Tourus Help?

All your guides, strategy discussions, request for help on how to play go here. Please use [SPOILER] if relevant.
Sporemaster18

Re: Tourus Help?

Postby Sporemaster18 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:21 pm

I think I have Tourus (or Thorus whaterver) A down. Once I unlock the vortex, I definitely will have some trouble. My problem with type A was that I got into the habit of not using autofire because I used the original ship a lot and I didn't want to waste missiles. My problem was that I wasn't using autofire with the ion blast which made it so I couldn't pierce 2 layer shields. It got much easier once I realized that autofire is actually useful. Now type B, that's going to be difficult.
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:00 pm

One of my personal, long-term goals will be clearing the game with the Vortex without expanding the crew for the whole game, just the starting engi pilot.

Oh god is it gonna be fun.
Carrandas

Postby Carrandas » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:26 am

So far the only ship I managed to finish the game with.

For basics, the ion cannon is great to disable their shields. You can even lock down their shields+ weapons if you alternate.

For the engi ship, the "droid recovery arm" is awesome. It saves you a ton of scrap on droid parts.

Keep your shields up to pair with your enemies.

And you'll need some more firepower. I found a combination of 2 ion cannons + 3 attack drones to be amazing. The cannons tear down the shields in not time and the attack drones tear everything to shreds in no time.
zzandrio

Postby zzandrio » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:41 am

The Engie ship is my least favorite of them all. This video sums up my feelings towards it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1kjq5BCNGI
This is a 45 minute playthrough. I do plan to eventually go back to the Crap Bucket and master it, however.
Sporemaster18

Postby Sporemaster18 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:24 pm

zzandrio wrote:The Engie ship is my least favorite of them all. This video sums up my feelings towards it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1kjq5BCNGI
This is a 45 minute playthrough. I do plan to eventually go back to the Crap Bucket and master it, however.

I personally with the Torus always lock down their weapons. It should also lock down their shields (sort of) and if it doesn't and the drone keeps shooting their shields then oh well, the stars will align eventually. At least you aren't getting bombarded by missiles every 8 seconds. Also, at least the attack drone is doing damage. Sure it would be nice if you could tell it what to shoot but maybe it will do something random and useful like hit their o2 and divert some crew that could otherwise be fixing their downed weapons or shields or something.