Complete Ship's Achievements guide [SPOILERS]

All your guides, strategy discussions, request for help on how to play go here. Please use [SPOILER] if relevant.
UglyMug

Re: Complete Ship's Achievements guide [SPOILERS]

Postby UglyMug » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:44 pm

Note: The Anti-bio beam requires the line to be exactly on top of the crew member to damage them, in case you might think you only need to hit the rooms they are in.

Not true. You only need to hit the cell that they occupy, which are the little grid blocks that rooms are divided into. This, with careful aiming, makes it possible to hit three guys in the same 4x4 room despite the fact the are arranged in an "L" formation.

One way to make getting this achievement easier is to hit boarders that have just warped back to their ship.
Chocolateknife

Postby Chocolateknife » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:43 pm

UglyMug wrote:
Note: The Anti-bio beam requires the line to be exactly on top of the crew member to damage them, in case you might think you only need to hit the rooms they are in.

Not true. You only need to hit the cell that they occupy, which are the little grid blocks that rooms are divided into. This, with careful aiming, makes it possible to hit three guys in the same 4x4 room despite the fact the are arranged in an "L" formation.

One way to make getting this achievement easier is to hit boarders that have just warped back to their ship.

really? That is strange, I've always tried just hitting the cells they are in, but they never take damage.
Taznak

Postby Taznak » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:56 am

No escape: Trap 4 enemy crewman using the crystal being's lockdown ability or a lockdown bomb

I have never seen a lockdown bomb, but I used by crystal being's lockdown ability to get this achievement. Its hard having 4 people in the same room, but you should find instances that have boarders. These are usually common in Pirate controlled sectors. Once you have 4 boarders, send your crystal into the room that they are in, and use the lockdown ability by pressing the lockdown button next to the crystal's name.

I just got this on the Crystal Cruiser B. I teleported the 3 initial Crystal crewmen and one Rock crewman onto an enemy ship, started fighting two enemy crewmembers, used Lockdown to prevent them from fleeing... and I got the achievement.

So, I guess that trapping four of your own crewmen with Lockdown is good enough, somehow? Might be a bug.
Number43

Postby Number43 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:10 am

I managed to legimately get the "ion 4 systems" achievement using only the ion II and a heavy ion. I also had a fully leveled guy manning weapons and an automated re-loader. It took quite a while of trying but I finally managed to get 4 systems ioned at the same time for a tiny fraction of a second.

Szyszkojad wrote:I can't get the "phase shift" achievement. I cloak during the power surge but it doesn't give me the achievement.

Chocolateknife wrote:I have never seen a lockdown bomb

They are used by crystal ships in secret sector and can be bought in a shop there. They don't do any personnel damage, system damage, don't cause fire or breaches, they just lock the room down exactly like a crystal alien. Extremely rare and extremely useless.

They aren't entirely useless, as they would be helpful in killing the crew of the boss. However that is redundant as you'd only ever have one if you already had a crystal crewmember, which can reliably pull that off anyway with enough patience.

I've also seen the same bug where you get the lockdown 4 enemies when there weren't 4 enemies in the room, but 4 of my own crew.
Klarth

Postby Klarth » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:43 pm

It's a shame that lockdown bombs are so rare. I think it's a really cool mechanic that increases your options in combat (both offensive and defensive) but if you want to play around with it, you more or less have to use the secret cruiser.

Re "The Guns...they've stopped": It's probably mentioned already, but teleporters and cloaking devices on cooldown count as being ioned. I believe only the large Rock Assault has both.
Oka

Postby Oka » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:20 pm

Helo everyone.
I have a problem with achievement Givin' her all she's got Captain! With the Zoltan Cruiser.

"The max number of power for a ship is 25 without zoltans, so to complete this achievement it is required to obtain another zoltan besides the 3 starting ones. Also, this requires alot of scrap, since it is needed to put 29 power in systems (subsystems - doors, sensors and piloting don't count). "
Game version 1.01
Uploaded 2 pics, i got all requiements, but no achievement.
I even tryed to move all 4 Zoltans in all possible rooms and nothing.
Me sad.
AstralStorm

Postby AstralStorm » Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:38 am

The automatically powered subsystems don't count. Move the pilot elsewhere.
Oka

Postby Oka » Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:26 pm

updated to last version 1.03.1
i tryed again but can't get this achievement, tryed moving the 4 Zoltans in all rooms and all possible combinations.
no achievement, this is bugged
Fangz

Postby Fangz » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:50 pm

Disintegration Ray:Kill 3 enemy crew members with a single shot of the Anti-bio Beam

Got this achievement by killing 2 of my boarders plus 1 enemy crew. D:
Vindaloo

Postby Vindaloo » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:40 pm

Oka wrote:updated to last version 1.03.1
i tryed again but can't get this achievement, tryed moving the 4 Zoltans in all rooms and all possible combinations.
no achievement, this is bugged

You have to allocate 29 power to systems, in your sceenshot that would mean activating both drones and all your systems to full power.