much new stuff, but paves the way for more things. If you had any problems with v6, v7 now logs any errors to ftl-profile-editor.log, which will help me to diagnose issues. Any new updates after v7 will display a list of changes rather than taking you directly to the download page, so you can see what's new without checking back here.

The plan for v8 is displaying general achievements and stats.
bmendez0415

Postby bmendez0415 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:27 pm

v7 told me to post this. I didn't want to edit my prof.sav when it was giving me the "didn't read correctly error."

Wait, extension sav is not allowed. How do I post the save?
ComaToes

Postby ComaToes » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:53 pm

bmendez0415 wrote:Wait, extension sav is not allowed. How do I post the save?

Damn. Didn't realise the forums restricted attachments. I'll work on something now that outputs the profile in text form so you can post it by just copy/pasting.
McSqueeb

Postby McSqueeb » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:23 am

v7 opens fine.
ComaToes

Re: [Spoiler] FTL Profile Editor v8 - Unlock ships, keep sta

Postby ComaToes » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:14 am

I've rolled out v8 now. Stats display isn't quite finished (Top scores only), but the parser error now shows your profile in text form so you can copy/paste it here or into GitHub's issue tracking.
Zoso

Re: [Spoiler] FTL Profile Editor v9 - Unlock ships, keep sta

Postby Zoso » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:54 pm

Found an error with v9, also occurs with v8. Upon opening the executable .jar an error dialog box opens: "Could not find the main class: net.blerf.ftl.FTLProfileEditor. Program will exit." Any idea what the problem could be?
ComaToes

Postby ComaToes » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:31 pm

Zoso wrote:Found an error with v9, also occurs with v8. Upon opening the executable .jar an error dialog box opens: "Could not find the main class: net.blerf.ftl.FTLProfileEditor. Program will exit." Any idea what the problem could be?

What's your operating system and Java version (run "java -version" in terminal/command prompt)? (Try updating Java if it's lower than 1.7)
wisnoskij

Postby wisnoskij » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:15 pm

Great, thanks.
I was gettign tied of playing just for the small chance of getting a new ship unlock.
Zoso

Postby Zoso » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:24 pm

ComaToes wrote:What's your operating system and Java version (run "java -version" in terminal/command prompt)? (Try updating Java if it's lower than 1.7)

It is windows 7 32-bit and java 7. I tried a fresh java install and game install and that particular error is gone but now it doesn't seem to work. I can open the .jar now and it will ask me to find the data resource file, which info. Then I can open my prof.sav and make changes and save but t does seem to actually unlock anything. Could be user error.